Advanced

No employment for you, COW

Posted by Rose Red 
No employment for you, COW
January 28, 2011
Okla. official questions hiring pregnant woman
Buzz up!0 votes Share
retweet
EmailPrint..By MURRAY EVANS, Associated Press Murray Evans, Associated Press – Thu Jan 27, 10:23 pm ET
OKLAHOMA CITY – A member of Oklahoma's Board of Education drew heated reaction Thursday after saying a newly hired administrator would be "worthless" as a legislative liaison if she took immediate maternity leave.

Shortly after the board voted to hire Jessica Russell, who is due to give birth in April, former state Sen. Herb Rozell noted that she was pregnant and questioned whether she would be around for key days of the upcoming legislative session.

Russell was hired to represent the state Department of Education's interests at the Capitol. The Oklahoma Legislature reconvenes Feb. 7 and must end its business by May 27.

"If she has that baby in April and takes off six weeks, she's worthless to us," Rozell said.

While there was some laughter in the room, state schools Superintendent Janet Barresi rebuked Rozell and ordered a 10-minute recess. Russell left the room in tears.

"Your comment is inappropriate and not worthy of this board and this department," Barresi said.
After the meeting, Rozell said his words came out wrong.

"I didn't mean to interfere. I was just hoping we could have her in April and May, because that's when everything gets tied up," he said.

Gov. Mary Fallin called Rozell's remark "demeaning" and "disgusting," while Sen. Clark Jolley and Sen. John Ford called for Rozell to resign. Jolley said Rozell's comment was "archaic, misogynistic and deplorable."

Rozell didn't immediately return a phone message seeking comment about calls for his resignation. Oklahoma has about 660,000 students in its public education system.
Anonymous User
Re: No employment for you, COW
January 28, 2011
All the FMLA, discrimination stuff aside, Rozell is correct. I mean, employers don't look to highly on new hires requesting vacation, I don't see why this is different. Especially since, as they said, she'll be out during crucial business events.
January 28, 2011
He only said EXACTLY what most everyone is thinking, but can't say due to legal issues surrounding political correctness. Inpig moos who get a job or elected to something who then nearly immediately go off on at LEAST a 6 week vacation ARE worthless to their employers, customers, or constituents. ANYONE who was a new hire and then took off for 6 weeks would be worthless to the employer. If we were talking about a scheduled vacation OR an unforeseen event like tragic accident, they would STILL be "worthless" to their employer for that time period and beyond. They are just making a big fucking deal about it because it has to do with an inpig with a new life growing in the hole or whatever.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
January 28, 2011
Why would they even pick her for the job if she won't be there to do the most important part of it? Even if she was the most qualified it won't really be helping them if she's at home with a loaf during a time when important decisions are being made.

Do women HAVE to take maternity leave? What does her husband do, or does she have other family who can watch it? I know it's probably not the greatest situation for infants to be away from their mothers, but that's why you can't pursue a really good career AND shit out loaves.

I love how the article mentions that there was "some laughter in the room," yet once Rozell is reprimanded everyone else there suddenly takes on a 'shame on you!' attitude.
January 28, 2011
Cry me a damn river. Bullshit like this is why I am starting my own company so I can hire who I want and if they do not perform to my standards then they are gone.

Only a fool would hire an obviously pregnant woman...
January 28, 2011
In Canada, the paid maternity leave is a year and their job is held for them.
I have been in several workplaces where a new hire was already pregnant but not showing or got knocked up immediately.

I think the work around is to to have the employment contract specify important conditions.

" New employee MUST be available fulltime in the busiest months of April and May"
" New employee MUST be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted."
" New employee MUST work 10 months with less than 10 days off work to be eligible for vacation, pay-upgrades, etc"
January 28, 2011
kidlesskim
He only said EXACTLY what most everyone is thinking, but can't say due to legal issues surrounding political correctness. Inpig moos who get a job or elected to something who then nearly immediately go off on at LEAST a 6 week vacation ARE worthless to their employers, customers, or constituents. ANYONE who was a new hire and then took off for 6 weeks would be worthless to the employer. If we were talking about a scheduled vacation OR an unforeseen event like tragic accident, they would STILL be "worthless" to their employer for that time period and beyond. They are just making a big fucking deal about it because it has to do with an inpig with a new life growing in the hole or whatever.eye rolling smiley

You hit the nail on the head, Kim. I applaud this guy for saying what everyone else was too cowardly to say. And also, the woman left the room in tears?! Well, I guess sometimes the truth really does hurt, huh?
January 28, 2011
It is true. If she is going to be out during most of the decision making period, then she is worthless to them. Doesn't matter why she will be absent, if she is not at work during critical timeframes, what good is she? Why hire someone who won't be there within a month of being hired, but will gladly take and cash the checks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
January 28, 2011
cassia

No way!!! That's insane!!!!! When I had my hysterectomy, I only took 2 weeks off. I can't believe these moos need more than a few weeks at most. But a year?!!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
January 28, 2011
Christhead
I love how the article mentions that there was "some laughter in the room," yet once Rozell is reprimanded everyone else there suddenly takes on a 'shame on you!' attitude.
THIS is the real problem. People have got to stand up and stick together for what is right. It is the worst when they not only do not speak up but actually go along with what they know is wrong, turning on the person who speaks what everyone is thinking and knows is the truth. That is such a cowardly, shameful thing to do. It happens all the time in groups.
January 28, 2011
This, this, and this. In other words, what everyone else has already said. He didn't say she is a worthless piece of shit. He said she would be worthless to them. Why do moos think they are the Gods' gift to everyone and are intrinsically worthy to everyone just by virtue of having a parasite growing in them.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
January 28, 2011
Aesirson
kidlesskim

You hit the nail on the head, Kim. I applaud this guy for saying what everyone else was too cowardly to say. And also, the woman left the room in tears?! Well, I guess sometimes the truth really does hurt, huh?

Yep. About 20 years ago, even before INPIGNESS was as venerated as it is now, the office of a Fortune 500 co. I worked at needed a new receptionist. The other admin were taking turns filling in on the front desk after the other one quit and it was quite inconvenient (busy sales office) -- I was asked to talk to the candidates and this one, early 30s, stocky, matronly, churchy-looking -- in one of the few psychic moments I've ever had I shook her hand and the word "Pregnant!" blasted through my brain. I couldn't ask but that's all I could think of the whole time we talked. I recommended against her but the hiring manager thought she was "so sweet." Yep.

She was indeed INPIG, high-risk at that, knew it, (had had several other pignancies that didn't work out) didn't even try to hide the fact that she applied for the job because the company had far better health insurance than where her duhd husband worked. I mean, brazen. And once she was on board the company's hands were tied. She worked about five weeks, if I recall, and then went on "bed rest" which segued into mooternity leave -- she came back for a few weeks after that, just long enough that the company couldn't dun her for her health insurance costs, and then quit. I might add that because the co. was so generous (it was a touchy-feely Silicon Valley IT place) she got short- and long-term disability despite her brief tenure before her medical leave, AND her healthcare paid 100%; we had no employee-paid premiums in those days. Mrs. Christian Mawm scammed that place out of nearly a year of wages/disability payments/health care AND because she was still technically employed, we couldn't get a receptionist so other workers were inconvenienced for all that time covering her job as well as their own.

I give kudos to the man in the OP for having the balls to tell it like it is. INPIG women ARE a liability in the workforce, PC bullshit aside.
January 28, 2011
I absolutely wouldn't even think of hiring anyone who I thought was inpig or might would be inpig shortly thereafter. Although it's impossible to know for certain in some cases, there are telltale signs. When a co-worker becomes inpig it is a BURDEN to everyone else from nearly the moment of conception in every case I have ever been around in the workplace. They KNOW that they can't be fired over inpigness and they milk it for all it's worth. Many companies are afraid to even fire them for other legitimate reasons because of the liability of it with just the perception that they were fired due to being knocked up. It starts with morning sickness call outs, escalates to needing extra time off for doctor visits in the second trimester, and by the third trimester they are tired, cranky, and all around a pain in the ass to the point that everyone is GLAD when they leave early. By the time that they start with the back and belly rubbing, waddling, moaning as they get up from a chair seemingly by centrifugal force, and whining, they are more of a liability than the worthless inconvenience that they had been for the 6 months or so prior.moo with baybeem

In addition to all of that, an office inpigness generally means invitations to showers, offices showers, and constantly being subjected to the details of the inpigness, ultrasounds posted all over the fucking place, etc........Of course after that it's the actual mooternity leave which is ALWAYS longer than originally planned and after they come back, IF they come back, it all just starts up with needing time off, coming in late, leaving early, etc.... for baybee related shit. MOST inpig women and moos of young kyds are a COMPLETE pain in the ass in a work environment.cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
January 28, 2011
M4P
cassia

No way!!! That's insane!!!!! When I had my hysterectomy, I only took 2 weeks off. I can't believe these moos need more than a few weeks at most. But a year?!!

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/lp/spila/wlb/wfp/11Maternity_Leave.shtml#6
January 29, 2011
My friend used to a be a bakery manager for a supermarket. One day, the store manager was conducting interviews for a new bakery worker, and in walks this girl who my friend KNEW was about three months along. The pregnant girl was ushered into the head manager's office, and sat down across from him. Meanwhile, my friend came into the office, introduced herself as the bakery manager, and then stood behind the girl, and pantomimed to the head manager that the girl was PREGNANT. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall, as I think this would've been pretty funny to watch! Anyway, thank goodness the head manager got the gist of what my friend was trying to communicate, thanked the girl for her time, and didn't hire her. My friend said they had had bakery girls who had gotten pregnant before, and then couldn't do half the work, meaning she and the other workers had to pick up the slack, hauling huge bags of flour and sugar, and shoving hot trays in and out of the oven, while pregnant girl sat on a stool icing things. This time, they dodged the bullet.
January 29, 2011
I LOVE the fact there was laughter in the room and the broodmare burst into tears. Obviously she expected that they'd all celebrate the fact that she's a complete waste of time and money.

Has anyone noticed that when they do have to work with the parent of a small child, that parent is ALWAYS the one who has the responsibility of leaving work on-time to pick the child up from nursery/school/playgroup/sitter? Which of course means that both working parents -- working in separate offices -- are pretending that their leaving promptness is so much more important than anyone else's. HR departments ought to take on the responsibility of checking with the other parent's workplace to get to the bottom of this sham. This, in addition to parents constantly pretending to be sick themselves, so that they can receive sick pay for staying home with their kid who has a tummy ache for 20 minutes or sniffles.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 29, 2011
I try to send signals in my resume that I do not have or want children. It isn't legal for the potential employer to ask me any questions about it, but, quite frankly, if they did ask me, I wouldn't uphold the law, but would instead gladly answer the question (if it turns out the boss is some sort of maniac moo trying to weed out the CF, I wouldn't want to work there anyway).

There's a perfectly valid economic reason why a company wouldn't want to hire a pregnant woman. The legislation is designed to eliminate the ability to discriminate on the basis of factors which actually do affect job performance. That makes it quite different from laws which are designed to overcome discrimination which stems from bias against particular races, age, sexual orientation, or sex. I'd uphold all of those anti-discrimination laws designed to overcome illogical bias, because I believe that they make society more just. For instance, if I applied for a job and the company confessed that they want a "young, dynamic team" and didn't like to hire people over 35 (this can be seen in some IT companies, although most aren't stupid enough to admit it), I'd report them to the appropriate authority even if I would not be personally affected by the discrimination.

I want a level playing field, and that's why I support most legislation designed to reduce discrimination. Maternity leave does not level the playing field for women, it tilts it in favor of female breeders. Maternity leave is unfair to other employees (who will end up taking up the slack, and who don't see their choices celebrated with paid sabbaticals), and the laws relating to pregnancy and employment personally impact me negatively by signaling to employees that I may not be right for the job because I'm a woman of reproductive age. It really pisses me off that I'm being screwed three ways in order to give privilege to people who are performing a voluntary function which is bad for the environment.
January 31, 2011
How timely:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=90064.0
January 31, 2011
supreme fatness
How timely:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=90064.0

Ugh. Typical.

Note how her entire post is all about how the job will afford her "more time with my boys" and benefits and "enttitlements" --- nothing whatsoever about duties, learning opportunities, career growth -- just what she can milk from the position.

She interviews with a guy who tells her he needs stability on his staff, knowing all the while she is trying to get inpig. I call that shameless fraud and deceit.
January 31, 2011
I am very curious to see if anyone points that out, Melanie. I am afraid that what I have to say about it would not go over very well.
January 31, 2011
I doubt anyone there will point it out, and if they do they'll probably get banned or gagged on some trumped-up charge. smile rolling left righteyes2
January 31, 2011
yurble
Maternity leave does not level the playing field for women, it tilts it in favor of female breeders. Maternity leave is unfair to other employees (who will end up taking up the slack, and who don't see their choices celebrated with paid sabbaticals)

Spot on. The entitlement surrounding mooternity leave is astounding. Waaay back in 2001, one of my coworkers was asked if she could come back from her mooternity leave 2 weeks early because we had a staffing emergency (someone else had to go out unexpectedly for some minor surgery, a much more valid reason to be off, but I digress). The horrors. You would have thought she'd been asked to put the kid up for adoption. Completely lost on them was the fact that she STILL had had 2-1/2 months off!!

The other broodsows still moo about this horrific tragedy to this day, TEN YEARS later.

:crz saying 'wtf'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
January 31, 2011
The dude told like it is. :yeah

Making and raising baybees IS a job in itself, so the moo better stay at her real business: the dairy farm!Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
January 31, 2011
kidlesskim

In addition to all of that, an office inpigness generally means invitations to showers, offices showers, and constantly being subjected to the details of the inpigness, ultrasounds posted all over the fucking place, etc........Of course after that it's the actual mooternity leave which is ALWAYS longer than originally planned and after they come back, IF they come back, it all just starts up with needing time off, coming in late, leaving early, etc.... for baybee related shit. MOST inpig women and moos of young kyds are a COMPLETE pain in the ass in a work environment.cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

So much this. all male offices for the win.
January 31, 2011
She's not just worthless to them due to pignancy...she's worthless, period.

And it fucking sucks that employers can't refuse people jobs because of pregnancy. Any other choice can be used to discriminate people out of jobs, from facial piercings to criminal records (both of which are the result of personal choices, either good or bad), but you can't refuse some pregnant whore on the basis of her "delicate condition." I don't see why not since a woman IS worthless work-wise when she's knocked up and then she'll take a few weeks off. Meanwhile, if you're sick with mono and are out of work for two months, you can probably expect to no longer have your job when you come back.

What he said was not archaic, demeaning, disgusting, deplorable,or misogynistic. It was just the plain, hard, cold truth. Women ARE worthless when they are pregnant and when they shit out kids. If they aren't off sitting on their asses at home gaining 75 pounds while "eating for two," they're calling off work and leaving early and arriving late so they can go powder their kids' asses and drive Snookies to fencing practice and pick Princess up from school because the syphilis the school janitor gave her four years ago became advanced and now she thinks she's Lady Gaga and walks like a flamingo.

Mommies are hardly dedicated workers, and any employer who takes on the burden of a Moo - either a to-be one or an already-is one - is pretty much agreeing to hire someone to do less work for the same pay. Might this Moo be an exception? Possibly, but that chance is so minimal that you'd need a NASA-quality magnifying device to see it. The fact that she was wailing like a wounded boar is clue enough that she is one of the typical Moos who will be fucking worthless because she wants to get paid to sit on her ass and do nothing. Basically, she wants glorified welfare - in that she can say she has a job, but doesn't actually do that job, yet still collects a salary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login