Advanced

Another Classic "Dear Abby"

Posted by johnnybsterile 
Another Classic "Dear Abby"
September 24, 2011
DAUGHTER'S THIRD PREGNANCY CROSSES THE LINE FOR PARENTS
09/24/2011

This is soooooo pathetic! smile rolling left righteyes2

DEAR ABBY: Our daughter "Bree" has just announced that she's pregnant with her third child. Her other children are 1 and 2. My wife and I are in our 60s and provide child care three days a week, while the other grandma baby-sits for two days. We also pay for preschool and swimming lessons, as well as cook dinner for them on the days when we baby-sit.

Bree and her husband do not earn enough money to support even one child. We know we'll be expected to finance college for the children. When we agreed to help out, we asked them to promise they would not have more than two kids. This third one will cause us to use up our savings, increase our child care responsibilities and take us into our 80s to continue helping. Is it wrong to feel used? I am very depressed over this. -- OVERWHELMED IN SAN DIEGO

DEAR OVERWHELMED: Your depression is understandable. If you don't draw the line now by telling your daughter you can't handle baby-sitting three small children and this wasn't part of the bargain, she may hand you a fourth or fifth to take care of.

You should not sacrifice your retirement savings in order to finance your grandchildren's education. There are other options than your paying for it. The responsibilities you have assumed were not yours in the first place. If you don't insist your daughter and son-in-law stand on their own two feet, you will wind up old, broke, and living on Social Security with nothing to supplement it because your savings will be gone.

He's out of his mind to give up his retirement savings for this. With enabling mentality like this no wonder these moos and duhs feel "entitled.

jbs

Re: Another Classic "Dear Abby"
September 24, 2011
They asked them to promise they'd have no more kids.

waving hellolarious

Suckers.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 24, 2011
Amethyst
They asked them to promise they'd have no more kids.

waving hellolarious

Suckers.

How much you wanna bet these geezers begged for grandchyldrun in the first place? Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it and then some.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
September 24, 2011
Because everyone knows: You can *ALWAYS* trust a promise from a moo, since they're soooooo mature and responsible! /sarcasm
September 24, 2011
Just say No to grandchildren
September 24, 2011
I saw this same shit with my ex husband's sister, brother's and HIS one kid which is a TOTAL of 8 kids, only they weren't of the white trash variety. His parents "waited" to spawn at a time when it wasn't popular until they were late 30's, this being in the 1950s'. Hence, they were in their early 70's by the time they were retired from the Air Force and Civil service to become full time baby sitters. NEVER have I seen any group of spawn use and abuse their parents. It was obvious the mom didn't care much for it, but they both literally baby sat ALL of those kids, took them to swim lessons, art lessons, school, you NAME it and they did it. Their house was a fucking daycare center, 24-7.

This whole time their lazy fucking kids were off on week end trips, going gambling, fishing, golfing, goofing off, etc..... I was appalled by the whole thing. I always wondered WHY they didn't say anything, but it wasn't within the famblee dynamics to even ask, so I didn't. It was apparent though that it was a burden. "NOT I", said the cat.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 24, 2011
However much it costs to raise your own brats from 0 - 18, you'll still be paying astronomical sums of money on THEIR kids.

The solution for these grandpahrunts is to move to another country.
September 24, 2011
Hopefully the kids will continue the cycle when they're grown...ensuring payback.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 24, 2011
Whoever came up with that "Who'll take care of you when you're old?!" bingo needs to see this and stuff it.

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
September 24, 2011
I see this happening at my condo complex all of the time.

Older, retired boomers pushing strollers and wrangling brats all week. They look totally miserable. They *wanted* grandchildren, however they fail to realize that Moo and Duh don't want to give up their careers and pre-baby lives to have them. So, I say....

:bedmadelie
September 24, 2011
Even if the grandparents wanted grandkids, it does not justify the parents using the grandparents as a subsidized child care and college fund. If I were the grandparents, set up an untouchable fund, such as one if those college IRAs to put some money into as a gift TOWARDS college, but beyond that, nothing else. That way, moo cannot use it for her nails or crack habit. Then I would tell moo once the first kids start school, she will need to find someone else to watch the other kids. Gives her 2-3 years to get her eggs in order.
September 24, 2011
I would not pay preschool and shit if I could not afford it.

Snark Shark
"My wife and I are in our 60s and provide child care three days a week, while the other grandma baby-sits for two days. We also pay for preschool and swimming lessons, as well as cook dinner for them on the days when we baby-sit."

THAT, Y'SEE, IS THE PROBLEMO, RIGHT THARE.

quit paying for your GRANDBRATS and providing free BABBYSITTING SERVICE EVERYDAY!!!!

some people are SUCH SUCKERS.

"Bree"

Breeeeeeeeeeeeze! waving hellolarious

" We know we'll be expected to finance college for the children. "

WHY???

" Is it wrong to feel used?"

well, no, since, you see, YOU ARE BEING USED. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
September 24, 2011
What's the old saying about how people treat you the way you let them? I really have no sympathy for the grandparents. Feeling used? End the free ride. It's that simple.
September 24, 2011
Sew that money-wasting hole SHUT! :mad2
September 24, 2011
If I were the parents, I wouldn't fund ANY of their college educations now that they broke the promise and had 3 kids. =/
September 24, 2011
heh heh heh. this is the kind of story should be shown to any parents bugging their kids to give them grandchildren.

OKAY, OKAY, IT'S YOURS AFTER IT'S BORN!

spread meme, not genes

to my uterus: Y U NO GET THE FUCK OUT FROM MY BODY?
September 24, 2011
And where does it say that the grandparents are required to do all of this? If they nagged for grand-shits, then they deserve this, but if they didn't, then why are they letting it happen? What's the worst to come out of the situation if they say "no more?" They might not get to see the grandshits anymore? Oh fucking noez! The horror!

A friend's sister is kinda sorta going through the same thing...Sister got knocked up at 17. She's now I think 36 or going to be. Her own daughter got married at 16, shit a loaf at 17 just like her Moo, and now the dumb cunt is pregnant again. She just shat her first loaf last year. And I think Sister, Dumb Cunt's Husband, Dumb Cunt's Brat, Sister's Husband, and Sister's two other kids are all living in the same house. From what I know, Sister is also caring for Dumb Cunt's first brat and she will more than likely have to care for this new one.

Two kids before age 20. What a waste of life - her own and her kids.

That's what you get for letting your kids walk all over you - they will take advantage of you and expect you to be full-time on-call charity baybee-sitters and you best pony up for whatever toys or extra-curricular shit the grand-brats want/"need." Why's it the job of the grandparents to jump in and save the famblee? I say let them live in poverty, let them get the kids taken away, cut them off financially and hope they learn a goddamn lesson. Friend's Sister should do this too - kick Dumb Cunt and her equally dumb husband out and let them make it on their own. Surely if they're grown up enough to have kids, they're grown up enough to care for themselves. This goes for Bree's dumb ass too.
September 25, 2011
pittstonjoma
If I were the parents, I wouldn't fund ANY of their college educations now that they broke the promise and had 3 kids. =/

The thing is- it's not the kids' fault mom and dad are douchebags. Tell moo and duh the free ride is over and any money meant to go to the kids should be put into accounts where the grandparents are custodial so it is designated only for the kids and what they need and moo and duh can't bleed them dry. if it is not in the funds, it won't be spent on the kids. Or have the funds as college money to be put toward the college-if college will cost 50k$ and the fund has 10k$, then the kids have to find a way to get the other 40k$. But do not go into debt or take away from money needed to spend the rest of your life on because moo and duh are lazyass mooches...
Anonymous User
September 25, 2011
My response would've been:

Dear Overwhelmed,

Why do you continually buckle to the pressure of your inconsiderate daughter and her semen-spouting husband? I haven't seen this much buckling in a traffic safety video. The fact is your weakness does nothing but encourage your brood mare of a daughter to squeeze out more work for you to do as you progress in age. Do you really wish to be changing diapers at the same time someone is changing yours?

Put your foot down and cut them off. It's not a hateful measure, it's a necessary measure. If not, continue shelling out your har-earned savings for swimming lessons and daycare. For your sake, I hope your grandkids don't ask for ice skating or violin lessons. It's expensive, demanding and time consuming. I have no doubt you'll cave to your grandkids' wishes since your daughter's wishes are adeptly granted by you at your own expense.

Please send me your home address so I can promptly put a spine in the mail for you.
Anonymous User
September 25, 2011
zatoth
any money meant to go to the kids should be put into accounts where the grandparents are custodial so it is designated only for the kids

I have a better idea - Granny & Granddad should take that money they worked hard for & spend it on themselves doing whatever they please.
CFBitchfromLA
September 25, 2011
"Bree"? As in brie cheese? Even though it's probably an alias, did the grandbreeders really name their selfish cunt daughter after a cheese? Why not "Cheddar", "Stilton", "Roquefort" or "Mozzarella"?
Anonymous User
September 25, 2011
I could actually see Stilton and Roquefort happening.
September 26, 2011
I suspect that Bree's parents have been letting her run over them and get away with murder her whole life and that this behavior is just a continuation of that. The parents somehow got the idea that if they were just nice enough and gave in enough, that she'd one day spontaneously start behaving like a barely-decent human being. She's a super-spoiled brat breeding a second generation of super-spoiled brats. Now they've realized that they can't keep this up forever because the money is eventually going to run out, and they have no idea how to say "No."

Reminds me of two girls who used to live in my neighborhood. They absolutely terrorized their parents. They wouldn't hesitate to scream, swear at and insult their parents in front of people. One of them once threw a phone (a real phone, not a cell phone) and hit their mom in the face, giving her a black eye. Both of them slammed and kicked the doors to their rooms so hard so many times that they'd had to be replaced. But these girls were given cars and designer clothes and allowed to do just about whatever they wanted. I think their parents thought they could somehow appease them into good behavior. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if those girls' parents are in the very same situation as Bree's right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login