Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, Good Luck with that

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Well, Good Luck with that
October 02, 2006
A couple of months ago I went to the bank to do banking stuff (duh). I'm usually pretty chatty with the girls that work there. One of them is a youngish girl, maybe 19 y/o.

She seemed a little "bloated" and I said something along the lines of "I see you got a little bump going on there"...or something like that. She swore no, she's not pregnant, and I felt pretty badly about it. In fact, I went next door to the store and got a box of brownies for all the girls.

Well, last week, I stopped in to cash my paycheck and I went to the same girl, and lo and behold, she's in quite the delicate condition. BTW, there is no ring on the finger.

I mentioned to her that I knew it! She smiled and said that when I first noticed, she hadn't told anyone yet and was trying to keep it quiet.

After I finished my transaction, I put away my money and just said "Well, Good luck with that". In other words, I didn't congratulate her for having a child out of wedlock at a young age. I didn't hear any mention of marrying the babydaddy either.

She'll be gone as soon as the kid is born, on permanent SAHMoo leave, just as the last girl that got preggo at that bank did.
Re: Well, Good Luck with that
October 02, 2006
An unmarried moo is going to need all of the "luck" she can get! There is a chance that she will be back to work at the bank as the boyfriend of his kid's moo is not going to support her. Men who don't marry their pregnant girlfriends tend to have very little respect for these women. Why buy the milk when you can get the moo for free? It is harder to collect on brat support payments when not married. If the man's last name does not go on the birth certificate -- something these single moos do believing it will somehow insult the guy...but it kicks THEM in the butt when trying to get child support, it is harder to collect as DNA needs to be done if Daddio says the baby is not his. I remember one feminist say in print how it was awful how the early feminists did all of this hard work and now we have nothing to show for it...except girls getting knocked up.
October 02, 2006
"i put away my money and just said "Well, Good luck with that""

Yup, that's pretty much what I say whenever anyone lets me know they're preg. It's kind of funny to see their little faces fall when they don't get their 1000th "congratulations" or "good job". I mean, can I honestly congratulate someone for doing something that doesn't even require a modicum of thought?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 02, 2006
She was trying to keep it quiet? I love that. And just how long do they think they can hide it? What an ass.
October 02, 2006
My mom has sort of been on me to send a card to my stepbrother and his little wifey since the baby has been birthed. My mother is not normally into those infants but is only trying to be nice to her late husband's sons. You know me...I cannot fake anything. So far, no card has gone out. I just do not want to do it.

If I am asked again, I will mail a card just to make my mother -- who supports my CF life -- happy. I will not buy one of those "congrats for your d*ck and p*ssy working" things but get I will get a "good luck" card. Ooh...the latter actually sounds funny...and I may get one when I go out later to peruse books at Borders. bouncing and laughing
October 02, 2006
Hehe...just get a blank card. Then you can write whatever you honestly feel...
"good luck with that"
"enjoy youselves, you've done something anyone with functioning genitals, and many people without, have already done"
"don't make your kid stupid"
"thanks very little. you've added another mouth to an already over taxed planet"
"enjoy your constant reminder that feces happens"
"i hope your kid isn't a disappointment"
"you smell like poo, that's why I won't visit you"
"if you ever need a babysitter...don't call me"

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
CFBitchfromLA
October 02, 2006
How will she keep her repuggo belly hidden? Keep wearing larger and larger clothing until she has to buy fabric from the tent and awning supply?

ITA with Darshan...she is destined to be a single moo, and probably of the martyr variety. Few, if any, ever get married and most end up with a FOTW (fuck of the week) if they are lucky. Very few men want to deal with a single moo, since they are always second in the relationship (or third), behind the brat(s) and household appliances.

Any bets on how bitter she'll end up? Probably bitching that men won't date her.
October 02, 2006
Most men also do not want to put up with the assh*le that the single moo had that baby with because it is a problem to deal with the daddios. The sperm donors tend to be nasty, abusive louts who only use that child to cause problems.

Feh, your ideas are great! I will have to stick with the "good luck with that" to keep peace in the family. The last thing I need is for my stepro's wifey squalling that I was not "nice"...even though she felt too good to meet me when I was out there in '03 visiting.
October 02, 2006
Feh, do you have any more good ideas about the card? I was lazy and never got to Borders today. Tomorrow will be the day. "Good luck" sounds good but I want another goodie yet I don't want any complaints going my mom's way...because she would have to deal with the wailing daughter-in-law. I am trying to be nice which is hard for me in this situation... tongue sticking out smiley
CFhistorian
October 03, 2006
"thanks very little. you've added another mouth to an already over taxed planet"
"enjoy your constant reminder that feces happens"
"i hope your kid isn't a disappointment"
"you smell like poo, that's why I won't visit you"
"if you ever need a babysitter...don't call me"

FTW!
October 03, 2006
*SIGH* My cousin from MA emailed me today - this is the cousin I'd drive up to see on a whim and hang out for a weekend, shop, act silly, fuck off, etc.

She's due mid-January and I guess is starting to really jump on that "pay attention to me - I'm repugnant" bandwagon. Her email was aaaaaall about the baybee shower she's helping to plan - for herself. "You should see me - I look like a beach ball." Very attractive. Not one mention of hubby or how *excited* he is or any of that shit. Only word was how they recarpeted 2 bedrooms and hubby insisted on using the same color in the rooms because they saved a lot of money. Very key. Why do I not get a warm fuzzy feeling about this?

Thank the Gods I won't tbe attending the baybee shower. My nephew's 3rd birthday party is that weekend. I'm in hell either way so I may as well stay local and endure the suffering. It's much cheaper.
Anonymous User
October 03, 2006
My APW friend just informed me that her baby shower is "co-ed", and that she hoped my DH would be attending with me. I didn't know how to tell her that he'd rather have his eyeballs removed with spoons than attend. I told her that baby showers, by rights, are estrogen-laden affairs, with lots of OOHS and AAHHS and not the place for men. She then goes on to say that that is the reason she is making it co-ed, because SHE doesn't go for that stuff either.

I call bullshit.

My DH helped her and her DH move into their new place when she was only about 4 months pregnant, and every five minutes, she announced that she couldn't do this, or that, because, you know, "I'm Pregnant". She rubbed her fat belly when she was 4 weeks pregnant. She refused my generic antacids because they weren't Tums, they have to be Tums, because, "I'm Pregnant". Every five seconds, "Im pregnant, I'm pregnant....ad nauseum". Don't even get me started on the whole "I want to be a vegetarian because of how the animals suffer, but not until I have the baby, because, it's hard to go veg'n when you're preggnnnant" crap.

She's having a gift grab, plain and simple. I'm contemplating getting her and her DH a fifty dollar gift certificate to the restaurant of their choice (I'll ask her DH what that would be) and a night of free babysitting care of yours truly. Now THAT is a gift from the heart, considering my CF/Fencesitting status at the moment (I can't really say I'm truly CF at this time. I believe that would be an insult to all you good folk who ARE CF).

She's the type that thinks Stork Parking is the best thing ever, because her feet swell because she's pregnannnt. Then stay the fuck home!
October 04, 2006
India,
maybe you could write something like...
"may you enjoy your new addition"
"hopefully your lives together are happy"
it's pretty non-commital, sends a subtle message that you don't wish to be involved and doesn't give them much to complain about. Not that breeders get subtlety, but it's subtle so maybe they'll get it on a subconscious level.

And about pregnant women who can't do anything because they're pregnant? BULLSHIT. The reason why some pregnant women have all sorts of health problems is because they do nothing but lie around and hope for other people to do everything for them. Unless you are directed by a doctor to not engage in physical activity, you can pretty much go about your life as normal for the first few months of pregnancy. My mother was a full time waitress until a few days before I was born. My PNB friend worked two jobs until 2 weeks before the due date, and still managed to go to the gym every couple days on top of that. The "I can't do that because I'm pregnant" excuse is a crock of bull that probably does more harm than good, in most cases.
October 07, 2006
Thanks, Feh! I just went out and got a nice blank card for my stepbrother and his wife. I wrote how I heard the baby was born and said, "Good luck with that & I hope your lives are happy." I sure as heck did not want to do the congrats bit. Sending a card was more than enough since I only did it under duress. My mom is the best so I did not want her to get any flack about me being the usual "me". Since my stepbro married this pedigreed woman, he has been really snarky to me since I am "different". tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
October 09, 2006
Update on the shower gift:

I spoke with APW's DH last night and told him about my idea for a gift certificate to a local restaurant of their choice plus the free babysitting. Neither of them EVER go out to eat, as they do look on it as an expense they can't justify (and I can appreciate that). He LOVED the idea and is going to get back to me as to which restaurant they want it for. I am going to do a fifty dollar GC plus the babysitting.

So NO Babies 'R Us trip for me, thankyouverymuch! In fact, I may even have a drink at the restaurant while getting the GC!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login