Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos get free Amazon Prime shipping privileges

Posted by Melanie 
Moos get free Amazon Prime shipping privileges
June 28, 2011
How special. The rest of us can pay $75 or $80 a year, whatever it is, but moos can sign up for Amazon Mom and get free two-day shipping and additional discounts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200529600

Apparently Amazon counts on regular diaper purchases from these moos -- but I bet I order more than some moos would, in terms of dollars spent each month, and yet I've never been offered a customer perk despite YEARS of purchasing everything from books to electronics to text and video downloads to three frigging Black & Decker weed whips from the site. Hmm. Maybe it's time to find a new purveyor. God knows there is no shortage of online retailers.
Re: Moos get free Amazon Prime shipping privileges
June 28, 2011
I signed up for the student Amazon Prime. Totally free and I get free shipping. Although if it runs out, I'll lie and say i'm a moo. I enjoy free shipping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
How exactly do they prove your a moo and not some dude sitting at home in his underwear?
June 28, 2011
I didn't read the details.

Hmm. Must one prove one is a student to get student Prime? "I am a student of life..." springs to mind.
I never knew you had to be a moo or a student to get Amazon Prime. I am always getting a message on the site that says I am eligible for a free trial of Amazon Prime. I have never looked into it because you get free shipping anyway if you spend at least $25.
June 28, 2011
fuck the amazon prime-i got four import cds for less than 5$ off of amazon. seems someone totally fucked up a few years back and listed a bunch of imports from a distributor for 99 cents. someone trotted into progressive ears' site and posted it. everybody on pe descended upon amazon that weekend to buy 99 cent box sets, gold cds and other imports. by the time amazon got it under control, tangerine dream and ange were in the top 20 most purchased albums.

as they tried to gain control of the situation by levelling "stocking fees", i called amazon and their own associate confirmed the 99 cents price. amazon then started cancelling orders-but i and a few others called amazon and raised hell. in the end i got Nebelhexe's Laguz-Within the Lake, Bathory-Katalog, Enid-Something Wicked this Way Comes and a gold reissue of Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso's first album.
June 28, 2011
That sucks.. I've been a customer 11 years and get nothing from them for free. =/
June 29, 2011
Many modern companies ignore the loyal customer in favor of chasing the flighty customer. Therefore, it can be to your advantage to switch companies periodically.

Here, for instance, the energy companies are being very competitive at the moment. Stick with one for 10 years and nothing will happen except the gradual increase of your bill. Switch companies, and suddenly your original provider will start making all sorts of offers to get you back.

So, if you are a regular client of a company (and expect that your departure will be noticed), and you're aware that they do offer discounts or offers but not to you, go elsewhere. Or call them up and tell them that you plan to go elsewhere because you've noticed that they reward non-loyalty, and ask them what they're prepared to do to keep you.
June 29, 2011
So, if you are a regular client of a company (and expect that your departure will be noticed), and you're aware that they do offer discounts or offers but not to you, go elsewhere. Or call them up and tell them that you plan to go elsewhere because you've noticed that they reward non-loyalty, and ask them what they're prepared to do to keep you

We have to re-up the cell phone contract with Verizon soon. It's always been Dh's deal (just one phone between us, and he had it before we met) so he's been with them for 8 years.

We don't have a fancy phone, don't text, could care less about downloading music, and in general, use it for long distance (especially "local" long distance, since I don't have long distance on the home phone and his parents live juuust a tad bit too far for them to be a local/free call from the house phone) but we pay close to 50 bucks a month for 350 "peak" minutes. Any suggestions on how to wrangle something out of them? The last time he re-upped, he did so at the nearest mall kiosk, got really shitty service with snotty attitude and all we got from a "district manager" for complaining was a month of free service.
June 29, 2011
I am signed up on several freebie services, mainly free samples and coupons, that I found on moo sites. I use a LOT of baby products like oil, lotion, wipes, powder, etc......because they are not perfumed like products marketed to adults and I like the lighter scents. Also, my cats like the baby food and it makes a nice treat. Although I use my email I use on here which is kidLESSkim, they have never questioned my moo-ness. I will say I am a moo in a heartbeat to get a freebie. What are they gonna do, send someone to my house to give me a gynecological exam?bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 29, 2011
the noodler: I think it depends on the market and how much competition there is. It's worth spending a bit of time finding out what the other companies will offer you, and if it is significantly better. Then, if you want to keep the original provider, you should go to them armed with this information and tell them that you've been a customer for 8 years and would like to stay with them, but you don't like paying 30% more than you need to (or whatever the figure is).

Note that in the case you described they might not care that much about keeping you, because you are not heavy users, and heavy users tend to provide the most income. If that's the case, though, you know where you stand with them and shouldn't feel bad about shopping around to save money. There are usually websites which offer side-by-side comparisons, so you don't have to invest a lot of time in considering your options.

In general, I've found it's worth considering your service contracts every couple of years. A recent study here found that people who switch energy providers every year end up paying the least for the service, and I can't imagine it is that different in any highly competitive market.
June 29, 2011
Snark Shark
zatoth
Bathory-Katalog,.

do you have the Jubelium compilations? I LOVE the first 2 of those!!

i don't think so-gotta look it up in my collection log to see if it there's one there.
Melanie

Hmm. Must one prove one is a student to get student Prime? "I am a student of life..." springs to mind.

You need a valid .edu email to sign up for it. But on the other hand, if you can put up with all kinds of baby-related mails, you can fake them out and sign up for Amazon Mom..
If you are an alumni of a school you might be able to get the alumni email and I think those sometimes end with .edu
June 29, 2011
aya
Melanie

You need a valid .edu email to sign up for it. But on the other hand, if you can put up with all kinds of baby-related mails, you can fake them out and sign up for Amazon Mom..

A separate email can do the trick. One that has no other ties that you don't mind getting filled with kindercrap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 30, 2011
I get the amazon student one now (I'm in grad school, so I have the .edu address). I'm guessing there's no way they can vaildate the moo one though? If so, I'll use that once the student one runs out.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login