Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dumb Moo Sues McDonalds Over Happy Meal Toys

Posted by herbalgeek 
Dumb Moo Sues McDonalds Over Happy Meal Toys
December 15, 2010
http://www.walletpop.com/2010/12/15/mcdonalds-sued-over-happy-meal-toys/

I don't get the comparison between Happy Meal toys and a magazine centerfold, but whatever.

"My children really want the toys that are in those meals," she said, adding the meals often get cold while her kids -- ages 6 and 2 -- play with the toys instead of eating. "I'm concerned about the health of my children frankly ... I don't think it's OK to entice children."

Unless someone just carjacked her and her kids and drove her to McDonalds at gunpoint, she is making the choice to take them there. How is it McDonalds' fault that she can't stand up to her brats?

At least the comments are reasonable.
Re: Dumb Moo Sues McDonalds Over Happy Meal Toys
December 15, 2010
"Dangling a toy in front of a child is like putting a scantily clad woman in front of men," he said, adding that children don't have the cognitive ability to realize the marketing ploy.

But adults do (at least in theory), and isn't it the role of the parent to teach your children and protect them from this sort of thing?

You know what the real problem is?

Children age 8 and younger influenced their families' expenditures and spent about $200 billion each year on themselves -- one-third of that is on food and beverages, according to the lawsuit.
December 15, 2010
Someone beat me to it. 1010wins of NYC had the headline teaser as 'mcdonalds causes her to fight with kids.'
Someone here said it better but todays parunts are farking wimps.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 15, 2010
Moo, time to COOK and FEED your kiddies REAL FOOD.eye rolling smiley

McDonald's is really nothing but fun treats to reel in rugrats for money, like Chuck E. Cheese.
December 15, 2010
Banshee
Moo, time to COOK and FEED your kiddies REAL FOOD.eye rolling smiley

McDonald's is really nothing but fun treats to reel in rugrats for money, like Chuck E. Cheese.
At least someone is cashing in big $$$$$$ from breeders laziness and stupidity...

lab mom
December 15, 2010
America's litigious culture + Entitled Mommy Syndrome = one disgusting state of affairs we have today.
December 15, 2010
waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
December 15, 2010
Reading about these idiot mommies makes me want to buy a McDonald's franchise just so I can exploit their stupidity and make money.
December 15, 2010

"Dangling a toy in front of a child is like putting a scantily clad woman in front of men," he said, adding that children don't have the cognitive ability to realize the marketing ploy.

That's just a stupid thing to say for someone with this guys "credentials". I don't think women would like to be equated to a Happy Meal toy, or men to an 8 year old after said toy. What else does this guy compare? "Putting 2 servings of vegetables in a spaghetti sauce is like dangling an oozing breast in front of a toddler."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
"I'm concerned about the health of my children frankly ... I don't think it's OK to entice children."

If you are concerned about their health why are you going to McHeartattack to eat in te first place, it doesn't add up.
December 16, 2010
In one breath she mentions worrying about their health, implying that Happy Meals are slop, but then she complains because they are playing with the toy and that their food gets cold. If the food was shit, then what difference does it make that they didn't eat it? If it's ALL about the toy, then why not feed them something healthy and take them to the dollar store afterwards as a "treat"? Not that I am a McDonald's fan, but they have salads, grilled chicken, fruit cups and apples on their menu, so why not get the little bastards one of those and drop a fucking toy down in the bag? Most ALL of those toy in kid meal places will GIVE one of those toys to a paying customer kid and I don't know about McDonald's, but Burger King used to sell their kiddie meal toys separately for .99.

This bullshit is SO unnecessary. All these stupid cunts need to do is open up their minds, if that's possible, and use their imagination. That, or simply tell the kid, "NO!" when he asks to go to McDonald's. WHO is in charge here anyway?

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 16, 2010
Wow, and to think of all those decoder rings, and Hot Wheels, and other trinkets planted in cereal boxes to "entice" children! Thereoughtabealaw! eye rolling smiley (She's only 60 years late.)

How's this for enticement: "Kids eat free!" at restaurants, or "Kids stay free!" at hotels? I'll bet this greedy moobitch doesn't want to sue over that.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
I see this every week with my fiance's cousin and her kids. She seriously cannot say no to them. They get McDonald's and BK at least once a week each. They bitch and moan about eating real food and only want grilled cheese or frozen fish sticks when forced to eat "homecooked" food. Seriously, they don't eat pasta! What kind of person doesn't like pasta!? I understand it not being your favorite or not liking a certain type of sauce, but honestly, isn't pasta the perfect bland, ubiquitous meal?
December 16, 2010
Yeah, Mickey D's does let people buy just the trinkets without buying food. I did that a few times when I was younger, so why Moos can't just buy the toys and not the slop-food eludes me. And while McShit does have "healthy" alternatives, they're often as loaded with sugar and salt and fat as the greasy burgers and fries.
I hate cooking, but I feel like crap when I eat most fast food. Even someone as bad at cooking as I am can manage pasta, sandwiches, salads, stir-fry, casseroles, and a couple other things. I also prefer making burgers myself since I like them not being too huge, I like ground turkey more, and I like to burn my burgers to a crisp because I like a slight burny flavor to grilled meat. Moo could make burgers at home that are healthier...homemade chicken nuggets are good too and can be baked rather than fried.
Eating fast food once in a while is fine, but making it a regular or frequent indulgence because you're a lazy shit will eventually become a problem. Homemade food doesn't have to be bland - ginger, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, mint, bay leaves, basil, oregano...there are these things called herbs that can be used either fresh or dried to add flavor to food. But since the only recipe breeders know is how to order Happy Meals or how to nuke a hot dog, no such flavorful food will ever grace their or their families' lips.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
i am going to out myself as a food safety professional, and to say that the food getting cold is THE health concern? that would get hopefully laughed out of court.
December 16, 2010
ShimmyMuse
How's this for enticement: "Kids eat free!" at restaurants, or "Kids stay free!" at hotels? I'll bet this greedy moobitch doesn't want to sue over that.

Yeah, but I want to sue over that. It discriminates against non-kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 16, 2010
To bring up a cliche, when the kids ask for McDonalds and all this other stuff, can't the parents "Just Say No?"

JD
December 16, 2010
navi8orgirl
ShimmyMuse

Yeah, but I want to sue over that. It discriminates against non-kids.

We just refuse to eat at any establishment like that. The food probably sucks anyway. How can these dorks stay in business?
December 16, 2010
Maybe the author subscribes to Playgirl magazine, and is using her vice as a comparison.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
This is the type of crap that just pisses me off. Um. If you're *THAT* worried about your kid's health, then WTF are you taking them to McD's for? Same thing with fat people blaming everyone but themselves why they're 400 lbs as they shovel their fourth Big Mac into their mouths. People need to grow up.
December 16, 2010
ColdSunshine
This is the type of crap that just pisses me off. Um. If you're *THAT* worried about your kid's health, then WTF are you taking them to McD's for? Same thing with fat people blaming everyone but themselves why they're 400 lbs as they shovel their fourth Big Mac into their mouths. People need to grow up.

I AGREE! The old "I am disabled and can't get any exercise is why I am fat" is BULLSHIT too! How hard is it to just consume LESS? A few years ago I had surgery on my spine and for several months I became very inactive in comparison to my normal routine due to pain. Well, when I went in for a check up visit after about 3 months and the woman said, "Would you like to step up on the scale for me?" I SHOULD have said, "Um NO I don't", and kept on walking because I had gained TWELVE pounds, which is like having grown two extra heads. It had just crept on on me, but it made sense that I had probably gained about a pound every week simply from inactivity.

IMMEDIATELY I cut my caloric intake and started walking, even though I was "hungry"(or thought that I was) and it hurt to walk.There is NO EXCUSE for weighing what any two people should weigh together, NONE! EVEN IF they are paralyzed from the neck down, they can STILL stop eating so damned much!

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
^ I broke my ankle and gained almost sixty lbs. Between that and having a severely injured horse, I just didn't have time to swim. I got off my fat ass, put the Twinkies down and got back in the pool and lost my weight in under a year.
April 22, 2011
Salon just had an opinion piece about this. The author seems to recognize that it is the parents who buy the products, and that children nagging for toys is nothing knew, but at the same time concludes that there should be a law against it.

Personally, I think if you're going to worry about the predatory practices of marketing to children, McDonald's shouldn't be the only--or even the main--target. The author should be fighting for a blanket ban on advertising to children, instead, and proposing education on dissecting the manipulation inherent in advertising. Hell, maybe just try to ban all advertising (oh, wait, consumer lust is only bad for children, not adults).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login