Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yet more "character building"

Posted by thom_c 
Yet more "character building"
September 03, 2011
http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21005280077634/

Police crack down on crime at youth football games

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21005280077634/#ixzz1WxDTeyBQ
vid at link:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police are beginning to crack down on alleged illegal activities that reportedly occur during youth football games in South Florida.

The Fort Lauderdale Police Department recently created "Operation End Zone" in an effort to combat drinking, gambling, drug use and other illegal activities that may take place at local youth football games. Fort Lauderdale Police Detective Deanna Garcia said, "There was some accusations that there could possibly be narcotics, alcohol violations and gambling."

As part of the operation, the department has begun to increase its presence at the games, which occur at local parks like Mills Pond Park in Fort Lauderdale. "I was wondering why they were here. I thought they were looking for somebody," said one parent, Ayona Johnson.

The issue of gambling at the games was made national after ESPN aired a story on the South Florida Youth Football League. "If you get a video camera and you walk around and you only show what you want to show," said coach Darion Gray, "you make anything look like it's an epidemic, if that's what you're looking for."

Fort Lauderdale Police created "Operation End Zone" as a result of the ESPN story. Both uniformed and non-uninformed police officers will appear at the Youth Football League games to ensure that the games are safe for all spectators. "We are here to create a safe and orderly environment for our youth," Garcia said.

rest at link

Yeah, well, when your home life revolves around drinking, craps, dominoes and dealing drugs - why not just do it at Junior's game also?

the world 'fail' on flames
Re: Yet more "character building"
September 06, 2011
At this point, between the pahrunts drinking and gambling and dealing drugs at games, and pahrunts losing their shit and going nuts on each other and beating the crap out of other pahrunts, and the fact that these events are largely a complete waste of time for everyone involved considering that 1 in a few thousand kyds even makes a name for himself in college before fizzling out let alone make the big time, I'm beginning to think that this whole youth sports thing does way more harm than good - especially considering that some kyds find it a detrimental experience either physically or emotionally because their Win At All Costs loser pahrunts push them to succeed so the famblee can finally get out of the ghetto without anyone else having to get a degree or work for it, either that or WAAC pahrent did absolutely nothing with their life and now wants to live their own vicarious glory days through the poor brat.

Oops, longest sentence ever LOL!!
September 06, 2011
law1204
At this point, between the pahrunts drinking and gambling and dealing drugs at games, and pahrunts losing their shit and going nuts on each other and beating the crap out of other pahrunts, and the fact that these events are largely a complete waste of time for everyone involved considering that 1 in a few thousand kyds even makes a name for himself in college before fizzling out let alone make the big time, I'm beginning to think that this whole youth sports thing does way more harm than good - especially considering that some kyds find it a detrimental experience either physically or emotionally because their Win At All Costs loser pahrunts push them to succeed so the famblee can finally get out of the ghetto without anyone else having to get a degree or work for it, either that or WAAC pahrent did absolutely nothing with their life and now wants to live their own vicarious glory days through the poor brat.

Oops, longest sentence ever LOL!!

I played football as a kid and still do, although not in an organized fashion. I love the game. I love the contact. Of course now that I am older I tend to love it just a little less the next morning when I'm sore as hell, but I digress.

When I was a kid (1980s) we played sports because they were fun and good exercise. And that was basically it. I don't ever recall my parents or any of my friends parents ever uttering the words "scholarship" or "NFL" or anything along those lines. I also don't recall them lambasting referees or pretending that we were playing in the Super Bowl. I think some of these parents are in an absolute fantasy world when it comes to the expectations they hold of their children. They're delusional and would be better served investing in lottery tickets rather than counting on Junior to make it big in the NFL. Of course knowing them, they're probably buying lotto tickets as well.
September 07, 2011
And don't forget, if you don't like a referees call, you can beat the shit out of him. (anyone see that video?)
Of course, there are other factors at play here, but I won't.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login