Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Half of young men don't want to date moos

Posted by Dorisan 
Half of young men don't want to date moos
July 26, 2011
Well, duh

As men grow older, the attitude becomes more accepting (or resigned?).
Re: Half of young men don't want to date moos
July 26, 2011
Interesting. I would think that the older a man gets, the less likely he would be to date a woman with kids unless, of course, we're talking about older men dating women with adult children who are no longer dependant on moo. I only made the mistake of dating a duh ONCE and I've never done it since. Single parents are damaged goods.
July 26, 2011
Looks like I'm one of the men in that half. I also agree with you Dorisan; I highly doubt that they become more accepting of moos and their feral brats, just more resigned. I'm also in the other margin of men mentioned in the article: I would DEFINITELY LOVE to get a dog (I want a corgi so badly). Dogs are better than kyds. Brats don't even come close - end of story.
July 26, 2011
Dorisan
Well, duh

As men grow older, the attitude becomes more accepting (or resigned?).
I think so. Plus there's the older they are it seems the more likely it is that most these men will have fathered at least one brat...there are some hypocritical duhs who wouldn't date moos but most of them realize that beggars can't be choosers.
navi8orgirl NLI
July 26, 2011
Aesirson
Looks like I'm one of the men in that half. I also agree with you Dorisan; I highly doubt that they become more accepting of moos and their feral brats, just more resigned. I'm also in the other margin of men mentioned in the article: I would DEFINITELY LOVE to get a dog (I want a corgi so badly). Dogs are better than kyds. Brats don't even come close - end of story.

Although I am a Pug person, I love Corgis. Good dogs.
Anonymous User
July 26, 2011
navi8orgirl
Although I am a Pug person, I love Corgis. Good dogs.

Hmm... if I got my shit together, a Husky or Irish Setter. Setters have a great temperament and Huskies require a lot of patience because they're sooo energetic (and smart)! But from what I understand positive reinforcement training is successful.
July 26, 2011
Unfortunately, as an old broad myself, I've found that aging people are often willing to give up on their beliefs and sell out simply for comfort's sake. They can become lazy, boring and resigned, which is why I have few friends my own age. It is the second wave of depressing things that people allow to happen to themselves, the first and worst being the lie of parunthood, of course.

I'm not sure younger people are doing much dating these days anyway. There seems to be a lot of social networking and then hooking up. They will "date" when the marriage and baybees -go- light flicks on.
Anonymous User
July 26, 2011
I myself will never, ever again date a guy with a kid.

The last one thought it was funny that she was a rude-ass little shit, and they were both shocked when I put her in her place... multiple times. I will never again let it be my job to teach someone else's little shit MANNERS, and that there are things that you just don't say to adults, without getting popped in the fucking mouth, for it (I didn't smack her, but ohgod, she had them coming - I was just very short, curt, and obviously pissed, and it scared her, I think).

It's perfectly okay to be someone who's childfree and NOT want to date/marry someone with children. We shouldn't have to apologize for not making mistakes that led others to single parenthood.

Mind you, if I was out looking for dates, right now, I'd be running into scads of men my age with multiple marriages and children under their belts, and would immediately discount all of them, vastly decreasing the odds of finding someone. HOWEVER, I'd rather be picky and end up with someone like myself, than with someone who swears that just because you don't have a kid, you're not a full-fledged grown-up, and that you also have no right to discipline a kid when they clearly overstep boundaries.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login