Happy Anna-versary...choo-choo!

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
Happy Anna-versary...choo-choo!
January 07, 2011
Still no word on the condition of the iPod

Vigil held for girl a year after she was killed by train
14-year-old was struck along tracks in Middle River
January 05, 2011|By Michael Dresser, The Baltimore Sun

Tara Stickel and her family gathered with friends in Middle River last night for a candlelight vigil to remember her 14-year-old daughter, Anna Marie, who died a year ago when she was struck by an Amtrak train as she walked along the tracks.

Trains rumbled by in the background as about 200 people, many of them Anna's school friends, gathered along Orems Road, not far from the site of the Jan. 5, 2010, accident. The teenager had been walking along the tracks, which were frequently used as a shortcut by local students, without authorization; she was unable to get out of the way of a train that came up behind her.

Anna's mother says little has been done over the past year to secure the tracks and prevent a recurrence. After the incident, she lobbied public officials and Amtrak for construction of a pedestrian bridge across the tracks.
Re: Happy Anna-versary...choo-choo!
January 07, 2011
Oh those ebil trainz. They taken the teenz again. smile rolling left righteyes2

Srsly. We are devolving as a species. I weep for the fyyyyooture.

lab mom
January 07, 2011
WHOA WHOA WHOA! Now these jackasses are admitting to the fact that the trains *RUMBLE* by?! I thought they were adamantly insisting that these trains made no noise whatsoever - that they were effectively ninja-trains! Ohhh, how the truth comes out. Now we just have to hear them admit the whole thing happened due to Anna's stupidity. I'm not holding my breath, though... smile rolling left righteyes2
January 07, 2011
Oh, but the trains that rumbled by were just regular trains. The one that plowed over Anna Marie was clearly a ninja-train...probably controlled by aliens, which is why she could not hear or feel it. Just like how alleged UFOs can sneak up on people and not make a sound despite being enormous metal machines.

Well, I said it before...the dumb bitch deserved it. She was trespassing and cutting class, so she likely would have grown up to be a welfare leech. I'd like to write a letter to Amtrak thanking them for taking her out of the gene pool before she bred.
January 08, 2011
Cambion
Oh, but the trains that rumbled by were just regular trains. The one that plowed over Anna Marie was clearly a ninja-train...probably controlled by aliens, which is why she could not hear or feel it. Just like how alleged UFOs can sneak up on people and not make a sound despite being enormous metal machines.

Well, I said it before...the dumb bitch deserved it. She was trespassing and cutting class, so she likely would have grown up to be a welfare leech. I'd like to write a letter to Amtrak thanking them for taking her out of the gene pool before she bred.

Ah, don't forget that the aliens driving that ninja-train were probably hired by Bigfoot, who got the idea from a wizard! It's the only explanation that makes any sense AT ALL!

But really, you're right: Dumb bitch deserved it.
January 08, 2011
Aesirson
WHOA WHOA WHOA! Now these jackasses are admitting to the fact that the trains *RUMBLE* by?!

Where do they admit that? I can't find it in the article mentioned in the OP.

Please point out where it says that they admit the train "rumbles".

Thank you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
January 08, 2011

I think I love you, Miss Hannigan tongue sticking out smiley

I hate the thought of someone getting hit by a train, but at least she wasn't hit by a European TGV train. An Amtrak train mercifully leaves something to be collected by emergency response personnel. A 175+mph TGV would've reduced the poor girl to a cloudy, rose colored mist.
January 08, 2011
I hope this stupidity has kept the other idiot kids from walking on the railroad tracks, but I bet it hasn't. The "universe" sends a message like this to clue people in, but they will still ignore it and think it won't happen to them. Oh, how many more innocent bayybees will be killed before they get a fucking clue?
January 08, 2011
SlumSlut
Aesirson
WHOA WHOA WHOA! Now these jackasses are admitting to the fact that the trains *RUMBLE* by?!

Thank you.

First line of the second paragraph, it says: "Trains rumbled by in the background..."
January 08, 2011
Miss_Hannigan

Vigil held for girl a year after she was killed by train
14-year-old was struck along tracks in Middle River
January 05, 2011|By Michael Dresser, The Baltimore Sun

Tara Stickel and her family gathered with friends in Middle River last night for a candlelight vigil to remember her 14-year-old daughter, Anna Marie, who died a year ago when she was struck by an Amtrak train as she walked along the tracks.

Trains rumbled by in the background as about 200 people, many of them Anna's school friends, gathered along Orems Road, not far from the site of the Jan. 5, 2010, accident. The teenager had been walking along the tracks, which were frequently used as a shortcut by local students, without authorization; she was unable to get out of the way of a train that came up behind her.

Anna's mother says little has been done over the past year to secure the tracks and prevent a recurrence. After the incident, she lobbied public officials and Amtrak for construction of a pedestrian bridge across the tracks.

so, let me get this straight-your daughter is trespassing on railroad tracks and does not get out of the way of a rumbling, earth shaking train as it is coming up the tracks and it is someone else's responsibility to "secure" the site? i'm guessing if amtrak raised fares and fees and built a fence along their tracks (which would more than likely impede servicing to keep the tracks safe) and some kid clambered over the fence and got struck, you'd be complaining a) there wasn't anything to keep the kid from climbing over the fence, and b) the fence impeded the poor dear's ability to get away from the train. and then if amtrak puts barbed wire on the fence, then you'd be crying a poor child got sliced and diced while "only trying to get to school". this is typical of the entitled mind set-everybody else has to adjust to them without them putting effort into the formula. it's your job as a parent to teach your kids not to do stupid things-not society's job to bubble wrap itself.
January 08, 2011
Aesirson
SlumSlut
Aesirson

Thank you.

First line of the second paragraph, it says: "Trains rumbled by in the background..."

Oh i see it! Thanks.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

January 08, 2011
I am trying to figure out if the girl was killed during the commission of a crime, which trespassing clearly is, then why all of the blaming of the owners of the property and the making light of her criminal act with the "everybody does it" logic? I fail to see how anyone can "secure" a fucking train track and I'd like to see some statistics on "accidents" that occur anyway regardless of what safety measures are already in place like with our boiled alive Pacific Islander on another thread. Are we to issue bullet proof vests to bank robbers so that they won't be killed by a security guard during the commission of their crimes?saying 'wtf'

How about government air bags installed into older model cars so that repeat drunk drivers won't get killed while they speed up and down the roadways? How about mandatory safety net installation around the perimeter of upper story office buildings so that burglars escaping capture while fleeing the scene won't be injured? Teeth and claw removal from zoo animals so that when tardlee crawls over the wild animal enclosures he can remain unharmed? NONE of what I have suggested is any more RIDICULOUS than each and every time one of their stupid kyds breaks a law or rule and gets hurt or killed they SCREAM and piss and moan for extraordinary measures to be taken on the part of the owners-operators of said property.confused smiley

How about they teach their kyds to keep their paws to themselves and stay the FUCK off of other peoples' property and stop breaking the law? The blame needs to be placed squarely where it should go which is ON the parents and their stupid kyds.:sbx

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
GeenaG
January 08, 2011
I don't think the dumb kid would have used a bridge even if it was already there, I can't imagine most teenagers doing so because it wouldn't be cool to use it.
January 08, 2011
kidlesskim

How about government air bags installed into older model cars so that repeat drunk drivers won't get killed while they speed up and down the roadways? How about mandatory safety net installation around the perimeter of upper story office buildings so that burglars escaping capture while fleeing the scene won't be injured? Teeth and claw removal from zoo animals so that when tardlee crawls over the wild animal enclosures he can remain unharmed? NONE of what I have suggested is any more RIDICULOUS than each and every time one of their stupid kyds breaks a law or rule and gets hurt or killed they SCREAM and piss and moan for extraordinary measures to be taken on the part of the owners-operators of said property.confused smiley

How about electric fences to keep them off the train tracks, and a regular fence to protect them from getting electrocuted on the electric fence, and a moat to keep them from falling off the regular fence when they try to climb it, and a bridge over the moat so they don't drown when they try to swim across the moat....

I could do this all day.

January 08, 2011
SlumSlut
kidlesskim

How about electric fences to keep them off the train tracks, and a regular fence to protect them from getting electrocuted on the electric fence, and a moat to keep them from falling off the regular fence when they try to climb it, and a bridge over the moat so they don't drown when they try to swim across the moat....

I could do this all day.

waving hellolarious

...and a lifeguard on standby for when they fell into the mote and an EMS tech on guard near each and every train track and a law that says that the train conductor has to literally stop at ALL known "shortcuts" and personally inspect the area within a 500 yard radius before proceeding.................How about just installing cameras at all of these known "shortcuts" near train tracks and hauling EACH and every little bastard in on each count of trespassing and start handing out hefty fines and time in the juvie pen for repeat offenders? They would have 3 choices. 1)Death by train 2)Criminal record or 3)STAY THE FUCK off of train tracks. How HARD can it be to NOT get run over by a fucking train?cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
January 08, 2011
SA-MAK! No doubt her mouth breathing ffan club will be back.

we miss u baybee gurl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 08, 2011
kidlesskim
SlumSlut
kidlesskim

I could do this all day.

waving hellolarious

...and a lifeguard on standby for when they fell into the mote and an EMS tech on guard near each and every train track and a law that says that the train conductor has to literally stop at ALL known "shortcuts" and personally inspect the area within a 500 yard radius before proceeding.................How about just installing cameras at all of these known "shortcuts" near train tracks and hauling EACH and every little bastard in on each count of trespassing and start handing out hefty fines and time in the juvie pen for repeat offenders? They would have 3 choices. 1)Death by train 2)Criminal record or 3)STAY THE FUCK off of train tracks. How HARD can it be to NOT get run over by a fucking train?cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

the parents will be screaming at the injustice of their brats being put in jail "just for crossing train tracks". and you know it that these kids won't use a bridge over the tracks-"OH MY GAWD! It takes another FIVE MINUTES just to use the bridge! This is SOOOO STOOPID!"
January 08, 2011
Oh my Goddess! Why? In this case, the only thing this memorial could be is a memorial to stupidity. Sorry but she was just stupid for walking by a train track with her iPod turned up full-blast. Sad, but it was still stupidity.
January 08, 2011
Kim
...and an EMS tech on guard near each and every train track

*ouch* That would mean putting folks like our own dear Tom on site. I wouldn't want to see those fine folks wasting their time; they'll soon be cleaning up the messes anyway sad smiley
January 08, 2011
Dorisan
Kim
...and an EMS tech on guard near each and every train track

*ouch* That would mean putting folks like our own dear Tom on site. I wouldn't want to see those fine folks wasting their time; they'll soon be cleaning up the messes anyway sad smiley

It wouldn't make any difference if The Queen of England herself was manning the tracks because they will STILL walk on out in front of the train anyway. They don't pay attention to fences, guard rails, drop down barriers, warning signs, the sound of it's rumble, the sight of it approaching, the knowledge that it approaches on a regular basis and about when that is, to the flashing lights, or to BASIC common sense that just squeals out to them, 'STAY OFF THE TRAIN TRACKS!" So, I seriously doubt that ANY extraordinary "safety" measures would do one iota of good. Stupid is as stupid does and "death by train" is one of THE most stupid ways to die. For someone to have died in that manner they would have had to have been beaten half to death with a stupid stick.:drool

Has anyone noticed how the MORE stupid a kyd's death is that the more it's memorialized and the moos keep holding all of these yearly vigils and whatnot until the kyd would have been 30 or until they die too? When someone dies "regular" their funeral is usually the last time much of anything is said about them publicly.confused smiley I'd think that the shame of siring such an idiot would be enough reason to want to kind of keep it quiet, instead of dredging it up over and over and over.....but then I am not a stupid moo either.

January 08, 2011
Drat, I was hoping that the article would include one of the attendees getting flattened by a train while holding a candle.

All Hail the Ninja Train.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Anonymous User
January 08, 2011
Of course it is terrible that this girl died, but... oh, my God, how completely stupid to walk on train-tracks whilst wearing headphones. Wow....

In the past, I have crossed train-tracks on foot-- just once, actually. There was a river on the other side that my sister wanted to see, and I tagged along. We found the safest part to cross, looked around carefully and then bolted like paranoid meerkats, whilst making sure that our shoes did not get stuck anywhere.

There is seriously no reason on this Earth to ever be hit by a train. It must be the easiest death to avoid.

Anyway, what is the point of holding a vigil? It does not make any sense! It may sound harsh, but the kid is GONE, and she is gone because she did something really, really idiotic. You cannot build fences everywhere and completely sanitize the world; foolish people of all ages will continue to get themselves killed. They always find a way, regardless of flashing lights, signs covered in warnings, and high fences. Depend upon it.

There is nothing left to do in this case and nobody to blame but the girl, for failing to use common sense. It is just the truth.
January 09, 2011
It's been a YEAR since the epic thread already?! WOW. I still don't give a flying fuck about the little bitch. She fawt duh law n' na...LAW wun! Sure made for a fun thread run, however.
January 09, 2011
Seacreature
It's been a YEAR since the epic thread already?! WOW. I still don't give a flying fuck about the little bitch. She fawt duh law n' na...LAW wun! Sure made for a fun thread run, however.

actually, she thought if she did not listen to the train, it didn't exist...
Anonymous User
January 09, 2011
kidlesskim
SlumSlut
kidlesskim

I could do this all day.

waving hellolarious

Don't forget to add sharks and gators swimming around the moat unless teens wants to become their munchies. grinning smiley Add the laser beams as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login