Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Okay...I kinda understand, now

Posted by gymrat 
Okay...I kinda understand, now
June 07, 2011
I used to really, really HATE it when the moomies would lament that their kids had the audacity to grow up! One of my cousins is guilty of this. Every time one of her kids has a birthday, the mooing and lowing commences, "stop the clock!" "quit it!" " where's my baby?" That sort of bullshit. But now, I just got this new little kitten, and every day, he keeps getting bigger, and ..damn! I wish he would stay a kitten! He is just so damn cute, and full of piss and vinegar, and so entertaining! And I know that within a few years, he'll be a lazy, sleepy, furry lump. I won't love him any less, but still...I will miss kittenhood!
Re: Okay...I kinda understand, now
June 07, 2011
I too understand the kitten fever thing, but the difference is that never has there been a kitten who was expected to become a productive member of society after he made it to cathood.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 07, 2011
kidlesskim
I too understand the kitten fever thing, but the difference is that never has there been a kitten who was expected to become a productive member of society after he made it to cathood.bouncing and laughing

Even if I do tell the two little furrorists to catch some mice of get a job! waving hellolarious

I keep waiting for buddy to ask to borrow the car...

I dunno, I like kittens but they are such a pain in the ass sometimes, playing at all hours of the night and knocking shit over, and having to be trained not to scratch and to stay off the kitchen counter, etc.

My puddy tat is 9 years old and still plays and is still funny. I love an adult cat who quietly hangs out on my lap to be petted, or who takes naps with me and sleeps with me at night, and whose household manners were instilled long ago.
June 07, 2011
Hehe. My sibling cats are 13 years old and my other kitty is probably about 5-7 years old (not sure) and they still play at all hours of the night, knock shit over, scratch furniture and jump on the counters. I think I have perpetual kittens. smiling smiley But despite their ages (and weights - hello 20-pound male and 15-pound second male), they will still play. And I love seeing them still sort of acting like kittens from time to time - it lets me know they are still energetic and healthy kitties.

But unlike human children, cats are worth it. Yeah, they occasionally puke or take a dump outside their cat box or knock shit over. For genuine unconditional love, for the snuggles, for the drooling and purring and cuddling that truly let me know they are happy and healthy being my kitties, that is worth the occasional mess. And a cat will never ever ask you for money or the car keys or what-not - mine are content with sharing a cat of catfood, some fresh catnip from the yard, sprawling out on my bed in the sun, and having someone to pet them.Not to mention they actually can make me happy too - even when my lard-ass cat sits on my chest and I can't breathe and drools all over me, I still laugh.

So yeah, give me kitties absolutely any day over brats.
June 07, 2011
I've always been surprised that some big Pharma hasn't come up with soe kind of "Peter Pan" drug that you can give your pets at a certain age to keep them small.

In our brood of four, Cambion, we also have a fatass. He's a ginger tom and he's every bit of 25 pounds. And he does NOT like to be held, just occasionally skritched, usually when he's getting his special foodon his special feeding chair.

Strangely, our youngest, one of three fosters we decided to keep, didn't get very big. She's markedly smaller, almost like a Singapura. I think she's the runt of the litter, but don't tell her that. She picks "fights" with the fat man allll the time. Fearless!
Anonymous User
June 07, 2011
The nice thing about pets is they may outgrow kitten and puppyhood, but they love you and depend on you for their entire lives. smiling smiley
No growing up and leaving home, stealing from you, dating doucebags or getting into drugs, just pure adoration for he/she who fills the food bowl and scratches them behind the ears...now that's MY kind of kid! grinning smiley
June 07, 2011
Well, I prefer grown cats to kittens.shrug
June 07, 2011
Haha whenever we have multiple cats we always have a fatass as well. Currently his name is Dustin and he thinks he rules the roost, but he's a lovely cuddly furry water bottle so he's allowed to act that way winking smiley
June 07, 2011
Got a surplus of beautiful kittens around the house right now. The momma cats will be spayed as I get ahead on $$. But in my experience beautiful kittens become beautiful cats. smiling smiley

It's really touching how my Siamese mix's kittens follow me around the house to see what I'm doing. None of them has Siamese markings, but all have outgoing Siamese personalities, including talking to Surrogate Dad (me).
June 07, 2011
I've had my sibling kitties since the day they were born and it's amazing to have seen them grow from helpless, immobile little babies to the full-grown beasts they are now. And my fatass - whom was dubbed "Rolly" - actually grew into his name. He was just a little roly-poly when he was a wee kitten and now he's like a hippo. He has earned himself the loving nickname of "land whale." smiling smiley

Meanwhile, my female seems to have her mother's size, but another cat's height. Her mother was such a petite little thing despite being two or three years old. I don't know where she fit four kittens. My girl cat is built like a greyhound - very slender, but also very long. How the hell I have this uber skinny cat that eats everything and a lardass cat that eats normally from the same litter is beyond me.

And the best part is when I think I've got my cats trained, I tend to forget it's ME whom THEY have trained. This is the only time I could ever say I enjoy having an owner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login