Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duuuude, I have auuutism

Posted by Dorisan 
Duuuude, I have auuutism
May 19, 2011
Mom treats her autistic kid with cannabis - prognosis: excellent, dude

Four parts; I read the first two and skimmed to the end to find that things seem to be working out for them.

In our case, I would call our experiment a qualified success. Not because cannabis has cured J, who's now 11, or anything near it. But it's alleviated some of his severest symptoms so that he, my husband, and I can actually enjoy each other, rather than being held hostage by his autism in a house full of screams, destruction, and three very unhappy people.
Re: Duuuude, I have auuutism
May 19, 2011
Sounds like this mother has finally hit on something to make the kid behave sometimes. If I were one of the teachers who had to ward off his kicks, bites, and punches every day, I'd be saying, "Bring on the pot!"
May 19, 2011
They may be onto something. My view on it is if all the kid can ever do is blabber on about, "....ducks on the pond......", bite, and have meltdowns, he will never be of much use to himself or others anyway. Why not make his life and others it affects as easy as possible? Personally, I believe that autards with this extensive and non correctable behavior issues need to be institutionalized for their own good and for the good of society. However, this won't fly with the moo set who genuinely believe that he's "in there". I might know that millions of dollars are in a vault for the taking, but if I can NEVER get "in there", then it's completely worthless.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 19, 2011
Hmm, let's see...

Autism. Autism. Autism. Hmm...

Cannabis. Cannabis. Cannabis. Hmm...

I know! Let's get Cheech and Chong back together to combine the two in a movie! It would make Up in Smoke look tame! Meltdown, my eye!
May 19, 2011
Don't the twinkies trigger episodes?

ducking and running ...

Click here to login