Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:rolleyes2 Pukeworthy Facebook status

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
:rolleyes2 Pukeworthy Facebook status
October 17, 2010
Virtually every status update from one of my FB friends (someone who up until recently worked with and seems perfectly normal in person) is some crap about her sprog or being a moo.

This one takes the vomit trophy though...

I Have carried a baby in my body. I have comforted a baby on my chest. I have kissed boo-boos, been puked, peed on. Woke up to a hungry baby and stayed up all night with a sick baby, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Mybody isn't magazine perfect, but when I look in the ...mirror, I see a...Mum, and there is NO greater honor or blessing
Anonymous User
Re: :rolleyes2 Pukeworthy Facebook status
October 17, 2010
Wow, that is just sad and disgusting!!!two faces puking
Get a life of your own Moo!eye rolling smiley
October 17, 2010
Finnglas
Virtually every status update from one of my FB friends (someone who up until recently worked with and seems perfectly normal in person) is some crap about her sprog or being a moo.

This one takes the vomit trophy though...

I Have carried a baby in my body. I have comforted a baby on my chest. I have kissed boo-boos, been puked, peed on. Woke up to a hungry baby and stayed up all night with a sick baby, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Mybody isn't magazine perfect, but when I look in the ...mirror, I see a...Mum, and there is NO greater honor or blessing

And to that I say "yeah, whatever. I wonder what Dh is cooking? Smells good."

I know those parents think themselves unique, but they are really ubiquitous. They amplify the definition of herd mentality with those kinds of posts. Now, if they describe deer feeding in their back yard; barely seen as shadow figures because the moon has set and the sun is just a bar of light on the horizon; as I see out my window at this moment, then I'll say "cool! I wish I was there!"

Talking about kids or the rites of parenting is merely a "yeah, you and a million other people doing the same thing at this moment." Big whoop sleeping
Anonymous User
October 17, 2010
Dorisan
Talking about kids or the rites of parenting is merely a "yeah, you and a million other people doing the same thing at this moment." Big whoop sleeping

I agree. Those who act like it's some kind of accomplishment or honor to shit a loaf out must have done nothing else in their lives worth remembering. It is quite pathetic really.

After dealing with the condescending attitudes of Moos throughout the years, when someone asks me why I don't want children; I usually chime back "because I'm too intelligent and focused on my career." Moos love to demean the rest of us because they brought lyfe into this world and must be worshiped, then it can be returned right back at them. So many are such assholes.
October 17, 2010
Finnglas

Wow, don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. smile rolling left righteyes2
October 17, 2010
Yeah, Moo, thanks for being the mediocre muddle from which we who choose to be individuals distinguish ourselves. Now, go "save money" buying more useless crap for your kyd that it doesn't really need. That's a good Moo. *Pat, pat*
October 17, 2010
I can think of people who have had and deserve a greater honor or blessing, such as Timothy Stackpole. He was a firefighter who was badly burned in a fire in 1998 and despite being in the hospital for 2 months and years of subsequent recovery, managed to return to the FDNY in February 2001. Sadly, he was among those lost on 9/11. But think of the courage and guts he had, to go back to fighting fires after being hurt like that and all of the pain, energy and effort it took to get himself to the point where he could pass the physical. Think of all the lives he saved over his career. And Kathy Mazza of the Port Authority PD. She shot out glass to allow people to escape on 9/11. They estimate she may have saved hundreds of people's lives that day. She was last seen helping another officer carry a woman down the stairs on. She was instrumental in pushing the PAPD to acquire defibrillators and training PAPD officers and personnel in their use. I wonder how many lives she saved by doing that? She also had nursing EMT experience and had saved a number of people that way as well. Her bios don't mention kids, so she may have been CF.

Creating 1 life (or 2, etc. depending on how many a parent has) vs. saving the number of people emergency workers save over the course of their careers. How many lives do doctors, nurses and other medical personnel save? How about the research people who develop life saving vaccines & drugs?

I'm not anti-parent, as long as the person's a Parent Not Breeder, but parents like the one who posted that drivel need a perspective & reality check. If they do their job right, yes it is important. But for them to think that they are more deserving of blessings and honor than people like Mazza & Stackpole is idiotic. These 2 quotes stand out from Kathy Mazza's mother:

For her work, Kathy received the New York City Emergency Award. It wasn’t until they read it in the newspaper, however, that her family learned about the recognition. Her family didn’t know until recently too about the homeless man Kathy was helping, nor about the numerous times she would help her colleagues, when they had medical issues, by referring them to physicians she knew from her days as a nurse. "She just didn’t want praise for what she did," said her mom.

Why is it that people who contribute so much don't go around begging for recognition for it with Facebook posts, etc.? They just quietly do it. How many times have we heard a rescue worker interviewed and the person just says they were doing his/her job and/or praises other? Parenthood meanwhile, has all sorts of social approval and attention, a day is even set aside to honor mothers and fathers. Yet they still have to attention whore on their Facebook statuses for more approval, etc.

Mazza worked with the Port Authority 14 years. She was described as a person who rose to the position of Captain by demanding the best from herself and from others. "She had a hard exterior, but was so soft, so good inside," said Mazza.

Laughing, Rose Mazza recalls how following her daughter’s open heart surgery several years ago-a surgery that repaired a hole in her heart-her daughter asked the doctors for a picture of it. "She told them she wanted to hang it on the bulletin board in her office to prove she had heart," said Mazza. "She had such a good sense of humor."

I don't know if she was CF or childless, but I'm so sick of we women who don't have kids being perceived as harder or tougher for it. And we have to prove that we're human, approachable to breeder idiots. Particularly when someone is in a position like Mazza was. Her job required her to deal with life and death situations. Of course that's going to require the best from her and others around her, what's she supposed to do, let people slack off and then someone unnecessarily dies? Assholes who made comments about how she didn't have a heart were probably breeders who wanted to leave early for a ballgame or school play. WTF did they expect her to do/say, "sure you go ahead and leave early, if we're understaffed and something happens, don't worry about who might die." Certain professions/occupations require 24/7 coverage. My dad was in one. He missed some events, but we understood. He was there for what he could be there for. We scheduled holiday celebrations around his work schedule. Same for my stepmom, aunt & cousins who are nurses.
October 17, 2010
"I Have carried a baby in my body. I have comforted a baby on my chest. I have kissed boo-boos, been puked, peed on. Woke up to a hungry baby and stayed up all night with a sick baby, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Mybody isn't magazine perfect, but when I look in the ...mirror, I see a...Mum, and there is NO greater honor or blessing "

Sounds like rationalization as to why her body looks like shit. She is telling herself that she has forfeited not only her body, but her life for a noble cause. That's just a way of saying that she is special and worthy of praise and adoration from a worldwide audience of awestruck people. She is also mimimizing the societal contributions of NON mothers, which of course excludes fathers among multitudes of other people, when she claims that there is NO greater honor than shitting a loaf.eye rolling smiley

Women who use this type of moo-speak to pat themselves on the back NEVER cease to amaze me! Do they not realize that they are a dime a dozen and that NO ONE, expect perhaps they, even CARE that they squeezed out a baby? I have been told that I was "jealous" on SO MANY occasions throughout my life when I have voiced my opinion on this very thing. That makes no sense what so ever because in order for envy to occur, there HAS to be the presense of an inability of the envious one to get whatever it is they they are "jealous" about in the first place! I am POSITIVE that my baybee oven was in good repair throughout my 20's-30's and for all that I know, it may STILL be able to bake a bun at age 47!

If I wasn't convinced of that then I wouldn't continue to use birth control while waiting on my oven to put out an "out of order" sign! HOW can anyone be "jealous" of something that they could easily have done or can do themselves? They don't seem to have a problem understanding this concept in other areas of their lives, so why is this one so difficult for them to comprehend?confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 17, 2010
I've seen this. I just scroll on by. Some people have no other identity than being a moo, and that is really pathetic. These are the people you can't have an intelligent conversation with because they don't read, they don't keep up with world events, and they don't care about anything but their shitloaves. And what's ironic is, because they HAVE a kid is why they should care about what's happening in the world. I guess if they knew how shitty it was, though, they wouldn't have ever thought it was a good idea to bring another life into it that is going to either pollute it up or starve to death after all the crops dry up and Monsanto has successfully made sure that all seeds are sterile.
October 17, 2010
nokids4me
I can think of people who have had and deserve a greater honor or blessing, such as Timothy Stackpole. He was a firefighter who was badly burned in a fire in 1998 and despite being in the hospital for 2 months and years of subsequent recovery, managed to return to the FDNY in February 2001. Sadly, he was among those lost on 9/11. But think of the courage and guts he had, to go back to fighting fires after being hurt like that and all of the pain, energy and effort it took to get himself to the point where he could pass the physical. Think of all the lives he saved over his career. And Kathy Mazza of the Port Authority PD. She shot out glass to allow people to escape on 9/11. They estimate she may have saved hundreds of people's lives that day. She was last seen helping another officer carry a woman down the stairs on. She was instrumental in pushing the PAPD to acquire defibrillators and training PAPD officers and personnel in their use. I wonder how many lives she saved by doing that? She also had nursing EMT experience and had saved a number of people that way as well. Her bios don't mention kids, so she may have been CF.

Creating 1 life (or 2, etc. depending on how many a parent has) vs. saving the number of people emergency workers save over the course of their careers. How many lives do doctors, nurses and other medical personnel save? How about the research people who develop life saving vaccines & drugs?

I'm not anti-parent, as long as the person's a Parent Not Breeder, but parents like the one who posted that drivel need a perspective & reality check. If they do their job right, yes it is important. But for them to think that they are more deserving of blessings and honor than people like Mazza & Stackpole is idiotic.

don't forget these guys:

Let's Roll!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login