Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

World's First IVF Lottery:cen

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
World's First IVF Lottery:cen
July 06, 2011
World's First IVF Lottery I'm at a loss for words right now. This is making me seethe with anger.angry smiley
Re: World's First IVF Lottery:cen
July 06, 2011
If you can't afford IVF you can't afford a baby. This is sick.
July 06, 2011
I think this may have a predecessor in "the oldest form of gambling" - insurance.

Has more irksome angles as well; pool participants pay for others choices.

What of people who run up debt for IVF and then default? Those losses are spread amongst others.

Considering it that way, maybe it's a good idea to let them roll the dice among themselves.

Why is it really unseemly?

What if they formed a co op and traded whatever labor they could at an IVF clinic/office *for* the IVF? People probably wouldn't find that weird.

Whining wanna -whelps usually do not think of such practical ideas though, and prefer to bleat about unfairness.
July 06, 2011
KitsNotKids
If you can't afford IVF you can't afford a baby.
THIS.

And considering how IVF increase the risk for developmental problems that makes the unaffordibility even higher. Normal kids are expensive and frankenloaves cost even more.
July 06, 2011
KitsNotKids
If you can't afford IVF you can't afford a baby. This is sick.

This. Exactly.
July 06, 2011
Or maybe cut the baybee in half like in that old fable? smile rolling left righteyes2

Srsly, we already have problems with overpopulation, welfare hos, foster children, social problems, pollution, poverty, blah, blah! angry smiley
Anonymous User
July 06, 2011
Seeing this happen only makes me think of the Vietnam War draft lottery of the late '60s and early '70s.

What will they think of next? A "compulsory" baby lottery for childless/childfree couples of a certain age whose dates of birth or initials are drawn out of a barrel? When your number comes up, you have to breed?! I can imagine something like this happening if America continues on its current, breederific path. Horror of horrors!
July 06, 2011
Never mind that they could, I don't know, ADOPT!

lab mom
July 07, 2011
I fail to see how this raises any more ethical debates. IVF is immoral; what does it matter if you gamble about it?

The bit I like is that if they sell lottery tickets at £20 each that means that there are 1250 people who are trying to get IVF and only one of them will.
Lavender Dreams
July 08, 2011
This will just create more taxpayer mooches. Greedy fucking breeders. angry flipping off
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login