Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Married Single Mom" Article Causes a Single Moo Stampede:mad2

Posted by kidlesskim 
"Married Single Mom" Article Causes a Single Moo Stampede:mad2
June 05, 2011
http://www.parenting.com/article/married-single-mom?cid=plusblog

Basically, a married woman with a couple of kids has a husband who is the new sole owner of a restaurant and works nonstop. Consequently, she is mooing and lowing about feeling like a single moo, which was what my intended original post was to be about. THEN, I read many of the comments and those were funnier than the whiny little married moo article itself. There are other funny comments AGAINST the single moo stampeders and a few others in support of "married single moo," but the ones below from the "real" single moos caught my attention. It makes me laugh my ass off when moo-cunts get into pissing matches as to moo trumps moom. bouncing and laughing

1)As an actual, real-life, not some fantasy-world that you must live in, single mother, I am extremely offended by this article. A break? What about the single mother's whose children don't have a father in their life? How does that mother get a break? Single mothers have ALL of the responsibility of the household on their shoulders. No one is there for emotional support, no one is there to PAY THE BILLS, no one is there... PERIOD. I'm sure your life is made much easier by spending all the money your husband makes. We single mother's don't have that LUXURY either. That should make up for all the STRESS in your life.

Maybe you should divorce your husband to make your life EASIER. I have read other articles by this author in the past and she seems to be a bit too spoiled and sheltered for me. Maybe this is some attempt at humor? But to me, it indicates a selfish, narcisistic point of view that I don't think the majority of your readers share. This is "Parenting" magazing right? Please find a REAL single mother and have her share HER experience. You may learn a few things...

2)I agree with the single mom who's offended. This woman doesn't even remotely qualify for being even close to a single mom. The single most significant determining factor of being a single mom is the economic side of it, which is having to provide all the income to support the children AND trying to find time to spend time with them as well. This woman complains about her husband working long hours maybe the article should be called, "i hate that my husband is never around", "i never see my husband", "I have to take care of the kids all by myself" or even, "I'm raising my kids all by myself and I'm married"...but she most definately NOT a single mom...single moms or dads worry most about how the bills will be paid each month...something she most definately doesn't have to worry about...i have no sympathy for stay at home moms...it's the princess shift...especially if the children go to school..

I wish i had a 5 to 6 hour block of time to do things by myself even if it meant cleaning or doing laundry monday thru friday. And if you are spending monday thru friday cleaning and doing laundry during that 5 to 6 hour block...then you most certainly are not very efficient in what you do...and never have to worry about where the money is coming from...a big WHATEVER to this article!!

3)As a Single Mom of a six year old I am extremly offended by this article. I mean are you kidding me? My son's father only see's him every other weekend and if he calls to check on him during the week it is a miracle. Just like the first "offended Single Mom" stated, it can take an entire emotional toll on an individual, at least married Moms have the option off leaning on there husbands for emotional support. We not only have to play the role of Mommy and Daddy but we have no one to lean on for emotional support. So if I were you I wouldn't complain that your husband is working all hours of the day but be thankful for the fact that you at least have a husband. Now my son's father is a great daddy he does see him every other weekend and we at times have a good relationship but it would be nice to have a guy in the picture.

But back to the point, this article is a hoot and she has no idea what it is like to be a Single Mom. Walk in my shoes or any other Single Mom and I am sure they will be happy to let you take over for a day. I work 8:30-5, come home, clean house, cook dinner, get kid ready for bath, put kid to bed, deal with bills, call the bank, catch up on emails if permitted and or find time for myself. Plus I have to deal with issues from my son's day. catch up with his teacher etc. It is hard and know one to lean on for emotional support. You think about that next time you want to write an article about "Married Single Moms''!

4)Married moms ARE pampered princesses compared to single working moms and that is a FACT. They never have to worry if their bills will get paid, because they have a husband to pay them. They can go shopping or out with their girlfriends because their husbands can take care of the kids while they are out having fun. Single moms are not pampered - oh and if you have a live in boyfriend shacking up with you, that also means you are NOT a single mom. Shacking up boyfriends pay bills and babysit too, so that doesn't count. The REAL single moms - we are INVINSIBLE !!! Good for us!

5)I'm shocked by how many women are coming on here, blaming single moms and saying that we "chose" to be in our situations. Believe me, I did not "choose" to have my fiancé abandon me when we found out I was pregnant, nor did I "choose" for him to have nothing to do with the child he helped create. I do not have psychic abilities so I did not have the foresight necessary to know that this man, who could talk of nothing else but having a family, would up and split when that talk became reality. And guess what, married mommies? If you say that i chose to get pregnant and put myself in this unforseeable situation, why can the same not be said of you?

You entered into a marriage knowing full well what that meant, you choose to stay with your husband and therefore choose to stay in your situation. The matter of the fact is, you are not a single mom if you're married. Single means 1, whereas married implies at least 2... And 1 does not equal 2. You may have to do the bulk of the parenting, but you still have the added income, your children still have the luxury of knowing both of their parents love them and will do anything necessary to provide for them (including working long hours), and at the end of the day you still have someone with whom to share the wonderful things your children did that day or complain about the rising cost of gas, or even just to cuddle with and share in the reassurance that no matter whT happens you'll always have each other.

I don't want sympathy or pity, because I'm doing a damn good job of being both Mom and Dad, I just wish that women who call themselves "married single moms" would cherish and appreciate the fact that they are lucky enough to be in this with the one they love.

:Violin Anyone notice a theme? In each and every single moo rant, which includes the typical blah blah blah about ALL they do, they mention bills, income, and/or the economic side of single moo-ism.:bawl

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: "Married Single Mom" Article Causes a Single Moo Stampede:mad2
June 05, 2011
Yep, you got that right. Single moos thought their little spawn would be their ticket to the gravy train and can only see married moos in the light of economic competition.

These whiny single moos did have two other choices (after the conception; obviously selecting a non-loser to have unprotected sex with would have been a better choice in the first place, as would birth control, Plan B or abstinence) - abortion or adoption. Those who say they didn't choose their lots in life are lying, disingenuous or both.

I also loved this: My son's father only see's him every other weekend and if he calls to check on him during the week it is a miracle. -- then she goes on to call him a "good daddy." I'd hate to see a bad one!
June 05, 2011
Melanie
Yep, you got that right. Single moos thought their little spawn would be their ticket to the gravy train and can only see married moos in the light of economic competition.

These whiny single moos did have two other choices (after the conception; obviously selecting a non-loser to have unprotected sex with would have been a better choice in the first place, as would birth control, Plan B or abstinence) - abortion or adoption. Those who say they didn't choose their lots in life are lying, disingenuous or both.

I also loved this: My son's father only see's him every other weekend and if he calls to check on him during the week it is a miracle. -- then she goes on to call him a "good daddy." I'd hate to see a bad one!

I picked up on that too!bouncing and laughing I also thought this comment was especially telling:

"But back to the point, this article is a hoot and she has no idea what it is like to be a Single Mom. Walk in my shoes or any other Single Mom and I am sure they will be happy to let you take over for a day. I work 8:30-5, come home, clean house, cook dinner, get kid ready for bath, put kid to bed, deal with bills, call the bank, catch up on emails if permitted and or find time for myself. Plus I have to deal with issues from my son's day. catch up with his teacher etc. It is hard and know one to lean on for emotional support. You think about that next time you want to write an article about "Married Single Moms''!"

:Violin EVERYONE has chores and/or a job, even childfree and the unchilded! We ALL have unpleasant tasks and boring errands to do, yet single moos act as if no one else has laundry, a home to clean, cooks dinner, etc.........The added responsibility of a kid was HER CHOICE. Also, why does she have to "call the bank" every day? Even so, how much time could that take?confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
June 05, 2011
A related species of moo is where the couple CHOOSES to work opposite shifts in order to avoid daycare costs. I work with two women in this situation, and BOTH of them have described themselves as "essentially single moms" or something equally absurd.

Let's see. Shitting loaves + working opposite shifts = each person has to do brat-care singlehandedly in their off hours. Almost always, Moo does (or claims to do) far more on her "second shift" than Duh does, which prompts the "essentially a single mom" bullshit. The major difference that makes their claim so ridiculous is, of course, that they still have TWO incomes supporting the famblee as opposed to one (or none in the case of welfare whores).

I've always thought that this arrangement is very dangerous for a marriage. Moo and Duh get virtually no "couple time" and see each other only on weekends, which are of course jam-packed with chores, errands, and kyd activities. They become more like roommates than married partners. I'd bet these marriages fail at a greater rate than ones with a more traditional set-up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
June 05, 2011
Yeah, last time I checked I have my paying work plus home maintenance, cleaning, shopping, laundry, cooking, household and personal paperwork, etc. --- who doesn't? These moos act as though everyone but them has live-in maids, butlers and financial managers. Did she think a magic genie was going to relieve her of life tasks so she would have extra time in the day to devote to little Burdonne?

It would be really interesting in a morbid sort of way to do some mass psychological testing on these dolts who get knocked up by "good daddy" and choose to birth the thing rather than run screaming for Planned Parenthood. There must be some pathology or SOMETHING that explains the similarity of and depth of their single-moo delusions, feelings of entitlement and resentment. I bet the psychological profile of a single moo vs a woman who opts for any of the myriad other choices for preventing/terminating pregnancy is very different. Perhaps if we knew what made them tick we could prevent them from proliferating.
June 05, 2011
Melanie
Yeah, last time I checked I have my paying work plus home maintenance, cleaning, shopping, laundry, cooking, household and personal paperwork, etc. --- who doesn't? These moos act as though everyone but them has live-in maids, butlers and financial managers. Did she think a magic genie was going to relieve her of life tasks so she would have extra time in the day to devote to little Burdonne?

It would be really interesting in a morbid sort of way to do some mass psychological testing on these dolts who get knocked up by "good daddy" and choose to birth the thing rather than run screaming for Planned Parenthood. There must be some pathology or SOMETHING that explains the similarity of and depth of their single-moo delusions, feelings of entitlement and resentment. I bet the psychological profile of a single moo vs a woman who opts for any of the myriad other choices for preventing/terminating pregnancy is very different. Perhaps if we knew what made them tick we could prevent them from proliferating.

I think you are onto something about it being some kind of pathology regarding the single-moo profile phenomenon and I believe that it goes beyond a psychological abnormality. I have conducted my own informal "study" of this over the years via observation and occasional questions out of sheer curiosity about something that I absolutely do NOT comprehend on any level of awareness. I can even understand falling for the fairy tale perhaps ONCE, but most all single moos are eventually repeat offenders and often times have multiple kids.confused smiley

In my experience, they ALL have a similar mindset about it. They generally feel they had no choice, that they are currently doing everything they possibly can to help themselves despite continuing to shit loaves, and that it was-is "all worth it". This attitude is in spite of mounds of evidence to the contrary that is ALL around them for anyone to see. Today's single moos represent perhaps the worst mass case of delusional thinking in the history of mankind, followed closely behind by the McMansion-moo-white picket fence bunch. These women ANNOY the hell out of me and I have a desire to slap some sense into them, even though I know it will do no good.angrily flogging with a whip

June 06, 2011
Call me nuts but I can actually see the point of those single moms who actually are the sole breadwinners, and concur that a SAHM is playing the princess shift. This woman has a man paying her way and whines about not seeing him because he is working. Single moms do have it far rougher.

However, it was a job they all volunteered for. While some may be divorced due to bad situations, all too many single moms are there because they thought getting pregnant would be the fast track to marital bliss. Instead the man runs for the hills and refuses to deal with the science project he helped create. Still, these women have choices, whether abortion or adoption. Once again they choose unwisely and then ask for pity and free shit on Craigslist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 06, 2011
This comment pissed the single moos off I am quite certain:bouncing and laughing

"I'm sure this will offend - -and yet there will be others who agree: single mothers, you had a choice whether or not to become pregnant..HELLO! I am so tired of women acting like they just woke up one day with a baby on board, and now they are left to deal with the consequnces since the man is no longer in the picture. It takes 2 to conceive - and totally preventable - if you are not wanting to be a mom anytime soon.

Anyway - clearly in America, we all use the term "single parent" to mean different things. Tiger Woods a single dad? HARDLY. He is one half of a co-parenting arrangement. Women who are raising their kids "on their own without financial support" - well shame on you if you chose to lie down with someone that would somehow fall off the face of the earth and cant be tracked down for child support?? (what??) Or if you chose to have unprotected relations with someone without a job, etc. USE PROTECTION hello"

A little off-topic but what is it with moos and their terrible grammar?

"What about the single mother's whose children............"

"My son's father only see's him.............."

I am assuming that English is their first (and probably only) language. Whatever happened to the proper use of plural 's' and correct conjugation of verbs? eye rolling smiley
June 06, 2011
Reading this is like watching a fight in an ant farm. Ridiculous and utterly insignificant.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
navi8orgirl
Call me nuts but I can actually see the point of those single moms who actually are the sole breadwinners, and concur that a SAHM is playing the princess shift. This woman has a man paying her way and whines about not seeing him because he is working. Single moms do have it far rougher.

However, it was a job they all volunteered for. While some may be divorced due to bad situations, all too many single moms are there because they thought getting pregnant would be the fast track to marital bliss. Instead the man runs for the hills and refuses to deal with the science project he helped create. Still, these women have choices, whether abortion or adoption. Once again they choose unwisely and then ask for pity and free shit on Craigslist.

QFT.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login