Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First National IVF Scholarship Program

Posted by kidlesskim 
First National IVF Scholarship Program
September 20, 2010
http://www.inciid.org/index.php?page=programs

"The INCIID Mission Statement

The InterNational Council on Infertility Information Dissemination (INCIID – pronounced "inside) is a nonprofit organization that helps individuals and couples explore their family-building options. INCIID provides current information and immediate support regarding the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infertility and pregnancy loss, and offers guidance to those considering adoption or childfree lifestyles."

INCIID has launched the first national program for IVF scholarships. It has collected more than $1.3 million in donated services for those with both medical and financial need but without insurance to cover the procedure.

It's a way to help those without insurance cover their IVF.

From INCIID the Heart: Video of the first baby born through our IVF scholarship program
On Monday October 31, 2005, the first "From INCIID the Heart" baby was born to the first couple to get pregnant from this scholarship. This video clip is dedicated to all who struggle with infertility and pregnancy loss. Warning: this is both video and audio. You'll need Windows Media Player and a box of tissues to view it...."

For those who may be curious about the counseling for "childfree lifestyles" that they mention up top, don't bother! They actually have a "childfree by choice" forum, but it's JAMMED UP with a bunch of basically childLESS dilemmas and filled with adoption topics along with fertility treatment info and woes, pregnancy loss support, etc...... It's kind of like adoption referral services calling themselves, "Pregnancy Crisis Centers".eye rolling smiley Think what OVER ONE MILLION DOLLARS in medical services for existing children would have meant for them! angry smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: First National IVF Scholarship Program
September 20, 2010
With the exception of laparoscopy, (much needed in certain instances, such as finding out you have endometriosis).

I believe A.R.T. I.V.F. .IUI and fertility drugs should be banned, heavily taxed and fined, if someone wished to do so. This shit has got to stop. It's nothing but a cash cow that is a monumental failure, and leaves the infertile Barron and broke off their asses, all the while the greedy doctor gets richer.

If they truly wanted to be a parent, they'd foster or adopt. If not, bullshit. They didn't want to be a parent, they just wanted to be like 'everyone else' and play attention whore "looket me! I'm pregnant just like everyone else!!!!" nonsense. the world 'fail' on flames

lab mom
September 20, 2010
Child-free people don't need counseling, they just need a child-free forum to rant and find like minded people. It's very therapeutic.

lab mom
September 20, 2010
Better some non-profit than my money. Although it could be an anti-charity option to motivate me toward my goals....

(If you don't know what an anti-charity is, here's an article: http://hamptonroads.com/2009/01/site-helps-new-years-resolutions-stick 80 percent of the people who choose the anti-charity as their method of giving are successful in their goals.)
Anonymous User
September 20, 2010
two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking

IVF should be illegal.
September 20, 2010
WaterLily
Child-free people don't need counseling, they just need a child-free forum to rant and find like minded people. It's very therapeutic.

It's cheaper and much more entertaining than therapy!
September 20, 2010
So I can't get any help for grad school, but these assholes can get money to help them keep overpopulating the world? Nice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
September 20, 2010
WaterLily

Oh, I am QUITE certain that their "counseling" for the childfree lifestyle is all about acceptance of being childLESS and full of guidance and helpful hints on how to "cope". They probably focus on making them not want to take a dirt bath because it's been determined that they will not be having biological replicants in their lives. It's as if the realization that NOTHING can repair the baybee oven or give duddy's little tadpoles a swimming lesson is some sort of stage of grief and has to be "worked through". I can not imagine that there are very many infertile men in these counseling sessions, unless they are accompanying a whiny wanna-moo. Men just don't seem to get upset when they can't spawn, at least not like the women. I don't know if it's socialization, some innate desire that afflicts certain women, or if it's a hormonal thing, but I have NEVER had it.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
September 20, 2010
kidlesskim
WaterLily

Oh, I am QUITE certain that their "counseling" for the childfree lifestyle is all about acceptance of being childLESS and full of guidance and helpful hints on how to "cope". They probably focus on making them not want to take a dirt bath because it's been determined that they will not be having biological replicants in their lives. It's as if the realization that NOTHING can repair the baybee oven or give duddy's little tadpoles a swimming lesson is some sort of stage of grief and has to be "worked through". I can not imagine that there are very many infertile men in these counseling sessions, unless they are accompanying a whiny wanna-moo. Men just don't seem to get upset when they can't spawn, at least not like the women. I don't know if it's socialization, some innate desire that afflicts certain women, or if it's a hormonal thing, but I have NEVER had it.

Neither have I. shrug

lab mom
June 23, 2011
^^^^ Nope hon...we're *not* the selfish ones! My folks had tried for 8 years to have their own bio-kids but were unable to. But they *adopted* instead because the truly wished to be parents. So which is more important, having your own DNA offspring, or being a *parent*(any child will do)? It sure appears to be the former for many of those who break the bank with IVF.
June 23, 2011
hope
Unless you've been there yourself...you need to shut up! You have no clue the emotional toll infertility plays on a couple.
You are the selfish one not those who struggle with a MEDICAL diagnosis of infertility. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Don't you look at a forum BEFORE you post on it? WE have not and will never "be there" ourselves because we are childFREE by CHOICE, not some pathetic childLESS wannamoo who can't live life until she grunts out a baybee. angry flipping off

June 23, 2011
The fact of the matter is that IVF cures nothing except for lack of a baybee. It is akin to cosmetic surgery.

But mandating insurance companies to cover IVF assures that women who suffer with endo and PCOS who don't want baybees get told to come back WHEN they want to get inpig.

Thanks for nothing, Bitches.
June 23, 2011
GOD FORBID ANY OF THAT MONEY BE USED TO DO ANYTHING ACTUALLY USEFUL! FUCK! NO, IT ALL HAS TO GO TO ENTITLEMOOS!
June 23, 2011
IVF should be treated like an urge for breast implants or liposuction. Small boobs or too much flab can be just as emotionally taxing as not being able to create your own little DNA replicant. So why is cosmetic surgery dismissed as a vanity and a luxury and not paid for by insurance?

Since cosmetic surgery is a luxury, IVF and its ilk should be treated this way too. It won't kill anyone to have to adopt.

(As for the illiterate moo-wannabe, who doesn't read the part that parents and wannabe parents are not welcome here, I have a hundred bucks that says hubby is not as "emotionally tolled" as she is about a failure to make a baby batter souffle.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 23, 2011
Considering this is thread mined from 2010 the troll isn't real. It's just another stupid troll with nothing better to do than to ignore her kids while being a far from original, not at all special, completely unintelligent, boorish, lame, typical, herd following, sheep like, doltish, lazy, selfish, taking MOO.

June 23, 2011
Jesus H. Christ on a Pogo Stick, what will they come up with next? a Full Ride scholarship for learning to go to the potty next? Good Grief......
June 23, 2011
thom_c
Considering this is thread mined from 2010 the troll isn't real. It's just another stupid troll with nothing better to do than to ignore her kids while being a far from original, not at all special, completely unintelligent, boorish, lame, typical, herd following, sheep like, doltish, lazy, selfish, taking MOO.

huh, I didn't even notice the date. I thought the thread was new. I guess it was just troll-necroed. Now I feel silly.
June 24, 2011
juliewashere88
thom_c

huh, I didn't even notice the date. I thought the thread was new. I guess it was just troll-necroed. Now I feel silly.

It's ok, your new to the boards. No sweat.

lab mom
June 24, 2011
I don't think anyone minds when old threads are brought back. Sure, they are mostly mined by trolls, but the trolls get removed and meanwhile we get a chance to revisit some older discussions (or read them for the first time). There's nothing wrong with adding your comments to an older thread.
June 24, 2011
juliewashere88
thom_c

Don't worry. I was just flaming the mooTroll by doing a moolike run on sentence.

Click here to login