Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

She can't figure it out

Posted by annie35 
She can't figure it out
November 05, 2010
MIL is a mouth breathing, brabid moron. Any time her grandkid is within eye shot, She totally starts ignoring the person she is talking to. Her mouth starts tohang open, her eyes dilate and she starts talking in a high pitched voice. Many months ago the whole family was at out house for a get together. My husband was telling her about something really important that happened to him. When the kid came into the room, she started ignoring my husband and mouth breathing. Since that day we have pretty much ignored her. We chose to spend the holidays at home and away from her. SIL has also chose to spend the holidays away from her. She can't figure out why nobody wants to be around.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: She can't figure it out
November 05, 2010
Baby-rabies is an undiagnosed mental illness. If people started acting that fixated whenever they caught a glimpse of -- I don't know -- christmas lights or fire engines, they'd find themselves in a psychiatrist's office pretty fucking quickly.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
November 05, 2010

My husband was telling her about something really important that happened to him. When the kid came into the room, she started ignoring my husband and mouth breathing.

How fucking rude. Baby rabies or not, you don't start IGNORING someone in the middle of a dogdamn conversation. What a cow.
November 05, 2010
law1204

My husband was telling her about something really important that happened to him. When the kid came into the room, she started ignoring my husband and mouth breathing.

How fucking rude. Baby rabies or not, you don't start IGNORING someone in the middle of a dogdamn conversation. What a cow.

It made my husband mad. My BIL was telling me that every time MIL comes over, she pushes past him when he opens the door and goes directly to the kid. She never waits to be invited in, makes eye contact with him, or even says hello to him.

She admits that her every thought revolves around how she is going to get to see the kid more and spend more time with the kid.
We don't go around her at all. We don't answer the phone or emails.
We are much happier with her our of our lives.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login