Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advice Goddess *SMACKDOWN!*

Posted by Dorisan 
Advice Goddess *SMACKDOWN!*
May 19, 2011
A new term to remember: kid pro quo.

Boy, she really let this guy have it. Admittedly, this should have been brought up earlier in the relationship, but the duhd-wanna-be sounds like a real snot. Go AG! :yr

Dear Advice Goddess: My 27-year-old girlfriend has two kids (ages 10 and 5). She is financially stable and owns her own house. We began planning to get married, but then she said she didn't want any more children. She cites the financial burden, the time a baby would take from "us," how she'd be starting all over again, and not wanting to do that to her body again. I think she's being selfish, seeing me as good enough to help raise her two girls but not good enough to have a child with. I want a child who's genetically related to me, who I can raise and form from the start. I told her if she won't have a baby, I won't take the next step and get married and purchase a house together. Am I in the wrong here, or is she? — Feeling Used

Dear Feeling Used: It's always so cute when a man announces "WE'RE having a baby!" — as if "WE" will be getting huge, bloated, and hormonal, and nuzzling the toilet bowl for nine months. And then there's the really fun part, when WE get strapped to a table, legs spread, and we're surrounded by strangers shouting "Push! Push!" (As if it's sheer laziness that keeps a person from squeezing a Mack truck out a carport-sized opening.)

Your fiancee was a teen mother way back before you'd get a reality series for that and has now spent over a third of her life being somebody's mommy. Not surprisingly, she isn't into having yet another human being to be responsible for for the next 20-plus years — understanding all too well that "Hey, can we get a new person?!" isn't like getting another kitten (as in, what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?).

Unfortunately, it seems you assumed there'd be some sort of kid pro quo here: You drive her kids to soccer and admire their crayonings, and she'd make you a kid of your own. You're right to expect some really big hugs for doing the stand-in dad thing, but just because she has the womanparts doesn't mean she owes it to you to fire up the assembly line and give you an heir. What you're calling selfishness on her part is actually a sign of emotional health — not being so needy that she'd agree to be your baby vending machine, only to end up resentful and angry ("Here's your lunchbox, you little snot!").

You don't get a kid out of her by acting like one — sniffling that you're "not good enough to have a child with" and announcing, "No baby, no marry, no housie!" Instead of trying to pout and guilt her into more motherhood, discuss this like adults to see whether there's any wiggle room here. (Don't get your hopes up.)

As for your question about which one of you is in the wrong, you're probably just wrong for each other. Ultimately, this could be one of those unfortunate situations where love just isn't enough. Two people also have to want the same major things: Must love dogs. Must want kids. Must join the cult and hand out pamphlets at the airport.

Should this relationship crash and burn, try to learn from it: If you really, really want to be something's dad, prudent family planning involves casually putting that out there as early as the first date. This isn't foolproof, but it beats the other kind of family planning: planning to swap out the wife's birth control pills for 30 days of Tic Tacs: "Gee, my Ortho-Novum tastes minty-fresh!"
Anonymous User
Re: Advice Goddess *SMACKDOWN!*
May 19, 2011
Awesome advice!!!
Wow, I am seriously impressed with this woman!
Wanna breed needs to find some woman who wants to bake one of his own in her oven and quit trying to guilt this obviously smart enough to know better woman into # 3!!!
May 19, 2011
I loathe the "one of our own" breeders. They can't let the ink dry on the current marriage certificate and with 3-5 kids between them even, they immediately start up with the, 'Let's have one of our own" bullshit. Usually though, it's the moos who do this. This guy is a total loser and is trying to blackmail this woman, but the problem is that he has nothing that she wants.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 19, 2011
I love that woman!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
navi8orgirl NLI
May 19, 2011
My hat's off to the mom/gf. She obviously has her shit together, and the last thing she needs is someone trying to undermine her because "I want one OF MY OWWWWN." He won't be the one raising it, as she already well knows.

And AG is dead on. This woman is emotionally healthy, stable, has life on the ball and he is behaving like a baby. These two are just not right for each other, and it seems he already resents the other two kids.

She already has another baby in this bf....she needs to ditch him, and he needs to go find the "42 and desperate" woman. She will give him OneOfOurOwn.
May 19, 2011
Awesome, spot-on advice!

Despite that, though, something tells me that this jackass is going to get pissy with AG and claim that he's a victim AGAIN. Either way, it's good to know that there are people letting these "one of our own" assholes know what the fuck is wrong with them. (Someone aside from CF, since they think we're soooo ignorant and immature!)
May 19, 2011
I am adopted so you can imagine how I reacted when I told my exhusband if we had kids they would have to be adopted and he dropped this same bomb- I WANT ONE OF MY OWWWNNNNN. EX. HUSBAND.
May 19, 2011
Obviously his passive-aggressive, manipulative, disrespectful, myopic, lazy, ill-considered DNA needs to be passed on to the next generation, for sure! Brainiac wants his own brats (who, starting out genetically handicapped with their idiot father's genes, will grow up to cure cancer, dontcha know) but marries a woman who already has two and attempts the guilt trip instead of starting out with a woman who for sure wanted his kids. Brilliant! A real Einstein, this one.
May 19, 2011
The mistake this guy made: wanting to marry a woman who has a good career, owns her own house, and is responsible. What he really needs to do is go down to the local subsidized housing and find himself a welfare whore who will be more than happy to pop out "one of his own".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
May 19, 2011
Law, they are not married; he is blackmailing her with the threat of no marriage if she does not give him a DNA replicant because she "is using him" to father her own. I guess he is not using her for sex or lodging, right? Add to this that the girlfriend knows who will be cleaning up after the puppy once the thrill of "look world, my dick works" wears off.

A guy like this doesn't want a responsible woman. I agree he needs to hit the section 8 housing and find a Damsel in Distress who will happily grant him with a cooter shooter with his own amazing genetic code.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 19, 2011
Baby vending machine... seems like one for the glossary. Insert a dick, and a kid pops out!

ETA - the change from the transaction runs down the vending machine's leg when she stands up after the deposit.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Anonymous User
May 19, 2011
reaperess
Baby vending machine... seems like one for the glossary. Insert a dick, and a kid pops out!

ETA - the change from the transaction runs down the vending machine's leg when she stands up after the deposit.
waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious
May 19, 2011
reaperess

two faces pukingwaving hellolarious

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
May 20, 2011
Why is she with him? A cry-baby loser who wants one of his own and won't listen to the one with actual experience in baby-matters, and to top it off, manipulatively calls her selfish?!

She needs to DTMFA! Hell, I'd tell her to chase him away with a flame-thrower.
May 20, 2011
gwdzee
Why is she with him? A cry-baby loser who wants one of his own and won't listen to the one with actual experience in baby-matters, and to top it off, manipulatively calls her selfish?!

I need some decoding, please... DTMFA? I'm lost. shrug

It's your hell; you rot in it!
May 20, 2011
reaperess
gwdzee

I need some decoding, please... DTMFA? I'm lost. shrug

Ditch the mother fucker's ass?confused smileybouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
May 20, 2011
Ditch The Mother Fucker Already.
May 20, 2011
Medusa
Ditch The Mother Fucker Already.

I was close!tongue sticking out smiley

May 20, 2011
I suspect some, perhaps many, men who date Single Mothers have that "mommy lust", see themselves as a 'rescuer', and etc.

They are attracted to the whole deal and thus probably want 'one of their own'. They seem to want to "seal the new deal" with a kid, also. And male and female alike.

I know of several men who did this.

Side note - I once looked up some past friends on Fakebook (I don't participate in this and just have an empty account for 'looking around'). Anyway I found this girl I used to know who was a Teen Mom (of course we drifted apart). I did know she married some guy who wanted "one of his own" and they had another kid.

Anyway - I saw on The Husband's FB page that he likes to watch the TV show "Teen Mom" and even made comments about various characters.

What kind of 40 year old MAN watches "Teen Mom" ?

Ooog.
May 20, 2011
Here's what I have to say to the mom (never thought I'd be posting that here) & Advice Goddess:
:yr

The mom sounds like a PNB with some sense in her head unlike her boyfriend. She needs to kick his ass to the curb.
May 20, 2011
We don't know the details of why she sprogged with husband number one, but we know how the ending turned out,.

This story illustrates quite nicely why women who don't want kyds and are being pressured by a husband to sprog should not have kyds. If/when the marriage implodes, your dating pool will consists of divorced duds. CF guys won't want you. Guys who haven't had kyds yet might deign to date you, but I'd venture to say a lot of them will have the attitude this guy does: You're damaged goods. Maybe you can redeem yourself if you shit out brats for me. Meanwhile, your kyds will become back-of-the-couch in all the fambilee photos.

Sounds like a sucky deal for all concerned.
May 21, 2011
i agree-there's better men out there-kick the spoiled brat to the curb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login