Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is my breastmilk bad?

Posted by KABA 
Is my breastmilk bad?
October 15, 2010
OMFG! Read the comments! I actually threw up in my mouth.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080208073442AAvquAc

The originator of all that is nasty
My son was born on January 10th and have been breastfeeding the entire time, no supplementing. I started pumping milk to store and so my husband could do late night feedings. I pumped a bottle 2 days ago and this morning it looked sour. I dumped it. Does this mean my milk is bad? Should i stop breastfeeding? I've noticed him spitting up a tad more too..... Help I ont want to over react but I don't want to make my baby sick either!

Nasty Moo replier
I think the general look of breastmilk is a sour look.. it has a yellowish color and the fat seperates from the liquid, making it looked curdled. This is TOTALLY NORMAL.. you don't need to dump it out! Yes, continue breastfeeding and continue pumping. The best way to tell if breastmilk has gone bad is by smelling it.. if it smells rancid from being in the fridge too long or left out at room temp. you will know it, trust me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Re: Is my breastmilk bad?
October 15, 2010
I do not know how I failed to know about this REPULSIVE shit, as much as I have looked at that kellymoo forum!!!!! EEEEEWWWeeewwww.two faces puking

"No your breastmilk isn't bad. Breastmilk seperates after awhile. If you were refrigerating teh bottle you probably noticed some material at the top that looked like it was "curdling". Completely normal. Just shake it up really good and it's good to go..........................." I am sorry, but if it CURDLES, then it can't be good

"...... Breast milk will separate. You get a thick fat layer on the top, and a really clear liquid on the bottom. When you warm it back up, they go back together. Breast milk if left out too long or if left in the fridge will go bad like cow milk does. I would not worry that your milk is bad............" Like a cow, that sounds about right

"...There's no such thing as "bad breast milk". Your milk is fine. When storing, it's safe for breastmilk to be room temperature for 8-10hrs. It's safe to keep in a refrigerator for a week. It's safe to keep in the freezer for 6months. Milk naturally separates............."The cream will rise to the top of the milk during storage. Gently swirl milk (do not shake) to mix before checking temperature and offering to baby." EIGHT TO TEN HOURS? I don't fucking think so!

"I think the general look of breastmilk is a sour look.. it has a yellowish color and the fat seperates from the liquid, making it looked curdled. This is TOTALLY NORMAL.. you don't need to dump it out! Yes, continue breastfeeding and continue pumping. The best way to tell if breastmilk has gone bad is by smelling it.. if it smells rancid from being in the fridge too long or left out at room temp. you will know it, trust me. By the way, everyone who posted the storage guidelines above has them incorrect, check on http://www.kellymom.com for proper breastmilk storage guidelines. Best Wishes." That is SO gross that I am salivating like I do before I vomit. At least she backs me up on the "8-10" hours sitting out at room temperature being NOT correct storage. That's just common sense! .

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 15, 2010
Nature's "perfect food." two faces puking
October 15, 2010
Now that you're stomach is churning:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
October 15, 2010
KABA
Now that you're stomach is churning:

::brbl

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
October 15, 2010
How degrading.

And dehumanizing, too.

openmouthed shock
October 15, 2010

October 16, 2010
Ew.

lab mom
May 08, 2011
Natacha Douxange
Hello everyone,

I am an Odessa apartment scammer and a troll and are in need of a psychiatrist because I am dangerous

If you wish to be scammed out of your money, victim of a stalker then I am your woman:

natacha.douxange@gmail.com

Natacha

What an odd post. It must be a moo who didn't get any attention on Moo-Day and who is desperate.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 08, 2011
Probably someone trying to send some hate in another person's direction by misappropriating an email address.
May 08, 2011
Oh my fucking god!!! If there isn't enough moohood shit to make me not eat for a week, THIS is going to do just that!!!
AND, out of everything else a moo could obsess over, WHY did it have to dream up this crap???
May 08, 2011
KABA
OMFG! Read the comments! I actually threw up in my mouth.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080208073442AAvquAc

The originator of all that is nasty
My son was born on January 10th and have been breastfeeding the entire time, no supplementing. I started pumping milk to store and so my husband could do late night feedings. I pumped a bottle 2 days ago and this morning it looked sour. I dumped it. Does this mean my milk is bad? Should i stop breastfeeding? I've noticed him spitting up a tad more too..... Help I ont want to over react but I don't want to make my baby sick either!

Nasty Moo replier
I think the general look of breastmilk is a sour look.. it has a yellowish color and the fat seperates from the liquid, making it looked curdled. This is TOTALLY NORMAL.. you don't need to dump it out! Yes, continue breastfeeding and continue pumping. The best way to tell if breastmilk has gone bad is by smelling it.. if it smells rancid from being in the fridge too long or left out at room temp. you will know it, trust me.

:eyebrowstwo faces puking:kill
Anonymous User
May 08, 2011
kidlesskim
"I think the general look of breastmilk is a sour look.. it has a yellowish color and the fat seperates from the liquid, making it looked curdled. This is TOTALLY NORMAL.. you don't need to dump it out! Yes, continue breastfeeding and continue pumping. The best way to tell if breastmilk has gone bad is by smelling it.. if it smells rancid from being in the fridge too long or left out at room temp. you will know it, trust me. By the way, everyone who posted the storage guidelines above has them incorrect, check on http://www.kellymom.com for proper breastmilk storage guidelines. Best Wishes." That is SO gross that I am salivating like I do before I vomit. At least she backs me up on the "8-10" hours sitting out at room temperature being NOT correct storage. That's just common sense! .

So, in other words, breastmilk is the same color as snot or piss??? Ewww! two faces puking

So, there's no such thing as "Bad Breastmilk" and it can be left out for ten hours without contracting any sort of bacteria? :BS Do these dumb moos think at all? It may be sterile coming out, but there is no way any sort of bodily discharge, which is what breastmilk is, can sit FOR HOURS and not contract anything.
May 08, 2011
There's only one way to properly tell if your breastmilk is good, and that's to suckle yourself.

I'd try to start that rumor, but it would make me ill if people followed that advice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login