Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FightCPS.com

Posted by surfinbird 
FightCPS.com
September 03, 2011
Another sparkling debacle created by the "Village".

From what I saw on that site, there are 2 types of people getting their children removed. One type of person are obviously shitty parents who are either neglectful, drug addicted or abusive.

The second type are people who have had CPS called on them by unknown sources for their children supposedly falling out of trees and generally acting like stupid kids, where the CPS informant "feared" for the children.

Where was all of this child removal and CPS intervention 20-25 years ago?
Re: FightCPS.com
September 03, 2011
I've been to that site before, and people used to bitch a lot in the guestbook. Occasionally, alleged social workers would show up and tell them they have it all wrong and that CPS is only doing what they feel is in the child's best interests. Cue the angry Moomies screaming that CPS is the Gestapo and they make tens of thousands of dollars for every child they "steal" and "sell" to a new home.

One story on there I recall from some time ago was about a woman who couldn't figure out why CPS took her child. They did so because the child was left by her in the care of Moo's boyfriend (don't know if it was the kid's father). Said fuck of the week left the child alone in his apartment - he couldn't be arsed to watch it because he was out murdering someone. Yes, Moo left her kid with a murderer and she felt her anger at CPS "stealing" her child was justified.

CPS does not just take kids for shits and giggles or because they get big fat bonus checks for every child removed from his or her bio parents. The Moos on this site often are (as you said) abusive, neglectful, addicted, or are shacking up with someone who is one or more of those things. They lie by omission and make it sound like they have done nothing wrong and it's just the big mean protective services kidnapping their kids. And they give each other advice like, "Don't EVER let a social worker into your home, even if they have a warrant. Don't tell them anything because they'll twist what you say and use it against you in court." and so forth.

In short, these morons feel that CPS is legalized child abduction and that they strike and destroy completely innocent, loving families with the sole intent of breaking those families apart.
September 03, 2011
My mom worked in the local county CPS office as the switchboard/receptionist. Basically, the first person you see, and she had to work behind a glass, bullet proof window. She saw a LOT of crazy stuff. The social workers were usually overbooked, and the kids, especially the smaller ones, would often get upset when the doocebagTM parents would have their supervised visits at the office, holding onto the foster parents for dear life. A touching moment was when she saw the foster parents pick off all the dirt and grime off of the child's clothes after the visit.

I don't know how she worked there for so long (not like thirty years, but at least seven before retiring and moving out of state with my dad). She also worked at a drugstore as a pharm tech after she left the CPS place, and would see many of the "clients" and their "paramours" out and about and getting their schizo refills. They usually almost always sported some neck tattoos almost as prerequisite.
September 04, 2011
I've had to refer clients to CPS, and I didn't do it because I get a kickback, I did it because my clients were being neglected.

It's not like I wanted them to be taken from their "God-given" parents, as this website like to say, but at the same time, I can't turn a blind eye to parents who won't do the right things for their kids, either.
September 04, 2011
Maybe it has to do with where you live, but I don't really trust CPS. We've had a handfull of cases where CPS come in, takes the kids, and puts them with foster parents who kill them. One case had to do with a woman who'd had several visits by CPS, but no removals. She wound up setting 3 of her kids on fire.

The one case I know of personally happened to a work friend of mine. CPS was called on her (she had no clue by who) for neglecting her kids or some BS. They saw she had a pit bull (VERY sweet dog!) and took the kids until such time as she was willing to "put the needs of her kids first" and dump the pitty in the pound. Instead, she asked me to take her temporarily. CPS came back a few times, and after a month they were convinced and let the kids come home. They moved a couple of hours out of that CPS district, with the dog. Blew me away.

Maybe it depends on the social worker or local politics, I don't know.
September 04, 2011
Are these lunatics fucking serious???
September 04, 2011
chicken lady
Maybe it has to do with where you live, but I don't really trust CPS. We've had a handfull of cases where CPS come in, takes the kids, and puts them with foster parents who kill them. One case had to do with a woman who'd had several visits by CPS, but no removals. She wound up setting 3 of her kids on fire.

The one case I know of personally happened to a work friend of mine. CPS was called on her (she had no clue by who) for neglecting her kids or some BS. They saw she had a pit bull (VERY sweet dog!) and took the kids until such time as she was willing to "put the needs of her kids first" and dump the pitty in the pound. Instead, she asked me to take her temporarily. CPS came back a few times, and after a month they were convinced and let the kids come home. They moved a couple of hours out of that CPS district, with the dog. Blew me away.

Maybe it depends on the social worker or local politics, I don't know.

Sounds like CPS by you has a bullshit caseload. The CPS caseload here is full of actual abuse and neglect.
September 04, 2011
The thing is though, once the kids are removed, they go into the foster care system which by all accounts isn't much better and in some cases it's worse. No one wants to adopt a gaggle of 3 or more 1/2 hodge-podge siblings either who likely will have emotional problems, at the very least. Removing kids from abusive homes is a Bandaid for the root of the problem which is too many people breeding when they shouldn't be. This is one main reason I am "for" mandatory sterilization of ALL people after a second loaf has been shat or sired. If the supply of children was less then the demand for them via adoption would be greater. That, and there'd be a more manageable number of kids for CPS to reasonably place in a good home.

Most of these breeders who are regulars within the CPS system are breeding for the welfare check anyway. REMOVE the monetary incentive and a lot of this would take care of itself. The money sent to welfare whores should cease IMMEDIATELY and be funneled instead into orphanages, which need to make a comeback. With the kind of cash that's sent out to welfare whores each month, there could be some fully staffed state of the art facilities for kids taken away by CPS with trained people on the payroll such as doctors, nurses, teachers, counselors, nutritionists, etc.........

It is ludicrous that the government would send ANY moo-cunt cash to manage for the very kid who she doesn't care for properly. I honestly believe the best answers are a combination of 1)Mandatory sterilization 2)The return of orphanages, and 3)REMOVE the monetary incentive to continue loaf shitting and toss these crack head bitches onto the streets with nothing but the clothes on their backs and let them fend for themselves in a shelter or on skidrow. If they didn't get freebies like housing, food, and extra pocket money, perhaps they'd shape up. If not, at least their kid(s) won't suffer.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 04, 2011
Goodbye sane world. You will be missed. :headbrick
September 04, 2011
kidlesskim
The thing is though, once the kids are removed, they go into the foster care system which by all accounts isn't much better and in some cases it's worse. No one wants to adopt a gaggle of 3 or more 1/2 hodge-podge siblings either who likely will have emotional problems, at the very least. Removing kids from abusive homes is a Bandaid for the root of the problem which is too many people breeding when they shouldn't be. This is one main reason I am "for" mandatory sterilization of ALL people after a second loaf has been shat or sired. If the supply of children was less then the demand for them via adoption would be greater. That, and there'd be a more manageable number of kids for CPS to reasonably place in a good home.

Most of these breeders who are regulars within the CPS system are breeding for the welfare check anyway. REMOVE the monetary incentive and a lot of this would take care of itself. The money sent to welfare whores should cease IMMEDIATELY and be funneled instead into orphanages, which need to make a comeback. With the kind of cash that's sent out to welfare whores each month, there could be some fully staffed state of the art facilities for kids taken away by CPS with trained people on the payroll such as doctors, nurses, teachers, counselors, nutritionists, etc.........

It is ludicrous that the government would send ANY moo-cunt cash to manage for the very kid who she doesn't care for properly. I honestly believe the best answers are a combination of 1)Mandatory sterilization 2)The return of orphanages, and 3)REMOVE the monetary incentive to continue loaf shitting and toss these crack head bitches onto the streets with nothing but the clothes on their backs and let them fend for themselves in a shelter or on skidrow. If they didn't get freebies like housing, food, and extra pocket money, perhaps they'd shape up. If not, at least their kid(s) won't suffer.

If anyone who I was IRL, I would probably lose my nursing license, but I agree with you 100%.
September 05, 2011
In my area, there has been more than one case of CPS getting reports of abuse, investigating the family, and finding nothing wrong. Later one of the kids dies at the hand of the parent. One in particular that got a lot of local coverage was one where the family had been investigated multiple times, nothing was done, and the kid died when it's mother slammed it's head into a wall.

I'd like to know what these people say about that.

JD
September 05, 2011
I've been called by a CPS person regarding children of relatives, asking if there's been abuse in the home. Thing is, I' don't know what constitutes child abuse anymore. I know they aren't whipping the kids or feeding them dog food, but what about yelling at them all the time and military-style discipline? Maybe that makes me one of the relatives that just "look the other way" but I think removing the kids would do more harm than good.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Anonymous User
September 05, 2011
With the utter collapse of parental discipline, I'd have to see parents getting pretty darn strict with their offspring before I called CPS.
September 05, 2011
I think several posters have brought up good points re: foster homes. A lot of them aren't any better than the homes the kids are taken from. Some are even worse. That's one of the reasons that the "selfish" bingo makes my blood boil. What's selfish is having kids one can't properly care for. Where are all the bingo assholes when the abuse is going on?

It's also one of the reasons I think abortion needs to remain legal and accessible. There are already too many unwanted kids in the world, I don't think creating more helps anyone.
Anonymous User
September 05, 2011
nokids4me
It's also one of the reasons I think abortion needs to remain legal and accessible. There are already too many unwanted kids in the world, I don't think creating more helps anyone.

The problem is that abortion, even with the MILLIONS of operations done alread, is counteracted by our welfare state. A middle- or upper-class woman who aborts usually learns her lesson about safe sex and at least TRIES to not have an unwanted pregnancy again. But the lower classes breed 2-3 replacements for each one they abort on average. Why? Because they get paid to do so 77 ways from Sunday!

We desperately need what a friend called a 'time-child limit'; go on the dole and you can't claim more kids than you have @ the moment you apply (adoptions exempted) for at least 5 years or so. No increase on dependent claims otherwise during that time. If you get preggers the only thing you get is a voucher for a free operation (and NOT in cash for doG's sake!) and a bus ticket to the nearest clinic.
September 05, 2011
Here's a personal story about wee Julie.

My siblings and I were taken away by CPS once. When I was 11 years old, my mother, my brother, my sister, my friend and I went to a crowded park at midnight. The park was on a hill and had a clear view of the Centennial Bridge over the Mississippi river miles away, where there would be a fireworks display to celebrate the new year. We were all sitting on a blanket in the snow, and I was sitting on my mother's lap.

Somewhere else in town, some idiot was celebrating the wrong way, firing a gun skywards, either unaware or uncaring of the fact that what goes up comes back down. Just after the show began, I caught a 9mm bullet in my shoulder. It went all the way through. It was, at the time, the worst pain I'd ever felt and for a few seconds, all I could do was scream, unable to tell anyone what was wrong.

But that pain was nothing compared to being taken away from home, away from my family when I needed them most. My brother, sister, and I all got sent to separate foster homes. This, I could have forgiven had it only been for a day or two, long enough to clear everything up. But it didn't. My parents couldn't possibly have done it. My father didn't know that we were out, and I was in my mother's lap in a park full of witnesses, and no one in my family even owned a weapon. Yet we were held for weeks. We were told that our parents did it and they knew it.

Our innocent parents while never charged with anything still had to take mandatory parenting classes and pay thousands of dollars in legal expenses to get us back. Even when it did finally come time to go home, the CPS workers pulled me into an office in my temporary school, telling me that I was going home with a grim tone like they were diagnosing me with cancer, and telling me to "get rid of the gun," ignoring me when I said that our family didn't own any.

CPS was fucking wrong, in my case. That is a time to fight them. But that makes me disgusted that other people, people who deserve to have their kids taken away, would act like their story is like mine. CPS is not a perfect organization. I know that better than anybody. But I know why CPS exists and I'm damned glad that it does.
September 05, 2011
not=
nokids4me

The problem is that abortion, even with the MILLIONS of operations done alread, is counteracted by our welfare state. A middle- or upper-class woman who aborts usually learns her lesson about safe sex and at least TRIES to not have an unwanted pregnancy again. But the lower classes breed 2-3 replacements for each one they abort on average. Why? Because they get paid to do so 77 ways from Sunday!

We desperately need what a friend called a 'time-child limit'; go on the dole and you can't claim more kids than you have @ the moment you apply (adoptions exempted) for at least 5 years or so. No increase on dependent claims otherwise during that time. If you get preggers the only thing you get is a voucher for a free operation (and NOT in cash for doG's sake!) and a bus ticket to the nearest clinic.

Actually, poor and lower-middle class women can't afford abortion care. Even done early it can still cost upwards of $500 and medical insurance rarely covers it. The Hyde amendment blocks federal funds from going towards abortion coverage and many states have similar restrictions.

Birth control, especially more reliable forms, have similar problems. Sure, a birth control pill prescription may only cost $30, but bless you if you've never had to make a decision between birth control and food, or other bills. Want something more reliable like an IUD? Forget about it.
September 05, 2011
When I was around 17-18, I had a friend of the same age who got knocked up by her boyfriend who was 10 years her senior. She married him and they both lived on welfare. My friend had the baby, a boy, and since I've always been quite good with children and I knew a lot about caring for them, I would visit them often and try to help out any way I could. Truth be told, I was worried about that child from the start; duh was a complete idiot, proud of his dishonorable discharge from the military and didn't work because he was holding out for a job that paid a lot but involved very little work. He spent his days in front of the TV. My friend the moo, although nice, wasn't very bright at all. When the baby was about three months old, my friend started handing out resumes, realizing welfare just doesn't cover the expense of raising a child. Duh had told her many times that her income, if she got a job, would go towards his cigarettes, beer, and other recreational shit. :headbrick She never did get a job.

Anyway, back to the point of my story. The conditions they lived in weren't suitable for an adult, let alone a baby. The house was always dirty and unkempt, the cat litter box in the kitchen was always in nasty condition and stank up the joint and because they only had one bedroom, the baby's crib was kept in the living room. They had no problem with smoking in that room, right next to the crib. The baby would cry a lot...of course. That's what they do. The duh would try to quiet him with a bottle...if the kid wasn't hungry, he would force the bottle down his throat. He would try and burp the kid but he'd pound on its back way too hard...with rings on. He would spank it for crying....a three month old. It made me very uncomfortable and my friend wouldn't do anything about it. Would it be considered abuse? I didn't know at the time...but I did know he was way too rough on such a young child and if this is how he dealt with an infant, what did he have in store for the kid once he was older? My mother watched the kid for an evening once when we all went out. She told me she'd never encountered a tense, stressed-out baby in her life. His muscles were incredibly tense and he screamed until they gave him a bath (his parents rarely bathed him) and put him down in a dark, quiet, smoke-free room. One night, I dropped by and it was business as usual. Duh forcing a bottle down the screaming child's throat, 'burping' him hard enough to hear in the next room and at one point, shook him out of frustration!!!! Not hard, but definitely alarming. My moo friend sat idly by and just let it all happen. At this point, it wasn't unusal for her to say she didn't want to be a mother anymore and when people would comment on how cute/beautiful her son was, she'd just roll her eyes and express her disagreement. Mother of the year. I told her that if I EVER saw duh being rough with the baby again, I'd call CPS. It took one last visit for me to see things were getting worse, and I called. I was young at the time....if I was presented that situation today, I'd definitely react much sooner.

The woman I spoke to on the phone kept questioning my claims as if I was lying. I was surprised because it seemed they were reluctant to believe that I was sincerely concerned. I kept insisting that I had no ill will, I was just speaking up for someone who wasn't able to speak up for himself. They eventualy made a couple of visits, but I don't think anything was ever really done. The moo & duh never figured out I was the one to call, but I stopped speaking to and hanging out with them. Last I heard, she shat out a few more loaves. They never had a chance.

September 06, 2011
juliewashere88

Birth control, especially more reliable forms, have similar problems. Sure, a birth control pill prescription may only cost $30, but bless you if you've never had to make a decision between birth control and food, or other bills. Want something more reliable like an IUD? Forget about it.

Well, there is - oh such a taboo subject to bring up - abstainence. But what horror to have to go without sex for awhile!openmouthed shock
Anonymous User
September 06, 2011
mr. neptune
juliewashere88

Well, there is - oh such a taboo subject to bring up - abstainence. But what horror to have to go without sex for awhile!openmouthed shock

Yeah, the "I want it now" generation doesn't like to wait for anything, for any reason, for any length of time. I wonder how in the hell people survived before you could get your intrauterine parasite removed at-will.

Combine way too few restraints on teenagers with the attention span of a hummingbird on crack and you've got a recipe for disaster.
September 06, 2011
mr. neptune
juliewashere88

What do you mean? As long as you have a hand and the internet you're set:

mr. neptune
juliewashere88

At the clinics in my area, condoms are given out free and if a woman is on Medicaid, she can get free birth control pills too. I don't know how it was 20 years ago, but they can get FREE birth control now.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 06, 2011
kidlesskim
mr. neptune
juliewashere88

At the clinics in my area, condoms are given out free and if a woman is on Medicaid, she can get free birth control pills too. I don't know how it was 20 years ago, but they can get FREE birth control now.

You're assuming that the wold works as it should. It doesn't.
Not everyone can use condoms due to allergies, condoms aren't 100% effective, not everyone is on medicaid who should be, not everyone lives near enough to a clinic or has transportation to one, not everyone can get through the mob of screaming misogynists that are frequently outside, not everyone knows that they even can get free condoms that way, not everyone has proper sex education, not everyone is able to obtain condoms due to overbearing parents or abusive partners, and not everyone is asexual and aromantic.
Free condoms at clinics is GREAT! But it isn't enough to completely fix the problem and I really think that it's unfair to look down on poorer people with classism from our comparatively privileged position and delegitimize their very real problems.
I think that mandatory sex-ed in schools and free birth control coverage with health care reform a great steps in the right direction, as are building more clinics and protecting them from terrorists. But truthfully, although it's easy to dismiss the poor as irresponsible, it's not always the case and it's not fair to make such judgments on so little information.
Kelli
September 06, 2011
I use to know a girl that lived in a fairly good foster home and when she was given the choice of staying there or going back to her real mother she chose to stay with her foster parents. Sure, foster parents may not always be perfect, but their better than some entitled moo who thinks she can do no wrong to her "precious" loaf just because she pooped it out. Thats why we need CPS despite their flaws because some parents are too blinded by pronatalist rabies to see their own abuse and neglect.
September 06, 2011
mr. neptune
juliewashere88

Abstainence [sic] is popular with the crowd that like to tell others what to do with their bodies and how to live their lives in general. If one is a parent, perhaps the topic of abstinence would be appropriate for them to speak about with their adolescent child[ren], but since this board isn't about parents or for parents, but, rather, a group of ADULTS making a huge decision about the paths their lives take down. And some of them want to get laid, nemermind their current and/or out of marital relationship.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login