Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1862 - Brats on vacation in September

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1862 - Brats on vacation in September
September 23, 2006
Now this chaps my hide to no end! Catdaddy and I often GO OUT OF OUR WAY. to take trips when we are sure that there is NO school vacation anywhere. But there is still no escaping brats.

Attention O Lurking Breeders: You gave up your right to take a vacation at any time of the year you want when you had kids. Send the damned brats to school when they are supposed to be there, and leave us CF with what little relief from you and your hellions we can get.
Anonymous User
Re: #1862 - Brats on vacation in September
September 24, 2006
Didn't anyone tell you guys? Letting your kids run around and annoy people all day, every day and bringing them with you to every single place you go is now considered "home schooling". And more & more breeders are jumping on that bandwagon.
I was reading a moo forum and one entitlemoo claimed that kids need to learn to "live a little" and that these "vacations" are more beneficial than what is learned in the classroom.

I'm sorry but what is educational about lying out in the sun sipping daquiris. Kids need to learn about obligations and responsibilities. My ex was an accountant, meaning no extended breaks between January to April and certainly no spring breaks. My friends who work in political consulting become pretty much invisible during even numbered years and drop off the face of the earth from September to November. And they sure as hell won't be going to the Carribean in October. Just because it's cheaper to cruise in October or just because duhd can only get off work then doesn't mean you have the right to take your brats out of school.
September 24, 2006
It is the same attitude of parents complaining about school homework because their kids do not "like doing it". While I do agree that excessive homework is not healthy because all people regardless of age need to have downtime and school is basically the child's job, I do believe that a little work outside of the classroom does teach discipline. Years ago, parents were in an uproar when schools started earlier claiming that their children -- usually the high school ones -- hated getting up early in the morning. Aren't the breeders supposed to be preparing their offspring to be productive adults? Prepping for adulthood does mean having kids do certain things they do not like so they are ready for the "real world". Heck, I got to do things every single day I hate such as dealing with co-workers that are less than desirable. I would love to not have to work...but then, I would not have a place to live if I chose that route.
September 24, 2006
Bc they are asshats once they shell out the shit loaves.

My dh and I want to go on a vacation for our anniversery, something that the childfree can do, and my moo-in-law (sil) was wandering why anyone would do that. It is bc we can. Duh.

lab mom
Anonymous User
September 24, 2006
WaterLily, Catdaddy and I go on vacation every year for our anniversary. Yep, and we can do this because...

Even if money is tight at any given time, we can still manage to take a shorter, less expensive trip. It's amazing how much money you can save by not buying disposable diapers and plastic kindercrap!
September 25, 2006
It sucks that you cannot even take a god damned cruise DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR without being overrun with brats. You'd think pahrunts would want to get away from the screeching hellions and relax on a nice vacation.

Oh the homeskooling thing, don't ya love it? A trip to the Carribbean, yep, that's homeskoolin' for ya.

I was in the grocery store on my day off not long ago, and some moo was there with her 3 kyds, talking about food, nutrition, costs, etc. She had NO idea what the hell she was even talking about. I heard her on her cell phone a few asiles over cackling how she's got the kids out for a homeskool course at the Giant.
September 25, 2006
Some education eh?

Amen, Catmommy9!!!!

Why not take a vacay on a special day between a couple? We deserve some time off to relax. Especially my dh.

lab mom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login