Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo trying to sell Missoni for Target rain boots on eBay for $31k

Posted by herbalgeek 
Moo trying to sell Missoni for Target rain boots on eBay for $31k
September 27, 2011
I don't know who's the bigger idiot; the moo, who bought all this shit at Target to try to finance her daughter's college education, or the person that would pay $31k for something that originally retailed at $34.99.

Tammy Lyn, of Tulsa, Okla., is listing a pair of the designer's rubber rain boots on eBay for $31,000. The proceeds, she claims, will cover her daughter's first year in college.

"We have lived frugally and have some savings, but like most Americans, it's just not enough to cover college, retirement, and life at this point," she explained. "Missoni mania looked like the perfect opportunity for a miracle."

The boots, which are a size 10, boast the classic Missoni multicolor zigzag pattern and retail for $34.99, but are currently out of stock in Target stores and on Target.com. Other current listings on eBay for the rain boots range from $60 to $100.

Lyn says she bought the boots in a Target store near her home and is hoping to turn them into an instant college fund for her youngest daughter who is a freshman.

The "Buy It Now" price, which includes shipping, is roughly the equivalent of her daughter's college tuition for one year, says Lyn. To cover the tuition in subsequent years, Lyn has set aside several Missoni for Target shower curtains, toss pillows and scarves.

Uh, haven't 529 savings plans been around for awhile? Yeah, I know what she said above, but the kid would be probably about 15 now. We haven't been in a recession for the last 16 years, which is approximately the amount of time Moo has had to figure out how her daughter was going to go to college. In all this time, what the fuck was Moo spending her money on? Tickle Me Elmo? Furbies? Ever heard of community college for the first two years?

My, but this reminds me of the stories I heard about people who used to buy tons of booze and then have a party with a cover charge so that they could pay the light bill. The stupid, it hurts.
Re: Moo trying to sell Missoni for Target rain boots on eBay for $31k
September 27, 2011

Tammy Lyn, of Tulsa, Okla., is listing a pair of the designer's rubber rain boots on eBay for $31,000. The proceeds, she claims, will cover her daughter's first year in college.

"We have lived frugally and have some savings, but like most Americans, it's just not enough to cover college, retirement, and life at this point," she explained. "Missoni mania looked like the perfect opportunity for a miracle."

The boots, which are a size 10, boast the classic Missoni multicolor zigzag pattern and retail for $34.99, but are currently out of stock in Target stores and on Target.com. Other current listings on eBay for the rain boots range from $60 to $100.

Lyn says she bought the boots in a Target store near her home and is hoping to turn them into an instant college fund for her youngest daughter who is a freshman.

The "Buy It Now" price, which includes shipping, is roughly the equivalent of her daughter's college tuition for one year, says Lyn. To cover the tuition in subsequent years, Lyn has set aside several Missoni for Target shower curtains, toss pillows and scarves.

This is just another way that some breeders have thought of to try and scam hard-working people out of their money. I don't think anyone would be so stupid as to buy a pair of $35.00 boots for $31,000 but they can always hope that some bleeding-heart multi-millionaire will fall for their sob-story.
Why didn't they think of daughter's education ahead of time, rather than try to concoct schemes to take other people's money away from them? There are also these things called student loans...but (headslap) I forgot, those have to be PAID BACK! I guess moo is hoping for a free ride for her little princess.
They are just such a greedy bunch of fuckers. I hope that ebay bans these idiots for misusing the site.
September 28, 2011
herbalgeek
I don't know who's the bigger idiot; the moo, who bought all this shit at Target to try to finance her daughter's college education, or the person that would pay $31k for something that originally retailed at $34.99.

Yeah, people commonly pay $31K for a pair of boots. This is as stupid as idiots buying Beanie Babies as an "investment." As another poster said, try community college for 2 years and then transfer--many universities will honor those credits, if you check beforehand, and give a university degree after the other 2 years of study. And if she's buying all this fad crap like a consumer lemming I really doubt she's living "frugally" at all. Living frugally means NOT buying designer "shower curtains, toss pillows, and scarves," none of which is necessary. Idiot.
September 28, 2011
and what is her stupid brat majoring in? general studies? screw that! 9 years ago, my entire education at a technical college cost me 12 grand. and that included all my books and uniforms for my clinicals. now I make over $71,000 a year. you do the math! Even if the tuition tripled since then at my technical college, it still is a much better value than regular college. Unless that kid is a genius and is going to study rocket science or neurosurgery, most people have no right going to these super expensive colleges for some stupid pointless degree. I x-ray a lot of BU students, and at 20 grand a semester of something stupid like that, way too many of them have no aim or direction for themselves. they are just going to college for the sake of going to college. what a waste.

oh yeah, and it cost ME that, not my parents. stupid entitled kids whose parents give them everything. grow up and be responsible for yourself. I didn't get anything for free once I started working except room and board. Once I graduated and started working full time... guess what? I paid rent to my parents. I didn't know it at the time, but they saved it and gave it to me when I got married, but still. it taught me a lot. I moved out on my own into a cute tiny apartment for not too much more than what I was paying.
September 28, 2011
Snark Shark

HOWEVER, as sellers are charged partially on the STARING PRICE of their item, she could get a BIG ebay bill even if the thing DOESN'T SELL.

The insertion fee for a Buy It Now auction is fifty cents. If the boots sell, the seller would have to pay a percentage of the $31K in fees.

Reference: eBay Fees
September 28, 2011
and I'm sure she'd piss and moan about how ebay is stealing from her child's fyooooture!
September 28, 2011
Look under the bed - there's probably 500 Beanie Babies propping it up.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 28, 2011
I don't care if the name on it is Yves Saint Laurent, if it comes from Target it's cheap, mass produced crap. That's like these people that buy stuff from the Vera Wang line at Kohls and then act they just returned from Fashion Week in NYC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
September 28, 2011
We buy and sell a lot of merchandise, and the one thing you have to keep in mind at all times is that it doesn't matter what "they" say something is worth -- it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. We know lots of people who have things, they've looked them up online, and crow "this is worth $2000!" Only if that's what you can get for it, idiot. This idiot moo and her $31,000 boots should be ridiculed and kicked off eBay for flagrant stupidity. Why doesn't her kid get a fucking JOB to help pay for its education? Ohhh nooo, we can't expect our delicate little flower to work for her education.
September 28, 2011
LoveToLurk
I don't care if the name on it is Yves Saint Laurent, if it comes from Target it's cheap, mass produced crap. That's like these people that buy stuff from the Vera Wang line at Kohls and then act they just returned from Fashion Week in NYC.
THIS.

I guess this bitch is too stupid to realize that for $31K people could buy pairs of Misssoni rain boots at regular price and still have lots of change. Why would someone pay in the high-end pricepoint range for a low-end priced, lower quality item? At that price you're not getting real Missoni because the same detailing and quality that goes into the products they're known for; it's like that with every *Fancypants Designer* for target collection.
September 28, 2011
Big designers only stay on with mass producers for a year or two. I have a couple of Isaac Mizrahi/Target pieces and they are well made, but nothing like the actual designer's stuff (which I also own.) Isaac only stayed on for a couple of years. I am about to donate them to the consignment store, but probably won't get all that much.

As for this moron, her auction appears to be gone. There is one for 10K which was a charity one, until I read the description....and it was 10 percent to charity and the rest going to debt and vacations and consumer goods.

And 529s have been around for at least as long as this kid has been alive. Let her take out loans or work/study like the rest of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
September 28, 2011
Gods, where the fuck is this brat going to college that it costs $31K+ a year? That's more than a friggin' Ivy League college. My school was $24K a year and that didn't include $2100 a semester for shitty housing.

Is the daughter's credit somehow that awful that she can't take out student loans? A vast majority of people use them to get through school. Also,I don't see any mention of a Duh, so if Moo is broke-ass and single/divorced, her brat could get some grants. If they're anything but white, if any family member was in the military, if they can look at their family tree and find someone who is a distant relative to a Native American tribe...she could get grants. I'd say scholarships, but if Moo is begging for money on eBay, odds are the girl is a dumbfuck and couldn't get a scholarship if it landed on her.

Geez, there are community colleges where you could attend the entire 2-4 years for less than the one-year cost of wherever this girl is going. And I guarantee it's some worthless major like philosophy or religious studies.
September 28, 2011
I saw another article about this woman, and I stand corrected. The daughter is not a freshman in high school, as I assumed, but a freshman in college. (Why did I even think she would start saving when the kid was a high school freshman?)

clematis
Yeah, people commonly pay $31K for a pair of boots. This is as stupid as idiots buying Beanie Babies as an "investment."

I was just talking to someone how people tend to overuse the term "investment". Stocks, bonds, real estate, commodities; those are investments. Your home or a college degree? Eh, well, that's debatable. A pair of Jimmy Choos? That's crazy talk. No wonder the economy is in the shitter.
September 28, 2011
And a pair of Jimmy Choos don't even come close to 31K. Nor will they be found in Target.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
September 28, 2011
$31k for a pair of rain boots? Is this lady delusional? Or does she just not understand simple supply v. demand???

Hell, if anyone REALLY wanted these boots they could either A.) pay $100 on E-bay to get them or B.) spend about $2k and fly directly to the third world sweatshop where they are made, and pick a pair up right off the assembly line.
September 28, 2011
I've got a pair of chewed up slippers I'm willing to let go of for the low, low price of $25,000.

Hey, do you think she's related to the placenta mattress lady from Craigslist?
Holy entitlement poisoning, Batman?

Has the moo or the brat ever heard of community college? Why does the brat have to attend an expensive college? No brat is that damned talented or intelligent or there would have been a full scholarship ride coming.
September 29, 2011
I've been inspired to start planning for my retirement. I'm investing in pumpkin futures. I think the demand will spike in early November.

And if that doesn't work, there's my closet full of un-scratched lottery tickets.
September 30, 2011
Snark Shark
yurble
And if that doesn't work, there's my closet full of un-scratched lottery tickets.

U better lock those in a metal box! mice might eat `em!

Then I'll just invest in mice. I'm sure there are owl farms out there looking to buy them. I think about $2,000 a mouse is fair, don't you?
For $31k those boots better convert puddles of rain water into champagne as soon as you step in them.
September 30, 2011
I would not pay 31k for boots even if Sabrina Soto pulled up in a gold limo and walked up and put them on my feet herself while Blasphemer did a guitar solo on my front porch. I would, however, spend that much on a laser turntable...
September 30, 2011
micah
For $31k those boots better convert puddles of rain water into champagne as soon as you step in them.

And come with a very long straw!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login