Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

eHell tidbit: Thank-you cards "so difficult" for moo and spawn

Posted by Melanie 
eHell tidbit: Thank-you cards "so difficult" for moo and spawn
January 12, 2011
This is a minor but typical issue.

Moo and spawn have no problem receiving the largesse of many, from baby showers to birthday and holiday gifts. But here we have a moo saying that sending individual thank-you notes for gifts to herself, her husband and her litter becomes "...so difficult..."

Thank-you notes and children.

I'm not suggesting that an infant really crank out six separate notes; it seems to me a single thank-you per giver for the non-verbal kids would suffice -- it's more the put-upon attitude that is annoying. I'm sure she could write out 18 notes in the time it took just ONE giver of all of the handouts she's received since her first INPIG moment to shop for, wrap and deliver a gift.

And of course the fellow moos are jumping right in with suggestions on how to cut corners on the dreaded thank-you-note task.
Re: eHell tidbit: Thank-you cards "so difficult" for moo and spawn
January 12, 2011
Oh please. It isn't like she's going to work or anything. She's staying home playing house, watching soaps, uploading poop pics on Facebook, and whining on Trumom confessions about how haaaarrrdd her life is. And telling the Duh when he gets home to make his own dinner because she's soooo tiiiiirrrreed after watching the kid(s) all day. The REAL problem is probably that Moo is barely literate and has trouble spelling her own name. After all, who needs all the book larnin' when you are going to be a MOTHER, after all.
January 12, 2011
Melanie

Moo and spawn have no problem receiving the largesse of many, from baby showers to birthday and holiday gifts. But here we have a moo saying that sending individual thank-you notes for gifts to herself, her husband and her litter becomes "...so difficult..."

I'm not suggesting that an infant really crank out six separate notes; it seems to me a single thank-you per giver for the non-verbal kids would suffice -- it's more the put-upon attitude that is annoying. I'm sure she could write out 18 notes in the time it took just ONE giver of all of the handouts she's received since her first INPIG moment to shop for, wrap and deliver a gift.

And of course the fellow moos are jumping right in with suggestions on how to cut corners on the dreaded thank-you-note task.

how fucking hard is it:

1. you go buy a bunch of cards with a thank you message already printed in it-something like "we really thank you for your generosity and kindness on my special day"

2. you sign your name

3. you write the address on the envelope

4. you put card in envelope and seal (preferably with a envelope moistener because if you have a child, you probably have about ten cold viruses living in your spit at any given time)

5. you put on stamps and toss in mail box
January 12, 2011
Oh noez, how dare those selfish people want a bizzy Mawm to take time out of her bizzy schedule to write their greedy asses a thank-you note for those crummy "gifts" they sent...which were expected?

Yes, writing thank-you notes may take a while if you have to write them to a lot of people, but really...someone gives you something, you thank them. That's just common courtesy. The fact that these alleged deities of etiquette are explaining how to cut corners on being polite shows just what a bunch of hypocritical bitches they all are.
January 12, 2011
zatoth
Melanie

how fucking hard is it:

1. you go buy a bunch of cards with a thank you message already printed in it-something like "we really thank you for your generosity and kindness on my special day"

2. you sign your name

4. you put card in envelope and seal (preferably with a envelope moistener because if you have a child, you probably have about ten cold viruses living in your spit at any given time)

Even easier if you have all your addresses stored in the computer - print off address labels in some cyoot kiddie font. Have your signature made into a stamp. Stamp, peel, stick, seal with an address label with your own address. Done.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
January 12, 2011
Blech. It's getting to the point where I just cannot read most of the drek over there. It's more like an encounter group with blathering and whining about dysfunctional bullshit and more whining rather than real etiquette. Ask Melanie how they just love to put the kabosh on real etiquette discussion and dismiss any rudeness when it suit them (meaning when a brat or baybee is involved.)
January 12, 2011
Cambion
Oh noez, how dare those selfish people want a bizzy Mawm to take time out of her bizzy schedule to write their greedy asses a thank-you note for those crummy "gifts" they sent...which were expected?

Yes, writing thank-you notes may take a while if you have to write them to a lot of people, but really...someone gives you something, you thank them. That's just common courtesy. The fact that these alleged deities of etiquette are explaining how to cut corners on being polite shows just what a bunch of hypocritical bitches they all are.

Agreed! Maybe if they don't think they should send thank-you's, maybe their supposed "loved" ones should take that as a cue to stop sending gifts. Then again, I'm sure that would start a whole new line of bitching and moaning. "Ohhhhh, they didn't send me a gift again! Nevermind that I long ago stopped thanking for gifts in the past! I mean, they're SUPPOSED to send those whether I thank them or not! Don't they understand that I have no time for things like courtesy and kindness? I'm a MAWWWWWM, after all!"
January 12, 2011
What's "difficult" about the fact that the 4-year-old signs a card to each guest, the Moo also signs a card to each guest, and the Duh also signs a card to each guest? Why don't they just all add a paragraph to each card, if it's so "difficult"? It's not like she's doing all the work herself. I don't get it - is she talking about coordinating their cards as being "difficult"?

I think she's just being difficult!
January 13, 2011
I don't understand why this actually requires asking people questions. Is she just bragging about how they were sent money?

It's simple:
  • kid is too young to write = mom or dad can thank on behalf of the child
  • kid can write a bit = let the kid scrawl something at the bottom of mom or dad's letter
  • kid can write = kid writes own thank-you

Amazingly simple.

And if she really wants to she could stick all the cards/letters going to a single recipient into one envelope, and she could also save money by writing letters, instead of using cards (writing paper is cheap). I'm sure she doesn't want to do that, though, because when you write a letter you have to put in a bit of effort in order to fill much more space, whereas with a card you can just scribble a paragraph in big sloppy handwriting.
January 13, 2011
Yeah, eHell used to be at least 50 percent discussion of true etiquette, protocol and decorum issues -- now it's just a support group for insecure, dysfunctional and super-PC moos and wackos, as Dingo said.

Re the thank-you note question, now a moo is on there saying that multiple thank-you notes from one family would be a "waste of paper." Hmmm. I guess the wrapping paper for all of the bounty they receive, in addition to the fossil fuels used to manufacture and transport them, and all of the other time, money and materials resources poured into presents for breeders and spawn are NOT a waste, though, right?

Baby shower invitations are not a waste of paper, nor are baby announcements, printed-out ultrasound pix, bullshit cardboard stork lawn ornaments, nor the entire forests of paper used in creating disposable diapers and then the vast resources the spawn use as they grow -- oh no, none of those items are "wasteful." Only the thank-you notes to people who have exerted themselves to bestow gifts on the spawn and bizzy mawms.
January 13, 2011
Melanie
Yeah, eHell used to be at least 50 percent discussion of true etiquette, protocol and decorum issues -- now it's just a support group for insecure, dysfunctional and super-PC moos and wackos, as Dingo said.

Re the thank-you note question, now a moo is on there saying that multiple thank-you notes from one family would be a "waste of paper." Hmmm. I guess the wrapping paper for all of the bounty they receive, in addition to the fossil fuels used to manufacture and transport them, and all of the other time, money and materials resources poured into presents for breeders and spawn are NOT a waste, though, right?

Baby shower invitations are not a waste of paper, nor are baby announcements, printed-out ultrasound pix, bullshit cardboard stork lawn ornaments, nor the entire forests of paper used in creating disposable diapers and then the vast resources the spawn use as they grow -- oh no, none of those items are "wasteful." Only the thank-you notes to people who have exerted themselves to bestow gifts on the spawn and bizzy mawms.

These are all good points. Perhaps, in their infinite green wisdom, they could start a trend by writing thank you notes on the back of the wrapping paper that contained the gift. They could also reuse the envelope that money gifts came in and stick the note in there and when possible just hand it back to the gift giver. All of this sudden interest in being wasteful and whatnot is a crock of shit, as evidenced by the sheer UNgreen act itself of loaf shitting, the diapers filling landfills, and the SMooV's necessary to haul the little bastards around in, among many other things. I seriously doubt that in light of all of that a few pieces of paper used to hand write a thank you note would make much of a dent in global warming in comparison.

They are just ungrateful and lazy as hell and are using anything within their grasp as an excuse.:BS Why not instead say, "No gifts please! It's wasteful to buy and send and therefore harmful to the planet. A verbal congratulations is appreciated much much more!"bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
January 13, 2011
Yeah, they did not mind the waste when it was gifts bestowed on them.

I think I would be knocking them off my gifting list completely. They will get a letter saying that a monetary gift was bestowed to my favorite charity in their name instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
January 13, 2011
kidlesskim
Why not instead say, "No gifts please! It's wasteful to buy and send and therefore harmful to the planet. A verbal congratulations is appreciated much much more!"bouncing and laughing

lmao! That day the greedy breeder moos perform THAT selfless act is the day all of us on here simultaneously give birth to triplets! :bayybee :bayybee :bayybee

smile rolling left righteyes2
January 13, 2011
Yeah. So sad that bizzy moo might have to take the time to thank someone for giving her or her idiot spawn prezzies. I'm surprised thank you cards still exist. To judge by moodom they are scarcely used.
January 13, 2011
Also, she apparently has time to rant about it online and keep her nose in her computer looking for replies affirming her nonsense. If she took each chunk of time she spent looking online for her little moocronies advice and lowing and instead spent it on writing thank yous, she'd have it done!

It's your hell; you rot in it!
January 13, 2011
In light of Melanie's holiday snippet, apparently sending cards out isn't too much to ask of a bizzy Moo since they love to send out invites to their gift grab showers, and Xmas cards of their stupid fucking famblees complete with ultrasounds of their latest pregnasty. They can organize and send out cards. Forget it if you want the cards to be about anything but THEM.
zatoth

how fucking hard is it:

2. you sign your name

Ah, but Zatoth, you forget we're dealing with a SAHMoo here, which means 5 steps will be 4 steps too many.
January 13, 2011
I wonder how many steps it takes a Moo to blog about how her friends need to bring her greek salad, a garbage can with a lid, a pile of new black underwear, and to sneak in and clean her house unannounced without disturbing her with tiresome formalities like small talk and greetings. Does all *that" at least warrant a thank you card??? Dare I say, I doubt it?
January 13, 2011
Yeah, no shit. They are waaaay too busy to write a goddamned thank you note, but have all this time to moan and complain about having to write them online.... smile rolling left righteyes2

Lazy sows.
January 13, 2011
law1204
I wonder how many steps it takes a Moo to blog about how her friends need to bring her greek salad, a garbage can with a lid, a pile of new black underwear, and to sneak in and clean her house unannounced without disturbing her with tiresome formalities like small talk and greetings. Does all *that" at least warrant a thank you card??? Dare I say, I doubt it?

THIS. (That black underwear comment never gets old)
January 13, 2011
Miss_Hannigan
law1204

THIS. (That black underwear comment never gets old)

It's the comment that keeps on giving! Dog help me but I never get tired of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login