Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Friday afternoon at the mall

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Friday afternoon at the mall
August 13, 2011
Yesterday I had a couple hours to kill between appointments. The second appointment was at Lenscrafters inside the Tucson Mall, so I spent the time walking around the mall and going into various stores. Holy shit it was depressing.
To begin with, I could not believe how many kyds were there. A few years ago I heard a news report about how births are up in all age groups, from teens to 40-somethings, and women who in the past would have had 1 or 2 kids are now having 3 or 4. I saw proof of it yesterday. A few people were alone, there were some couples or groups wigthout kids, but the majority were people with kids. Quite a few preggos too.
Just to kill time I looked at clothes and accessories in several stores. Same trendy shit everywhere. I only saw one necklace I seriously thought about buying (in Macy's). Otherwise the stores were pretty much interchangeable, and all but the large department stores were playing crappy trendy music. This is why I stopped going to the Tucson Mall several years ago, all the damn stores were the same.

There has not been a bookstore there since Waldenbooks closed at least three years ago. Now Borders is closing at the mall on the east side. I know bookstores are struggling because of Kindle and similar devices, but I can't help suspecting fewer people than ever are interested in reading.

Fortunately the optometrist at Lenscrafters was good and I found some glasses I liked. The whole process took a while and it was about 7 p.m. when I left the mall. It was more crowded than ever with breeders and brats.

Fuck our sheeple culture. What the hell happened to American individualism and freedom?
Re: Friday afternoon at the mall
August 13, 2011
I've always said that when you go into a shopping mall, there's no way to know if you're in Tucson or Philadelphia -- they all look alike, have the same stores, the same food courts, and the same zombie families wandering around. I detest the mall. It's almost as bad as Walmart.
LauritaR
August 14, 2011
I hate crowded malls too...the best time to go is an afternoon on the weekday if/when you can--you get the entire place to yourself. No strollers, breeder-bitches, or tween swarms. thumbs upwink
Anonymous User
August 14, 2011
Shopping malls here in Australia are the same too. Endless rows of stores selling rack upon rack of exceptionally bland cookie-cutter crap with all the diversity of a pile of black, charcoal or ebony burqas. The top-40 dung blasting from the store stereo system is fucking distracting and annoying as well.

You will also see a mindless parade of overweight parunts - with a collective IQ of 90 - badoomph down the corridors with multiple sproggen in tow, with at least one of them whining its fool ass off for ice cream or a ride in one of those lame-ass, coin-operated things that go back and forth and stop after two minutes.

I haven't been to a mall in years for those reasons, and mainly shop at vintage outlets or specialty online shops for what I want these days.

All malls are the same. The "chic" and "sophisticated" Chadstone Shopping Centre in Melbourne calls itself "The Fashion Capital", yet it mostly offers the same mediocre crud at jacked-up prices and attracts cashed-up bogan rednecks like flies to a horse's ass. That's how it was when I last went there. There's hardly anything outstanding, interesting or individual that really catches your eye.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/no-one-gets-out-alive-20091020-h6yh.html?skin=text-only
August 14, 2011
I work across the street from a massive mall, so people always assume I go shopping there. That's a negative, for all the reasons you good people have mentioned.

(I would go if the chocolate store wasn't buried in the middle, forcing me to run the gauntlet of moos, teens and rubbernecking tourists.)

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 14, 2011
I order what I can online. If I need to go to Macy's, it's an anchor store, so I only go there and I'm out vs. going to the rest of the mall. Evenings after work or when they first open seem to be the best times.
August 14, 2011
lonecretin
attracts cashed-up bogan rednecks like flies to a horse's ass

"Nobody likes a bogan"
August 14, 2011
nokids4me
I order what I can online. If I need to go to Macy's, it's an anchor store, so I only go there and I'm out vs. going to the rest of the mall. Evenings after work or when they first open seem to be the best times.

I think the idea of malls is becoming outdated as we move for better or worse away from bricks and mortar. I order most stuff online but I do spend money at a wonderful little downtown boutique my friends own. They have an eye and choose beautiful one-of-a-kind clothes, selling for very reasonable prices. Nothing you'd find in a mall. My basic style is very plain, usually black hose/skirt/jeans/tops but add e.g. a stunning long burgundy tunic vest from the boutique and suddenly it POPS! It's also my go-to place for gifts. But a mall, filled with overpriced sweatshop cookie-cutter stuff? Zero appeal; I haven't been to one in years.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2011
With everybody on the mall shit. Went out to Penn Station to get Mom's Amtrak tix to Canada (she'll be holidaying for 2 weeks thumbs upwink) and shopped at the closing Borders and B&N. B&N is doing quite well (think Goldman Sachs), don't you think? As for the Kindling shit, absolutely not. People just aren't reading (unless it's Twifuck) because as all these high-functioning retards that are prolonging the species are relying on the Nox Noise Channel and ShitEater.com for the latest "newz", trends, and celebutard gossip. Our debt has been downgraded, yet there's SO MUCH construction and money being poured into public works and "health care" (Mom temps at a ghetto hospital and sees all the pork waste). Yet unemployment is at an-all new high. So much money was being spent around Herald and Times Squares, it's like everybody's developed anencephaly. Do people remember what happened nearly three years ago? Do people give a shit about the future? Maybe we do, but I think we're alone now.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2011
Presenting: The future of the mall.

http://deadmalls.com/
August 15, 2011
Miss_Hannigan
I work across the street from a massive mall, so people always assume I go shopping there. That's a negative, for all the reasons you good people have mentioned.

(I would go if the chocolate store wasn't buried in the middle, forcing me to run the gauntlet of moos, teens and rubbernecking tourists.)

I think I know which one you're talking about and the only reason I go there is because there is a Frederick's of Hollywood, Aerie (I like their panties, they're super comfy and reasonably priced) and a Rainforest Cafe. My fiance and I went to the mall while I was recovering from my hysterectomy, I was in a wheelchair due to not being able to walk long distances yet, we also couldn't take the chance of some yuppie moo bitch and her brat running into me and knocking me over. I was wanting to check out the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale. My fiance was being a HUGE help, wheeling me around (obviously, lol), placing the bins within my reach, helping me search for sizes, etc. Only the "older" people (like people in their 30's and older) moved out of our way, assisted me in looking for my size, etc. The younger teeny boppers (who were also dressed like skanks) would NOT move out of our way, gave us dirty looks when my fiance placed a bin within my reach/said "excuse me" poilitely, because how DARE he actually help someone who is (temporarily) disabled instead of letting their self-centered asses go ahead of me when I was there first. Moos with strollers were also bad, because apparently a stroller trumps someone in a wheelchair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
August 15, 2011
Snark Shark
CF_Amy
Moos with strollers were also bad, because apparently a stroller trumps someone in a wheelchair.

could we get popular support to BAN strollers? because I would REALLY love to.devil with smile

I think we should just ban kids at certain times instead. Let the breeders make each other miserable, let the CF have the evenings. The breeders can take mornings until about 4 or so, 7 days a week. After that, no kids or mandatory day care at the front doors. Hell, I'll pay for some breeder moo's crotch dropping to sit in day care so I don't have to trip over it and it's SUV stroller.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login