Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5 Dumbest Things to do on Facebook

Posted by navi8orgirl 
5 Dumbest Things to do on Facebook
October 01, 2010
This was on one of my news websites. #4 was a classic and one of our pet abominations....

http://www.click2houston.com/entertainment/25115487/detail.html

Dumbest Facebook Mistake No. 4 Constant Status Updates

Many have forgotten the main purpose of Facebook: To make people think you're successful.

Nothing, however, screams "I'm a big loser with way too much free time on my hands" louder than constant updates and challenges and quizzes and pictures and gifts and invitations.

When you sent that mafia challenge to your 10 closest friends, five of whom don't exactly remember who you are, you thought it was good, clean cyber-bonding. In actuality, it was a desperate plea for help, a cry for love, a proclamation that you're kind of a loser.

When you posted updates of your breastfeeding schedule, you made several men squirm in discomfort and several men squirm with passion.

When you sent status updates of the various-colored poop found in your baby's diaper, you signaled to the world that you have completely lost your identity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Re: 5 Dumbest Things to do on Facebook
October 01, 2010
October 02, 2010
What Rose said.

Do people REALLY do that? I mean, the poop status updates? OMG! I'd IMMEDIATELY "unfriend" someone if they posted that shit on MY wall. Sometimes I'm snacking whilst on FB.
October 02, 2010
Yes, the constant status updates drive me nuts. I've blocked several people just because I got sick of scrolling through all their BS. Half of it written in text speak, too. Ugh. If you can't write properly, get off the computer and text all your BFFs instead.
October 02, 2010
I only have forty friends, but the two who update every day, sometimes two or three times a day, are the SAHMs, even though they claim how "bizzy" they are!
Karissa
October 02, 2010
Completely agree.. Even better is constant updates on your danm pregnancy. Check my post called ignorance at its finest
October 02, 2010
I realize that "updating" is popular and I know a lot of pretty otherwise nice people who do it RELIGIOUSLY and about everything and if that's what they want to do, then fine. HOWEVER, when they constantly insist on telling me to "check my facebooger status!!!" when I ask them a question, IN PERSON, I find that silly and offensive. I feel like facebooger is a "third party", which in essence that's exactly what it is desgined to be, but some people think that facebooger status updates should replace real life exchanges and I DISAGREE. It reminds me of Jr. High when no one would actually walk up to a boy/girl who they really liked, but instead preferring to ask another friend who was friends with the brother of the kyd in question if he liked them or not!

I don't WANT to sign into facebooger to see what kind of mood my husband is in and I don't WANT to look on facebooger to see if someone's job promotion went through and I CERTAINLY don't want to know any intimate details of ANYONE'S every day living.I can go ALL day without knowing if my Uncle Jimmy's ass rash has cleared up, if my co-worker's nipples are chafed from breastfeeding, or if someone might be sleepy at 11AM, energetic at 2AM, or whatever. If I am that close to a person then I will likely already know these things and if I am NOT, then I don't WANT to know. For facebooger "friends" to assume that people want to know personal or intimate things and a blow by blow, play by play of their everyday lives, says a LOT about their level of maturity and puts their selfishness on display. Do that many people REALLY need to be constantly patted on the back or otherwise receive attention from their friends, famblee. and peers? God I hope not.shrug

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 02, 2010
i have a life, but i do constant status updates just to piss people off:

"jen zatoth just sent you a date tree in farmville. send her one back as a thank you!"

my friends all know i do it just to piss people off...
October 02, 2010
zatoth

"jen zatoth just sent you a date tree in farmville. send her one back as a thank you!"

That ain't your real name!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 02, 2010
SlumSlut
zatoth

That ain't your real name!

devil with smile

:partay
October 02, 2010
In the past 15 minutes I've gotten this on my facebook page updates:

I have lost my mind... and my kids keep chasing it around the house. Oh great now its scared and hiding from them too.

A mother's love is unconditional.Might not like what they do, but doesn't change the love. Unconditional & forever.this is to all of my children

To get a hug from one of your children for absolutely no reason at all (no matter how old they are) is one of life's greatest gifts!

if you think that giving birth to a child is painful, then wait till they grow up

It doesn't matter how old my children are they will always be my babies smiling smiley

The greatest pain a mother feels, is when her children are in pain and there's nothing she can do!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
October 02, 2010
Wow KABA, time to cull that friends list!
Anonymous User
October 03, 2010
Facebook [and all of this other social networking] is moronic. If i want to talk to you , i'll just pick up a phone.
October 03, 2010
eaglepoke56
Facebook [and all of this other social networking] is moronic. If i want to talk to you , i'll just pick up a phone.

it works for me because i tend to stutter, so not having to debate in regular conversation is pretty much a positive...
October 05, 2010
zatoth
eaglepoke56

it works for me because i tend to stutter, so not having to debate in regular conversation is pretty much a positive...

Me, too. I have a slight speech impediment, and it works better for me. It's also free. Picking up a phone, and having phone service, costs $$$$$$.

lab mom
October 05, 2010
zatoth

When I'm playing Mafia Wars, I send gifts and updates about 'leveling up' so that my other mafia members can get the bonuses. This irks others on facebook who don't play those games. Poop on them.

:partay :biggrin2

lab mom
October 06, 2010
KABA

I have lost my mind... and my kids keep chasing it around the house. Oh great now its scared and hiding from them too.

A mother's love is unconditional.Might not like what they do, but doesn't change the love. Unconditional & forever.this is to all of my children

To get a hug from one of your children for absolutely no reason at all (no matter how old they are) is one of life's greatest gifts!

if you think that giving birth to a child is painful, then wait till they grow up

It doesn't matter how old my children are they will always be my babies smiling smiley

The greatest pain a mother feels, is when her children are in pain and there's nothing she can do!!

Fucking hell... And I thought my friends updates were bad... eye rolling smiley fainting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
Anonymous User
October 06, 2010
KABA

these people would all be hidden post haste if they couldn't be removed outright (All family memebers get a free pass on deletion simply because I'm trying to get to know them all after 20 years of being seperated.)

Social networking allows me to keep up with people in a more time convenient manner. My hours vary drastically and differ greatly from many of my friends because they work retail or night life jobs and I work in a family office. I can contact them at time convenient to me without disrupting them and they can reply in kind. It also allows me to "hang out" with my friends in other places, as it provides a virtual space in which we can watch videos, play games, or chat together while miles apart.

However, referring a live person inquiring about your life to your Facebook status is rude and moronic beyond measure. What the hell is wrong people? Online social networking is SUPPLEMENTAL to realife social networking, not a replacement. Idiots.
October 06, 2010
I like Facebook because it makes it easier to keep in touch with friends from the past. I have one good friend I've known for about 20 years now. He's usually in bed earlier than I could call him, so telephone can be tough. Also, a post by either of us can cause a conversation we normally wouldn't pick up the phone for. He had his kitchen redone recently, so I commented on it. I've reconnected with a local high school friend and we periodically go out for lunch/dinner.

But I agree referring someone to one's FB post in real offline conversation is quite rude. As are TMI updates. There's one of those FB memes going on which is supposedly to raise awareness of breast cancer. You're supposed to answer where do you put your purse down when you first get home with "I like it in/on [insert place here]. But you're not supposed to say what the post is in reference to. I usually hang my off the bedroom chair, so my post would have been "I like it hanging off the bedroom chair." I didn't post it for the following reasons:

1) I don't see how that helps raise awareness of breast cancer

2) It's intended to come off as risque. I have a bunch of my relatives on facebook, including some kids ranging from 9-17. And I have business friends/acquaitances on there. I don't think it would show good judgment to post that

3) At the risk of being condemned a gender traitor, I don't like that, "hey let's keep it a secret from the guys and let it just be a girl type of thing."
October 06, 2010
KABA

KABA, those horrid updates made me squirm and itch like I had bugs crawling all over me! ARGH! bouncing and laughing

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent." -- Mel Lazarus
"Women who miscalculate are called mothers." -- Abigail Van Buren
"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." -- Chinese proverb
October 06, 2010
I got into the facebook games when I first started using facebook. I only play 2 regularly now, but since I'm big on helping and giving gifts I get a lot of recommendation friend requests. So, I have a lot of friends who I don't know outside of Mafia Wars or whatnot. The problem is that my old classmates have made facebook a more active classmates.com type setting, and I just can't remember who was my classmates and who was my game friends. Wish I had thought about grouping them when it all started sad smiley .

The bad part now is that my cousin just found out she's having a girl. So now I'm being flooded with the announcements from every member of the family updating their "friends" of the news. egad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
October 07, 2010
WaterLily
zatoth

When I'm playing Mafia Wars, I send gifts and updates about 'leveling up' so that my other mafia members can get the bonuses. This irks others on facebook who don't play those games. Poop on them.

:partay :biggrin2

i have several games i play where friends look for the bonuses and items-yoville, farmville, viking clan.
last weekend, i decided to organize my farmville space....about two hours in, it struck me that i have no life if i'm organizing digital trees. not that i stopped...
October 09, 2010
married with rabbits
What you can do if you play games and your non playing friends are annoyed is make a separate friend's list. When I publish my game related posts I select my list called 'not games' so that it blocks anyone who doesn't play from seeing. Unless you don't care and then have at it. winking smiley

it's facebook. if you're on it and getting annoyed by the game posts, then just use regular emails. facebook has become a social game arcade....
October 10, 2010
zatoth
married with rabbits
What you can do if you play games and your non playing friends are annoyed is make a separate friend's list. When I publish my game related posts I select my list called 'not games' so that it blocks anyone who doesn't play from seeing. Unless you don't care and then have at it. winking smiley
it's facebook. if you're on it and getting annoyed by the game posts, then just use regular emails. facebook has become a social game arcade....
marriedwithrabbits
Nah, some people may enjoy games but most of my friends are one there to keep in touch with one another, so I choose to keep my game posts for my game friends. It is customizable as far as privacy goes and I like that about it. I don't think any of them should be forced to accept Facebook as any other platform than a social networking site. It's not online bingo. You can just play bingo on there while you interact with others.

I have people that are on there for both reasons, but some don't play games at all, while the others play everything, and then some...
Interacting while playing is nice, too.

lab mom
October 11, 2010
I was just scanning through my facebook updates and the most repulsive thing was there. It seems one of the mooms on my friend list is going into labor and is posting updates using facebook mobile. If anyone cares, she's now 3cm dilated. And I'll spare you the pictures.

two faces puking

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login