Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duhddy Wikipedia author wants you to DONATE, dammit

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Duhddy Wikipedia author wants you to DONATE, dammit
December 04, 2010
Must people bring their darn jizz trophies into everything?!

I was looking up kosher foods to make dessert for my friend's Chanukah party and was greeted by one of those "personal appeal" banners on Wikipedia from "a Wikipedia author and a new father."

I followed the link to this piece 'a crap:

I started contributing to Wikipedia because it was fun. Because I was passionate about a few subjects, and I wanted to share what I knew. But that's not why I stuck around.
I stuck around because of the mission: "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment."

My son is a year old now. And that's the world I want him to grow up in. We have a long way to go before the sum of all knowledge is free for everyone to share. Please donate - keep Wikipedia free and help it grow.

Sage

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Why must they bring the almighty baybee into everything? It boggles the mind (but I did find out that I could make some cute little cupcakes, thank goodness)!
Re: Duhddy Wikipedia author wants you to DONATE, dammit
December 04, 2010
If he takes "donations", then it isn't "free" then is it? If it's that same guy who has his pic plastered on the top of the wiki page, then isn't he a bit old to have sprogged his first set? I'm gonna go to wikipedia now and look HIM up. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if THIS loaf is the beginning of his second set to round out a hodge podge famblee with, "one of our own".Duh with bratsd

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 04, 2010
Kidlesskim, I saw the banner this morning, too, but I didn't bother clicking on it because I didn't want to make myself ill first thing in the morning. I'm pretty sure that it is one of the contributors and not the founder.

I haven't been bothered by the requests for donations until I saw that today. This kind of message is becoming more and more prevalent, and it pisses me off to no end. Ugh! angry smiley
December 04, 2010
I looked and he(founder-Wales)isn't the beggar in question and only has one older kyd. As for his "commitment" statement regarding people freely exchanging information, that's been going on since Moby Dick was a minnow and has NOTHING to do with his stupid kyd and the world that he grows up in. He will grow up in the exact same world that we ALL have and information-idea exchanges will remain free for as long as people communicate. I fail to see why he thinks that we have a "long way to go" before people can share the "sum of all knowledge" for free. There's always MILLIONS of internet sources, public libraries across the world, and then there's the billions(and growing) of people on the Earth who could just actually talk to one another too.eye rolling smiley

I hate the way that he makes it sounds like that up until wikipedia, which btw is NOT the most accurate and/or complete source of information on many many subjects, that no one knew anything or was able to find out either.face saying 'error'

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 04, 2010
Do your little offspring a favor and BUY him a real set of encyclopedia. smile rolling left righteyes2 You can always save up for some spanking new stereo system LATER ON!

Besides, I have heard that Wikipedia may not always be 100% accurate, especially since everyone are always rewriting the stuff. eye rolling smiley
December 05, 2010
Gawd, do people have no shred of dignity anymore? (Don't bother to answer that...) eye rolling smiley
December 05, 2010
kidlesskim
since Moby Dick was a minnow

bouncing and laughing
December 05, 2010
And BTW, the duh looks a little young to be a DUH, too!

Maybe he should finish high school first and not rely on Wikipedia for education???
December 06, 2010
Ha, Wikipedia is completely banned as a use-able source for college papers.
I know it was back when I was at the community college - and at Southern Miss too, as it should be.

I always use it as a starting point and check the references down at the bottom for better info. tongue sticking out smiley

Also, I am totally going to start using "since Moby Dick was a minnow" in all my conversations now. Thanks Kim!! spewing water due to laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login