Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

eHell illustrates the totally self-absorbed moo

Posted by Melanie 
eHell illustrates the totally self-absorbed moo
October 08, 2010
So this moo in pig (that term vastly amuses me) is all consternated about whether or not she should make a grand entrance at the family Thanksgiving shindig and let her pregnant belly do the talking, or whether that might distress people who were not told about the pregnancy in advance. Check out the chorus of "here's what WE did" that follows.

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=84785.0

Honestly. I realize that expectant couples will garner interest and well-wishers but is there really anyone out there who would be crushed, hurt or -- that old eHell favorite and the worst tragedy they think can befall humankind -- "offended" if they didn't find out for a few months that a family member was pignant? It is possible to wish people well without needing a play-by-play, minute-by-minute account of the conception, pregnancy and birth, after all.

Just so typical of the self-absorbed pahrunts that they would fret about how to divulge their great accomplishment, which is being replicated by gerbils worldwide as we speak.

Oh and as I see it, walking into a gathering appropriately dressed in maternity clothing when one's size warrants it IS the etiquette approved and time-honored way of "announcing" a pregnancy. I.e., you let people notice gradually,you don't make keepsake gifts of the ultrasound photo and post pix of your positive EPT stick on Facebook. If you have any class, that is, which does not exactly describe the typical eHell moo. On this thread, they are totally flummoxed by the woman who said she did just that. "But why? Weren't people's feeeeelings huuurt?"
Re: eHell illustrates the totally self-absorbed moo
October 08, 2010
I'm imagining the moo walking in, wearing one of those trendy belly bearing shirts that preggos think is cute to wear, so everyone can see they have a bun in the oven. Then everyone getting confused, as to whether or not she's the turkey. waving hellolarious
October 08, 2010
Now I'm thinking of Martha Stewart's baby Halloween costume from a few years back.

Dig in, everyone!
October 08, 2010
I would love it if she walked in and nobody said a thing, either because they just thought she'd gotten fat or they knew her narcissism well and just plain didn't want to stoke her ego. Imagine how enraged she would be!

Or imagine if another family member had done the same thing at the same time. Showed up in-pig and announced it before she could and made it some kind of attention-whoring competition.
October 08, 2010
"Heeeeeyyyyy everybody! Look who's here! It's me! And, um, another little guest too!" *giggle choke snicker*

:biggrin2

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 08, 2010
She's so self-absorbed I'm surprised that she posted about OTHER people's feelings being hurt. Must be a rare day in her world where she notices that there's anyone else around her in the world at all.
October 08, 2010
law1204
She's so self-absorbed I'm surprised that she posted about OTHER people's feelings being hurt. Must be a rare day in her world where she notices that there's anyone else around her in the world at all.

I think she's vastly underestimating the number of people who truly, honestly, really don't give a shit.

Saying "congratulations!" is more of an obligatory gesture rather than a sign of genuine happiness. I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I can attest that I truly don't care when someone tells me of "the news."
October 08, 2010
I've never been excited to hear someone announce their pregnancy at famblee get-togethers, either. Just a cursory "Oh, congratulations" and then I'm looking for the shrimp cocktail platter.
October 08, 2010
violetyoshi
I'm imagining the moo walking in, wearing one of those trendy belly bearing shirts that preggos think is cute to wear, so everyone can see they have a bun in the oven. Then everyone getting confused, as to whether or not she's the turkey. waving hellolarious

Turkey? Hell, I beez gettin' sum fried chikinz tonight!:yeah
October 09, 2010
Miss_Hannigan
violetyoshi

Turkey? Hell, I beez gettin' sum fried chikinz tonight!:yeah

i dunno why, but this is just so fucking funny!

honestly, why doesn't the chick in question just say she is pregnant to her family and without the fanfare and tell her husband to grow the fuck up? it's not like she's the first person to ever come to a family get together pregnant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login