Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1891: Damned Heelie Shoes

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1891: Damned Heelie Shoes
October 02, 2006
Theresa, I hear you! I HATE HATE HATE those damned things with a passion. Whoever invented them needs to be found, tied to a stake, and then all of us can come and stone him/her to death. I wish public stonigs were still allowed.

A few months ago, Catdaddy was in the hospital. I could not believe it when I saw brats zooming up and down the hall past his room with those damned things! Jeebus, is NO place sacred, not even a HOSPITAL? I know I ranted about this before, but I still can't believe that this was actually ALLOWED!

Those things should be outlawed. There is NO good reason for them. If you want to skate, put on a pair of skates. Skates are banned in many places, with good reason. You skate where skating is allowed, and walk everyplace else. Simple as that!

But these heelies look just like regular shoes, so no one can tell at first glance that they have wheels in them. So brats can get into anyplace wearing them, and then, when they are zipping around on them, no one bothers to kick them out.

Whoever invented those things deserves to die a slow, torturous death.
Re: #1891: Damned Heelie Shoes
October 03, 2006
I've b*tched a lot about those "heelies". I also believe they should be banend in public places. In the day of my sproghood, no one would even THINK of wearing roller skates in a mall, school, hospital, or any other public place. I am with the ranter about how I also want to trip one of these little b@st@rds and then act like *I* almost fell down...even though hurting other people has never been my style. What gets me, like the ranters said, is that these sprogs' moos don't even give a d@mn about these brats behaviour.
October 03, 2006
I love it when an offending sprog is fucking around and gets injured. Nothing pleases me more.
CJ
October 03, 2006
Wow, I guess I've been lucky. Can't say that I've ever seen those "wheelies" in my neck of the woods. But then, we are in the boonies!
CFBitchfromLA
October 03, 2006
Those fucking heelie things were on every brat in my doctor's office while I was on chemo. His office shares a common area with a family practice group, and those brats and their fucking noise, dirt and irritation with those things drove me nuts.

Just once, I wish some brat would not be able to stop on the damn things and sail right out of a window. Make that 33rd storey window.
Anonymous User
October 03, 2006
I hear all of you on this one. I've had a few near misses with these bratscum myself. They all need a nice tight clothesline to run into. Next time I may just let one plow into me & complain to the manager to have them kicked out.

Or better yet, I'll claim I'm preggo THEN complain to the manager, since that seems to be the only way to light a fire under anyone's ass these days.
October 04, 2006
Hehe...just carry a small amount of pea gravel, or cat litter, in your pocket. Throw a bit in front of someone who's wheeling along, and it'll stop them like nothing else.
Or just let them run into you, it's not like a kid'll do much damage. Then you get to complain to management, and see a kid fall on it's stupid ass.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
October 04, 2006
I'm an avid rollerblader and must admit that I rollerbladed to just about everywhere when I lived in Hillcrest in San Diego 6 years ago. HOWEVER, I did take my skates off and put on shoes when going into a store and I sure as hell wouldn't wear them in a HOSPITAL! The only exception was the local Whole Foods market, where the manager at the time didn't have a problem with adults rollerblading in to pick up a loaf of bread as long as you didn't knock stuff over (yes, I actually asked him this to his face before I came in as I saw a couple of other people coming in on rollerblades). I have a feeling this was an experience unique to California, as I did see a couple of other adults rollerblading to/in Whole Foods in Hillcrest, but I've not seen it elsewhere and have not done it elsewhere either. I have seen kids in heelie skates whizzing around into traffic in parking lots, into walls, people, etc. and boy they are out of control!
CFScorpio
October 04, 2006
Are they called "heelies" or "wheelies"? This thread is confusing. Wheelies seems like it would make more sense, but what do I know?
Theresa
October 05, 2006
The shoes are called Heelies, b/c they have a roller skate wheel in the heel of the shoe.
October 05, 2006
We don't have those here. I'm so glad! Probably just a matter of time, though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login