Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Soap box derby in my front yard!angry smiley

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Soap box derby in my front yard!angry smiley
July 01, 2011
Gawd I HATE Canada day!!!:cen
Every July 1st, the road in front of my home is blocked off and starting at 8am the street is filled with soap box derby cars carrying brats right past my front door. I can see them out my bathroom, living room and dining room windows!:smn
What a racket! Idiots with megaphones, moos, duhs and brats all over all the lawns on my street including mine cheering loudly every time a derby "car" goes by....grrrrrrrangry smiley
Then once that's over with, it's all followed up with a fucking parade going right past my house, marching band and all.
But wait, there's more! Fireworks down the street will scare the bejeebuz out of my poor dachshund tonight, causing him to attemp to climb onto my head, poor baby.sad smiley
It sucks to live on a parade/soap box derby route!!!:sbx
Re: Soap box derby in my front yard!angry smiley
July 01, 2011
My condolences--what a godawful sound to have to put up with. Do these people also leave litter everywhere? I am imagining candy wrappers, juice boxes and used disposable diapers strewn in a garbage swath along both sides of the derby route.
Anonymous User
July 01, 2011
I'm afraid so, although luckily I've never found any diapers, Thank Dog!!!
Although one year after the Santa Claus parade,(also marches past my door, BTW) I did catch Santa himself pissing behind my van in our driveway!!!:hs
July 01, 2011
Don't you love the mentality that because it's a holiday, you can drop all consideration you otherwise had for your neighbors? I'll have people in the neighborhood letting off fireworks from 2pm-2am, no doubt, even though there's a strict burn ban and we've already lost two local firefighters to wildfires this month. And even though we're in a rural area and most people have horses and other livestock that will be scared shitless from the noise. I expect to be up late that night, even though I need to be up early the next morning, because I'm quite sure I'll have four dogs in the house, two of them clinging to me for dear life because they don't like loud bangs.
July 01, 2011
I am SO sorry for your nightmare!friendly hug

Around here in the hills of Kentucky we will start getting home made fireworks going off tonight and they'll start shooting guns too after they get good and drunk. This will go on from tonight until they run out, which is usually a day or two after the actual holiday. So, I can look forward to the bullshit for about 4 or 5 days. EVERY year a hillbilly and/or his kid will make the local headlines because they have blown one of their hands off or put out an eye.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 01, 2011
Someone was letting them off here in rural north FL just on Tuesday. I'm just gonna cross my fingers and pray none of my horses run through the fence Monday night.
Anonymous User
July 01, 2011
Oh man, people have no idea how terrifying they can be to animals!!!Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
My mom's neighbour had a VERY pregnant mare bolt because of fireworks, she ran straight through the fence and took off.
Luckily she only needed a few stitches and the foal survived.:emoheart
July 01, 2011
You should get your hands on one of these:
July 01, 2011
What kills me is that there is a HUGE FW show put on by the county every year by the lake. Why not go and see that for free instead of shelling out cash on shitty do it yourself stuff?
July 01, 2011
Every fifth of July means I will be outside picking up pink bottle rocket sticks that the mouthbreathers next door fired. This year I'm gonna play pick-up-sticks and then toss them in their pool.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 01, 2011
Every year I am SO grateful for the fireworks ban in our county. It's been in place for almost 20 years now. It was started mostly because of the extreme fire danger around here this time of year. There are a few scofflaws who thumb their nose and light off some small shit, but it's NOTHING like it was when we lived in Oregon. The FD also provides a phone number to call to report violations.

I like a good fireworks show as much as the next person, but like someone said, there's a big show put on downtown. Go see that instead of scaring all the poor pets, burning down the neighborhood, or blowing your hand off (and wasting health care resources because you're an idiot). cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
July 01, 2011
In the suburban areas where I live, the trashy breeders and redneck drunks LOVE to set off fireworks, even if they live in the nicer areas. The next day the neighborhood streets look like bears knocked over a garbage can full of candy bars and cigarettes. Unfortunately fireworks are only illegal in the "incorporated" area of my county. I live in an unincorporated area so fireworks sales tents can be found every other block and there's even a big one at the mall across the street from my house - which wasn't fucking there last year. Things are getting worse every year. :d'oh

Last year I was at the house of a guy who was (until he PCSed to Oklahoma) friends with my boyfriend. Some of the neighbors were shooting off fireworks, I stayed inside with the doggies who were scared. Boyfriend kept coming inside to ask me if I was OK and why I wasn't outside. Frankly I can't stand the stench of sulfur, fireworks, or matches and I don't like the noise either. It was just a bunch of boring dumbasses standing around drinking cheap beer and goggling stupidly at the fizzles and their annoying brats running around like crack monkeys. Nothing to see here! Plus the dog's owner (BF's friend's wife) was way grateful to have me sit with her dogs. Frankly maybe me and the goggies would have been happier holed up under a bed.

Buying your own fireworks and smelling up the neighborhood with shitty little pissant bottle rockets and Roman Candles just strikes me as SO fucking stupid and cheap. There are several professional FW shows here and plenty of places to hang out and watch them. DIY is a waste of money and isn't in the least entertaining.

4th of July is my least favorite holiday. Can you tell? Who fucking needs it. I'd much rather go to a military airshow (or something) to celebrate the holiday if I have to celebrate it, and then later watch a pro fireworks show from FAAAAR away. Far enough away that I can't smell it.

I mean, how the fuck does it even make sense to celebrate American Independence Day with a Chinese invention and by trashing your neighborhood and getting sloshed on PBR?
July 01, 2011
I hate unorganized fireworks. They leave litter behind on the street, and they cause problems for nocturnal wildlife.
July 02, 2011
Working Monday. Brushing up on the burn and amputation protocols.

toomanybrats
You should get your hands on one of these:

that is just too awesome for words! i want one!
July 05, 2011
I remember being a kid during the fourth of July celebrations, and most of the time we were at my grandma's lake cottage along with my aunt and three cousins. What always made me paranoid was when we'd (all us kids) would light up sparklers and do the normal running and twirling them, but some of my cousins would put them in the ground, and here's my paranoia: stepping on a white hot metal rod after the sparkler burned out.

Of course, I always wore shoes, but I still remember having a healthy fear of fire and hot metal.
July 05, 2011
In one apartment building I used to live in, two little girls were playing with sparklers. One girl, who had a lit sparkler, threw it into the dumpster that was located in the underground parking. The dumpster caught on fire and began to burn! It was eventually put out by firemen, but the smoke from the burned trash filled up the building halls and apartment units.
The fire department had to use fans to blow the smoke out, and some of the units suffered with smoke damage. It was pure fortune that someone managed to push the boiling hot dumpster out from underneath the building, or the whole damned thing could have gone up in flames!
The girls fessed up to throwing the sparkler in the dumpster, and seemed genuinely sorry for causing the blaze.
I hate fireworks with a passion. They're noisy, dangerous and it seems that only idiots like to play with them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login