Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Babymooners

Posted by reaperess 
The Babymooners
May 03, 2011
Some parents-to-be enjoy taking vacations while the woman is pregnant. It is to get in some last-minute fun before the baby arrives. This special vacation is called a "babymoon." There are entire sites dedicated to babymooning.

I think this is ridiculous. Go on a vacation. It's a vacation, not a "babymoon." Fucking attention-whoring breeders. Even regular vacations and cruises are not good enough. They must book special babymooning packages to ensure the proper attention is paid them by everyone else. Babymoons are yet another example of the breederific "worship me" mentality.

As for the places that offer these types of vacation - kissing ass

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Re: The Babymooners
May 03, 2011
What's the point of going on vacation if you can't either drink, scuba dive, surf, or go hiking?
May 03, 2011
OH my lawd! When I read "babymooners" in the thread title, I thought it was a beach dedicated to naked-assed babies running around! This is almost as bad, though IMHO
May 03, 2011
Why would you want to go on vacation when you're fat, bloated, disgusting, incontinent, bitchy, and puking anyway? You'd be too busy being sick and miserable to enjoy yourself, not to mention you wouldn't be allowed to partake in alcohol or hot tubs or anything. Shit, you can have a babymoon right in your living room and save some money.
May 03, 2011
Or they could try not getting fucking pregnant before their wedding so they can really enjoy themselves.
May 03, 2011
I really don't see a problem with this concept. It's actually a good niche travel market, and untapped, too, for the most part. I should turn my sister in the travel agency business about it, maybe she can get a spa deal thing for her preggo clients (actually, she mostly deals with school groups - oh, the horror stories of entitled band parents I get to hear....).

If a resort wants to cater to this demographic, I don't see the problem.

Gawd, though, I can't imagine what it would be like to be pregnant during the full blast heat of summer. I'm an April baby and have a fuckton of friends and family that are April babies as well. I thought, "What were our parents thinking... fucking in August,...most likely without any A/C (back in the stone ages when you dressed up for a long distance call LOL), and then I realized, it was the smartest thing they could do to PLAN a pregnancy. You get all the bump love at giftmas time, start getting big right when the cold weather hits (although this is moot if you're in the southern hemisphere) so you can just pile on oversized sweaters, and then just before the hot weather hits, you've already popped it out and begun to heal from the episiotomy.

I dunno. Maybe our parents just got horny in August.
May 04, 2011
I wasn't aware that breeders required a reason for their conspicuous consumption, but I do wonder why they are so into the idea of a “last hurrah” (see also: "15 things to do before you have kyds"). If life pre-kids is something you mourn the passing of, why would you deliberately murder it?

I also wonder about the logistics. Is it really a good idea to fly when you're ready to burst, and will airlines even let you do that? Don't you want to be near the facility that has your "birth plan" just in case you go into labor early?

At least it is better than what I pictured, which was a holiday where you took the newborn baby somewhere to 'celebrate' it, and inflicted it upon all your fellow passengers in some convoluted game of baby-stalking. When it's still gestating, it's not making noise, and that's a win for everyone else.
May 04, 2011
Shiny
Or they could try not getting fucking pregnant before their wedding so they can really enjoy themselves.

Like most things, the answer is pretty easy. And I am really sick of fucking attention-whore breeders. Moo could just have kept her legs shut or told fiancee: "no glove, no love". Nah. Too simple for nimrods like these.

Cambion is right..they could save a shitload of money having the babymoon in their living room. Just more of their "Lookit me!" mentality.
navi8orgirl NLI
May 04, 2011
I agree that it is a marketing niche. I get great deals all the time by virtue of my employment, and several upscale Mexican resorts are offering the babymoon package (I offered to take my bestie, since she is my travel companion and pregnant--hubby likes her to get girl trips in, she said there is no point in a Mexican vacay without mega-margarita consumption.)

There is one niche that they steadfastly ignore: the single traveler. A single, CF person often has mass disposable income and can take the nice resort vacations. However, resorts, cruise ships and tours punish this person by making them take a second person, pairing them with a stranger or amping up the cost to the point that they are paying a 2 for 1 deal (cruise ships and all inclusives are notorious for this.) Why? I will eat and drink half of what a couple would so you are still making money if you charge for a single occupancy. I have never seen a resort or a cruise ship totally filled to capacity.

Do babymooners get to pay extra because they are three? Or because one of them is eating for two?

(May have to start my own resort to go with my own CF airline concept. Singles and couples and groups welcome, but only if all are over 18.)
May 04, 2011
navi8orgirl NLI
I agree that it is a marketing niche. I get great deals all the time by virtue of my employment, and several upscale Mexican resorts are offering the babymoon package (I offered to take my bestie, since she is my travel companion and pregnant--hubby likes her to get girl trips in, she said there is no point in a Mexican vacay without mega-margarita consumption.)

There is one niche that they steadfastly ignore: the single traveler. A single, CF person often has mass disposable income and can take the nice resort vacations. However, resorts, cruise ships and tours punish this person by making them take a second person, pairing them with a stranger or amping up the cost to the point that they are paying a 2 for 1 deal (cruise ships and all inclusives are notorious for this.) Why? I will eat and drink half of what a couple would so you are still making money if you charge for a single occupancy. I have never seen a resort or a cruise ship totally filled to capacity.

Do babymooners get to pay extra because they are three? Or because one of them is eating for two?

(May have to start my own resort to go with my own CF airline concept. Singles and couples and groups welcome, but only if all are over 18.)

Gay couples, too? Cause if so, The Wolf and I are so there. CF airline AND resort? It doesn't get much better than this.
May 04, 2011
My first thought was that if they are getting reduced rates and freebies over their inpigness, then what's to stop people like us from claiming to be knocked up in order to cash in on it? Then, the sickening feeling of realization struck me as I pondered being trapped in the middle of international waters with nothing but the inpig and their worshippers on board.:smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
navi8orgirl NLI
May 04, 2011
Merlyn, my airline and resort would never discriminate against any CF...couples, singles, gay, straight..I believe there is a huge marketing niche not being exploited here.

(I also see gay/lesbian couples don't count as couples at couples only places like Sandals...I contemplated taking one of my female friends as I am not dating anyone I would waste a travel pass on. Nope, has to be boy-girl.)

In the meantime, someone took this niche, so here ya go:

http://www.bluechairsresort.com/site/

(With all inclusive airline employee fares of 45 bucks a night, the price can't be that bad for people who don't work in the industry.)
May 04, 2011
If I was on the beach enjoying my fifth mojito, and a pregnant pig in a bikini plopped down on the sand beside me, smugly rubbing baby oil on her bloated stomach and fingering her distended navel, I'd probably throw up. I'd prefer to sit beside the 300-pound hairy Spaniard in a Speedo.

Also, why do gay resorts look like so much fun? Photos of tan, lovely men parading around and the promise of a "Dirty Bitches" nightclub show? How soon can I get there?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Anonymous User
May 04, 2011
A "babymoon" sounds like the equivalent of a "last meal".Probably because it IS!smug
May 04, 2011
amy
A "babymoon" sounds like the equivalent of a "last meal".Probably because it IS!smug

True Story: My best friend had her last baby under really shitty circumstances. While still married, they were separated and he was constantly picking fights with her. Anyway, she had the baby and I dropped all and sped to the hospital. Get this... I had to call her husband (and my boss by the way... long story) to tell him he had a son. He asked me to get her flowers and he'd pay me back. I refused and told him it was his responsibility. He was apparently too busy to make it to the hospital and witness his son's birth.

Anyway, that being said, before new moms leave the hospital, they get a nice lobster dinner (as good as lobster can get in a hospital) for two, to be shared with mom and the baby's father (can't just say husband these days). My poor friend ended up eating the whole meal by herself. I felt really badly for her.

And this is going into threadjack area, but it's still along this same story line... it wasn't long after that that I decided to start researching the childfree lifestyle. The day my friend had her baby, I introduced her to the man I ended up marrying. We had just met and he had just told me he loved me and I was so excited to tell her. I had just been through the wringer with a previous relationship, so to meet this great guy and have everything go so storybook perfect, while my friend is laying in a hospital bed after giving birth to a child by a man that can't even interrupt his work day to be there for the "big day". It was shortly after that when I realized I could be fulfilled by being completely loved by my partner/spouse. And he already treated me like a princess, still does, why do I need to get knocked up for a few months of spousal spa treatment? Fuck that.
May 05, 2011
When I first read the title I thought it would be an article about some moo bitching some thug-wannabe's drawers fell off and her spayshul toadler saw nonrelated adult asscheek for the first time. Sadly this isn't any better.
May 05, 2011
amy

Yup! winking smiley grinning smiley

lab mom
May 05, 2011
Noodler's story is so depressing (except the part about HER man) because it shows the risk of buying into The Big Lie without considering the risks first.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
A babymoon is a period of time that parents spend bonding with a recently-born baby.:crz

More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage.

Wikipedia Article

Welcome!

Looking for some pampering and relaxation before midnight feedings and sleep deprivation become the norm? A pre-baby vacation is the perfect answer!

Moms and dads-to-be know that luxury vacations without sippy cups and bibs may be out of reach for a while, so they’re seizing the opportunity for one last romantic getaway.:bedmadelie

Babymoon Guide

The babymoon theme song:
toomanybrats
A babymoon is a period of time that parents spend bonding with a recently-born baby.:crz I just don't get this forced "bonding" thing. It has been my experience that either you bond with someone naturally or you do not. A newborn baby, unless it suffers from genetic sociopathy, will bond with anyone who tends to it's basic needs. I fail to see why there has to be a formal and specified period of time for it and even have it's own name and all.

More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby Yeah, like a trip anywhere when a moo is about to pop will be any fun. This does go a long way in explaining the sudden surge in recent years of moos dropping loaves on public transit

Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage. Ewwww, I don't even want to know what that means. I would HATE being the massage therapist who got stuck with THAT bullshit.

Wikipedia Article

Welcome!

Looking for some pampering and relaxation before midnight feedings and sleep deprivation become the norm? A pre-baby vacation is the perfect answer! This is SUCH a breeder marketing scam right alongside the Kay diamonds and FTD roses they now expect to get from their husbands while in the whelping box.

Moms and dads-to-be know that luxury vacations without sippy cups and bibs may be out of reach for a while, so they’re seizing the opportunity for one last romantic getaway.:bedmadelie My wish for them is that they end up in a cabin on a cruise ship RIGHT NEXT to a famblee with a couple of bratty toddlers and a wailing infant. After they spawn, this is exactly what they will be exposing everyone ELSE to who are TRYING to enjoy a romantic get away, dinner, or night out.

Babymoon Guide

The babymoon theme song:

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
WHAT, pray tell, is romantic about a vacation with someone preggo??? If they didn't put this on the internet for all to see, I wouldn't know that they have to pee every ten minutes, and everything else too gross to mention. It's not romantic for the people around them when they're traveling.
June 30, 2011
Another example of the out of control child/pregnancy worship in our society.

JD
June 30, 2011
Not that every knocked up placenta brain(s) will fly, but isn't that supposedly dangerous at certain periods of knocked up-ness? (to coin a phrase)

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 30, 2011
Snark Shark
is there such a thing as an ABORTIONMOON?

"I'm NO LONGER pregnant! LET'S GO ON VAYCAY!!"

I don't know, but it'd be a more likely cause for celebration than an end of life trip.

July 01, 2011
Cambion
Why would you want to go on vacation when you're fat, bloated, disgusting, incontinent, bitchy, and puking anyway? You'd be too busy being sick and miserable to enjoy yourself, not to mention you wouldn't be allowed to partake in alcohol or hot tubs or anything. Shit, you can have a babymoon right in your living room and save some money.

i wonder how many "moms to be" wind up shark food...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login