Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Craigslist rant: Idaho is too family friendly!

Posted by Sorceress 
Craigslist rant: Idaho is too family friendly!
December 06, 2010
Found this gem today:

I've noticed that not only me, but quite a number of my peers are finding it difficult to find something to do. At the moment, there is no place for people of my age group (being 18 - 20) to go to and share something of interest. I mean there's the hooka bars, sure, but after a while that gets expensive. Other's have told me to meet people at the YMCA. I stopped going there when I grew a pair.

I've been trying for a couple years to find a place where I can go to sit down, have something to drink, and share an intellectually stimulating conversation with someone or a group of people.

It seems to be rather common to find places where small children and their parents hang out, or somewhere sleazy like a hookah bar or strip club. (On a side note, hookah bars wouldn't seem as sleazy if they played something other then new / remixed hip hop.)

Either all of this, or there is in fact a place where people do as I described earlier and I have yet to find it.

The responses were interesting. No one attacked him/her about the 'family friendly' comment. As usual, the kneejerk redneck response was, "if you don't like it here, get the fuck out!"
Re: Craigslist rant: Idaho is too family friendly!
December 06, 2010
I don't really know where he can "go and drink" since he's underage, but I find it hard to believe that there's NOTHING for the 18-20 crowd to do, even in Idaho, besides go to the YMCA or a bar. This one doesn't sound very imaginative to me because I had NO SHORTAGE of things to go and do with friends at that age. However, when I was 18 the legal drinking age in my state was only 19 and easy to "pass" and Florida was only a 3 hour drive away and it's legal age was 18. I suppose that could have made a difference.:drkbddy

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 07, 2010
I'm sure that Idaho is Breeder Central but it also has some of the most beautiful landscape to be found in the U.S. For sure I could find things to do! And I'll bet the nights are spectacular for star gazing.
December 07, 2010
What, there are no Denny's in Idaho? smile rolling left rightsmile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login