Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Cosmo Schoolday Gem

Posted by labwoman 
Another Cosmo Schoolday Gem
April 17, 2011
So I get a client who's about 30 years old come into the clinic (I recall her saying that she just turned 30.) Tagging along with her is her 10-year-old she-brat. And I'm not exaggerating when I say that the kyd was a BRAT to the nth level! I told my client that unless her daughter was getting a service, she needs to sit in the waiting area and off of the clinic floor because this is what the rules are. Nope. Moomie didn't tell bratlee to sit in the waiting area, and because I'm a lowly STUDENT, I don't have the "authorization" to tell anyone what to do. Mind you, this is my assumption as to what this gem of a mother was thinking, but because she didn't tell Bratlee what I had just said...

So I'm cutting moomie's hair, and Bratlee is sitting in the chair in the station next to mine, babbling in that 10 year old annoying way at her mother. Moomie told me that she wanted a very low-maintenance haircut whereas she didn't have to spend too much time fussing with it before work. Bratlee interjects with "Because she's LAZY." I looked at the kyd and said, "Actually, your mom is not lazy, she goes to work so you can have food in your belly." Of course, that went over Moomie and Bratlee's heads. Then Bratlee decides she's going to try to stuff a piece of gum in moomie's mouth WHILE I AM CUTTING MOOMIE'S HAIR! Moomie said, "I don't want that." I said, "Please don't do that - I have shears in my hand and I could have cut your mom." Bratlee says, "So." I just sighed and went on cutting moomie's hair. For the record, the mother was decent towards me and seemed to like the fact that I was kinda busting her kid's chops. So my instructor is checking my work and Bratlee is yammering on and on, being annoying and disrespecting her mother. Later, after they left, I overheard my instructor talking to another student who witnessed it all - he was appalled at the brat's behavior and said that if he was the mother, he'd have taken the kyd out of the clinic and gave her an old-fashioned ass-beating. I love this instructor; not only is he talented, but if he IS a parent, he's no doubt a PNB.

To my client's credit, she was so pleased with her hair that I got a really good tip from her. Maybe it's because at one point, when Bratlee told her mother to SHUT UP, I said, "That's not a very nice thing to tell your mother - my mom would have smacked me if I told her to shut up." It kinda shut her up for a little while (thanfully.)

Kyds are so disrespectful these days. They don't want to listen to rules, they are smart-mouthed, spoiled little boogerminers. I was telling the truth when I said that my parents would've smacked me if I told either of them to SHUT UP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so glad that I have no goddamned kids - it gives me more time to spend with my pets, who will always love me unconditionally.
Re: Another Cosmo Schoolday Gem
April 17, 2011
Wow, that's appalling. I'm also shocked at the way kids talk to their parents, but they only do it because they get away with it. If their parents had any gumption, they'd do something about it. I don't feel sorry for any parent who lets their kid behave like this. And it's only going to get worse for that moo.
April 17, 2011
Sounds like the parent didn't want to risk losing her only "friend" by disciplinng her.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 18, 2011
My mother was a hair stylist most of her life, and worked with the same stylists at a handful of salons over her career. She may have not been the best mother in the world, but I used to look forward to spending the day at the salon with her. I was very young, and because she was a single mother and had nobody to look after me on Saturdays, I had to spend a whole day (8 hours) at the salon with her while she worked. This went on for years, and started when I was very little...probably around six years of age.
During that time, I helped sweep the hair off the floor, clean the hair dressing stations, offered the customers under the dryers coffee and magazines, straightened out the waiting area, and took the towels out of the washer and put them in the dryer. I actually helped, and really enjoyed it! I never complained, because my mother had a horrible temper, and it was really the only time we actually ever got along.
As I got a bit older, I was treated to free perms, hilights, and the ladies in the shop all loved me. I would get tips and when I was allowed, could go to the mall next door and spend some time just walking around and window shopping (all this as a small, independent child.) I would report to the shop every half hour, so my mother would know I wasn't kidnapped.
There is no excuse for a child of ten to behave like that in a salon. Not only is it disrespectful and disruptive, but there are powerful chemicals and scissors, hot irons etc. all around, not to mention the possibility that a hairdresser can slip and make an improper cut.
If I acted like that at my mother's salon, I would have been dead meat before we even got in the car. :complaining about a brat
April 19, 2011
If the kid is this rude at age ten, I can only imagine how the little shit will behave when she becomes a teenager. eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
April 19, 2011
Holy crap, she tried to stuff a piece of gum in Moo's mouth, and she's ten years old? That's bratty toddler behavior, not someone who is ten years old.

I'm glad that Moo tolerated your saying something to her kid, but really, she needs to get a back bone.

When I'm in Target or some other brat-infested Hell, I often hear kyds telling their parents to shut up. If I had dared to disrespect mty parents like that, I'd still have the hand print on my ass.

Parents who want to be their kyds friends are the most pathetic people on Earth.
April 20, 2011
bell_flower
Holy crap, she tried to stuff a piece of gum in Moo's mouth, and she's ten years old? That's bratty toddler behavior, not someone who is ten years old.

I'm glad that Moo tolerated your saying something to her kid, but really, she needs to get a back bone.

When I'm in Target or some other brat-infested Hell, I often hear kyds telling their parents to shut up. If I had dared to disrespect mty parents like that, I'd still have the hand print on my ass.

Parents who want to be their kyds friends are the most pathetic people on Earth.

Oh, yes! A damp Mr. Dishcloth would be meeting Mr. Mouth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
April 21, 2011
Sorceress
Wow, that's appalling. I'm also shocked at the way kids talk to their parents, but they only do it because they get away with it. If their parents had any gumption, they'd do something about it. I don't feel sorry for any parent who lets their kid behave like this. And it's only going to get worse for that moo.

damn straight! this kid would not be talking that way to an italian mom. you can always tell how many times a child got smart with an italian mom by how many broken wooden spoons are in the kitchen. you would be hard put in most cases to find more than one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login