Advanced

Toadler locked in bank vault for 4 hours :wtf

Posted by CrabCake 
Toadler locked in bank vault for 4 hours :wtf
February 26, 2011
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41794596/ns/us_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001

Toddler spends 4 hours locked in bank vault

Rescue crews pump fresh air into vents as locksmith drills his way in

CONYERS, Ga. — A 14-month-old girl who wandered away from her mother and grandmother spent several tense hours trapped inside a time-locked bank vault and authorities pumped fresh air through vents to the crying child until a locksmith freed her, police said.

The locksmith pried the toddler unharmed from the vault Friday night about four hours after she went missing while visiting a grandparent who worked at a Wells Fargo bank branch in the greater Atlanta suburb of Conyers, police said.

Authorities say police and firefighters couldn't free the toddler and feverishly summoned the locksmith after the child apparently strayed into the open vault as the bank was closing Friday — before an employee shut the vault door for the day.

Conyers Police Chief Gene Wilson told reporters it was a "very tense scene" as authorities stood by along with the relatives, and rescue workers pumped fresh air into vents leading to the vault.

Conyers police, contacted by The Associated Press early Saturday, said they would have no immediate updates.

The child was spotted on security cameras inside the vault, which has a time-release lock, Wilson said. He added that the locksmith used a large drill to breach the vault about four hours after it had been closed.

"That was one of the better moments I've ever witnessed," Wilson said, adding the girl was fine save a needed diaper change.

[So THAT'S why they pumped in fresh air.]

He said the girl delivered a note written by her grateful mother to the locksmith before heading home.

Authorities did not release the child's name.

[Breeder morons should at least be charged for the damage to the vault]

the world 'fail' on flames

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Re: Toadler locked in bank vault for 4 hours :wtf
February 26, 2011
The locksmith pried the toddler unharmed from the vault Friday night about four hours after she went missing while visiting a grandparent who worked at a Wells Fargo bank branch in the greater Atlanta suburb of Conyers, police said.

Crack reporting at its best.
February 26, 2011
As usual, the pahrunt and in this case the grandpahrunt weren't paying attention to Ms. Pweshus and then they get all up in arms when something happens. They're damn lucky the kid wasn't abducted by a perv and found dead alongside a road somewhere. Do you think they'll learn anything from this? I doubt it. Shytlyyanne will continue to wander off, and her keepers will expect other people to save her ass again. I do think the bank should charge the negligent pahrunt for the damages and cost of getting the worthless little shitsack out.
February 26, 2011
I wonder if that note they delivered included a cheque covering the costs of the rescue operation.
February 26, 2011
I noticed this was mentioned on Yahoo's front page. I was surprised when I looked at the comments...quite a few people were pointing out that the parents should have kept an eye on the kid, and some of them were parents! But those comments are getting negative views (thumbs down). Yep, some people point out the fucking obvious and they're getting shit for it.
February 26, 2011
how the fuck does a child just wander into a bank vault??? it's not like vaults are kept open in the lobby-they are usually behind the desk, which usually has a door separating the lobby and the tellers. some places have rooms the vault is in.

more reason to use a credit union, i guess...
February 26, 2011
Sorceress
As usual, the pahrunt and in this case the grandpahrunt weren't paying attention to Ms. Pweshus and then they get all up in arms when something happens. They're damn lucky the kid wasn't abducted by a perv and found dead alongside a road somewhere. Do you think they'll learn anything from this? I doubt it. Shytlyyanne will continue to wander off, and her keepers will expect other people to save her ass again. I do think the bank should charge the negligent pahrunt for the damages and cost of getting the worthless little shitsack out.

i'm curious on who the hell at the bank left clear an access that a toddler could just waltz right into the vault.
February 27, 2011
Three words.

Watch. Your. Brat.
February 27, 2011
Something tells me that instead of being chastised for negligence, the family of this kid is going to reap some sort of benefit. They'll probably be down at the police station getting a bravery citation and a gift certificate to Toys R Us any minute now.

Wonder who got to clean up the urine/feces from the vault (because you know the little squaller had to have left a trail)? Probably not the mother.

Our society seems so desperate for "feel-good' moments, soundbites and video (I gagged when this story popped up on CNN) that -- fueled by media dolts hungry for this sort of tripe -- it's lost the balls to pipe up and describe a situation accurately, which is that an unattended baby got into a secure area of a bank without being noticed by parents or staff. If a 20-year-old black kid did that, he'd be shot on sight, but since it's little ShitLeah it becomes sappy fodder for the two-digit IQ crowd.

Can you even imagine what it costs to destroy a vault door like that with a giant drill bit?
February 27, 2011
Melanie
Something tells me that instead of being chastised for negligence, the family of this kid is going to reap some sort of benefit. They'll probably be down at the police station getting a bravery citation and a gift certificate to Toys R Us any minute now.

Wonder who got to clean up the urine/feces from the vault (because you know the little squaller had to have left a trail)? Probably not the mother.

Our society seems so desperate for "feel-good' moments, soundbites and video (I gagged when this story popped up on CNN) that -- fueled by media dolts hungry for this sort of tripe -- it's lost the balls to pipe up and describe a situation accurately, which is that an unattended baby got into a secure area of a bank without being noticed by parents or staff. If a 20-year-old black kid did that, he'd be shot on sight, but since it's little ShitLeah it becomes sappy fodder for the two-digit IQ crowd.

Can you even imagine what it costs to destroy a vault door like that with a giant drill bit?

the bank staff didn't clean it either-they have cleaning people.

there is fault on two parties here-the mother, who did not watch the brat, and the bank staff, for leaving an access to the vault. there is a flagrant security violation if the vault can be readily accessed from the lobby by any customer. imagine being a person with their life savings in this bank hearing that a child was able to access the vault-what about an actual thief or robber?

mom and grandmom need a kick in the ass, too. there were two of you-one of you could not hold this kid? it's a one year old child (i'm not doing this "month" crap)-they should not be running around anyplace.
February 27, 2011
Looks like another attempt at post-natal abortion...
February 27, 2011
mistress rotwang
Looks like another attempt at post-natal abortion...

i doubt it...it's too risky as far as success. if the vault is big enough, the child could have enough air to last until the vault opens again...unless it was done right before the day the bank was closed. plus, somebody being able to wander into a vault is a fluke-those things are usually not easy to get into.
February 27, 2011
Lil safecracker arrested ...

Not even a bank vault is safe from poopy Pampers!

Does anyone remember a Twilight Zone episode where Burgess Meredith is locked in a bank vault and there is an atomic explosion and he gets out and finds all those books he can read and he drops his glasses (and I know how aggravating that is!)? Thank goodness they did not have Pampers back then.
February 28, 2011
How did this happen..."I was so obsessed with the sale at Neiman's that I forgot I had a kid when I was raiding the safe deposit box?" Bank vaults are not exactly out in the open, the vault door may be open but there is often a cage door that is not locked and it is usually situated behind desks or counters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 28, 2011
I was thinking, where do I find a bank like this? I wish I could just wander into the vault, grab a few stacks of $100 bills, and walk right out again without being noticed. I wonder if that's ever happened at this bank?

Every bank I've been in the vault is secured, not only behind counters, but there's also a plexiglass door on it in addtion to the steel door. It just doesn't make sense.

JD
February 28, 2011
Well the only thing that would have been worse for Burgess Meredith would have been if he found poopy Pampers:smn and then broke his glasses. Good thing they didn't exist back then

Anyone remember that episode?
February 28, 2011
mr. neptune
Well the only thing that would have been worse for Burgess Meredith would have been if he found poopy Pampers:smn and then broke his glasses. Good thing they didn't exist back then

I do, or at least I remember the end where he broke his glasses.

I feel a lawsuit coming from these loser breeders.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Anonymous User
February 28, 2011
mr. neptune

I do. Twilight Zone had so many memorable episodes. Good show!
February 28, 2011
mr. neptune

Last few minutes of that episode (broken glasses):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxARJyaTEA

IMDB Listing: "Time Enough To Last"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734683/
February 28, 2011
M4P
mr. neptune

I remember it too. Sometimes you're better off not getting what you wish for.

JD
February 28, 2011
More :BS from 'It's takes a village". No, it takes the two that tangoed to watch their byproduct, not innocent by standards. the world 'fail' on flames angry flipping off :sbx angry smiley ranting

lab mom
March 01, 2011
JohnDrake
M4P
mr. neptune

I remember it too. Sometimes you're better off not getting what you wish for.

JD

Would I be better off wishing Pampers and Huggies never existed? Oh, wait never mind, the parents might have had the toddler "potty whisper" in the vault.
March 01, 2011
Is it bad that every time I see the title for this thread, I think, "Good. Let's lock more in!"?

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login