Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From the mouths of breeders

Posted by yurble 
From the mouths of breeders
February 02, 2011
We already have a thread for our own lovely CF vocabulary, but sometimes, in the pursuit of making fun of breeders, it is necessary to understand their lingo. TTC, CIO, DTD, BD, GD, EC - it makes about as much sense as the driving need some breeders have to post a photo on Facebook of a bowl of alphabet soup which has been vomited on the floor by their toadler. So perhaps we could define some breederisms in one thread, so that we have one place to point people. I believe this was suggested earlier in our CF vocabulary thread as well.

This post was triggered by an article I read recently in the hopes of finding interesting material. It was an interview with the founder of Mumsnet, but she turned out to be surprisingly reasonable: "We have the highest-profile voice for women online. People who aren't mothers probably think: 'Hang on, that doesn't represent me at all.' I wish there were other voices out there that got as much profile as us." There just wasn't much material to work with.

But I did have to laugh at one of their terms: 'norks'. It means breasts, and comes from Australian slang, "where the prominent udders on a cow advertised Norco, the North Coast Dairy Co-operative." Straight from the mouths of moos: comparing lactating breasts and udders is kyoot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login