Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos-to-be must hate this: Woman completes marathon, then gives birth

Posted by Melanie 
Moos-to-be must hate this: Woman completes marathon, then gives birth
October 12, 2011
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/woman-runs-chicago-marathon-gives-birth-calls-it-a-day/2011/10/10/gIQAYZGnaL_blog.html

Runner completes Chicago marathon, grabs a bite to eat and then gives birth to daughter.

Lazy-ass moos-to-be who have family and friends convinced they can't cook, clean, shower or walk more than 20 feet across a grocery-store parking lot must hate this story! So much for the "altered center of gravity" that prevents a mooTB from standing, etc. or that awful extreme fatigue they blame for their laziness. So much for the "baby weight" they just can't help gaining. LOL!
Re: Moos-to-be must hate this: Woman completes marathon, then gives birth
October 12, 2011
She'd make even more headlines if the baybee suddenly fell right out from between her jogging legs. smile rolling left righteyes2
October 12, 2011
We have another topic about this on page two, I think, with a little different slant on the subject. You know MY opinion though! 1)It was irresponsible for this nearly caliving moo to run a marathon 2)She is an attention whore, and 3)It does show that if an inpig woman can run THREE marathons while knocked up like this moo did, then "stork parking" is for the birds.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I know I've said this before but I'll say it again. This moo only ran that marathon so she could tell everyone around her "Lookit meee. I'm having a bayyybeee." It still makes me want to be sick. The woman I'd like to hear about is the woman who actually won the marathon, but thanks to this calving cunt, I couldn't find the woman's name, even on Google.
October 12, 2011
satansbitch
I know I've said this before but I'll say it again. This moo only ran that marathon so she could tell everyone around her "Lookit meee. I'm having a bayyybeee." It still makes me want to be sick. The woman I'd like to hear about is the woman who actually won the marathon, but thanks to this calving cunt, I couldn't find the woman's name, even on Google.

I had to look for it, but her name is Liliya Shobukhova from Russia and this is her third straight win of this marathon, a record. She also set a global speed record for women this year and a record for Russia as well. On a sad note as I looked for her name a minute ago, the Kenyan guy who won the two prior years, who was also an Olympic gold medalist, committed suicide last Sunday.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
kidlesskim
satansbitch

I had to look for it, but her name is Liliya Shobukhova from Russia and this is her third straight win of this marathon, a record. She also set a global speed record for women this year and a record for Russia as well. On a sad note as I looked for her name a minute ago, the Kenyan guy who won the two prior years, who was also an Olympic gold medalist, committed suicide last Sunday.

Thank You. I've wanted to give props to the winner because of the records you mentioned. If I was in her place right now, I'd be really pissed off at being overshadowed by a moo cunt who just had to go attention whoring.
October 12, 2011
satansbitch
kidlesskim
satansbitch

Thank You. I've wanted to give props to the winner because of the records you mentioned. If I was in her place right now, I'd be really pissed off at being overshadowed by a moo cunt who just had to go attention whoring.

ME TOO! However, SHE will go down in history as a record setter LONG after the loaf shitting runner-moo is forgotten. Also, I read where all together she won over 500k for the win and that doesn't count future endorsements. If I were the winner, ESPN's coverage of the loaf shitting runner-moo would piss me off more than regular news coverage.

October 12, 2011
I fail to see how she was attention whoring. She found out she was pregnant AFTER registering. If you back out, there are no refunds. Dunno about you, but as a former competitive athlete, I'd run the marathon too UNLESS I was actively in labor or my doctor said it was too much of a risk. (Hello!!!! It'd be my $125 I'm losing!!!!!!) Her doctor cleared her to run half/walk half. So I don't think she was running to be an attention whore/irresponsible. But when you're a competitive athlete, you compete UNLESS you are told not to.

Also, if I had won the marathon and got no recognition? Ok, fine. I know in my mind I had won. I'd also congratulate her, it's what being a gracious winner is all about, when you're a famous athlete, your reputation is everything. I wouldn't be all "wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Some pregnant lady who didn't even place got more recognition than meeeeeeee!!!!!!! wah wah wah!!!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!! I WONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!"

I still say "go her". As I said in my thread about mom to be, she clearly did not sit around and "eat for 2" during her pregnancy. She kept in shape, which is what doctors recommend if you're low risk. I've always heard that if a woman ran/danced/etc before getting pregnant, she can still run and what not during her pregnancy, provided she is low risk. Maybe not boxing, but I've known plenty of pregnant runners due to being an EMT. My friend's sister went for a run the morning of her scheduled c-section. She ran before and during her pregnancy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
October 12, 2011
Amy, I am sorry but nothing pregnant women do impresses me, I guess. I do, however, get your point about there being no reason for the inpig to sit around until they sluice. Other than that, I have no desire to cheer on pregnant women because I don't think they should be having babies anyway., but that's just my opinion. No hard feelings, but I don't give a SHIT what pregnant women accomplish in spite of their being knocked up. As for the winner congratulating her, for what? Sure, it'd be bad sportsmanship for her to act ugly about it, which I don't believe she has, but to have set records like she did and get over shadowed because some woman shat a loaf after finishing the race like it's some sort of miracle HAS to be a tad annoying.

kidlesskim
Amy, I am sorry but nothing pregnant women do impresses me, I guess. I do, however, get your point about there being no reason for the inpig to sit around until they sluice. Other than that, I have no desire to cheer on pregnant women because I don't think they should be having babies anyway., but that's just my opinion. No hard feelings, but I don't give a SHIT what pregnant women accomplish in spite of their being knocked up. As for the winner congratulating her, for what? Sure, it'd be bad sportsmanship for her to act ugly about it, which I don't believe she has, but to have set records like she did and get over shadowed because some woman shat a loaf after finishing the race like it's some sort of miracle HAS to be a tad annoying.

This. I agree 100%.
October 13, 2011
satansbitch
kidlesskim

This. I agree 100%.

I third this, 100%.

lab mom
I agree too; I don't support the fawning kudos to the inpig accomplishments; I just thought this was amusing because it does refute the special snowflake status that most inpig try to claim; how many blogs and message boards are rife with "hormonal" (i hate that; when did it become common parlance? I never heard women of previous generations call themselves "hormonal") moos-in-waiting claiming they can't even hoist themselves out of their cars and into the fast food joint without assistance. All of that "we have different centers of gravity now" bullshit sort of flies the coop when women with full-term spawn on board manage to maintain their active lifestyles.

It's a matter of modern young moo = laziest, most entitled ilk in the history of humankind and i love anecdotes that highlight their self-indulgent fakery by contrast.
Melanie
I agree too; I don't support the fawning kudos to the inpig accomplishments; I just thought this was amusing because it does refute the special snowflake status that most inpig try to claim; how many blogs and message boards are rife with "hormonal" (i hate that; when did it become common parlance? I never heard women of previous generations call themselves "hormonal") moos-in-waiting claiming they can't even hoist themselves out of their cars and into the fast food joint without assistance. All of that "we have different centers of gravity now" bullshit sort of flies the coop when women with full-term spawn on board manage to maintain their active lifestyles.

It's a matter of modern young moo = laziest, most entitled ilk in the history of humankind and i love anecdotes that highlight their self-indulgent fakery by contrast.

That is why I am impressed....this shatters the myth of the fragile preggo. No stork parking, no preferential seating, no getting on the plane first. If your ilk can run 26.2 miles, then you can stand for a three block bus ride or walk 20 extra feet through the parking lot, you lazy fucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
October 13, 2011
navi8orgirl
Melanie

That is why I am impressed....this shatters the myth of the fragile preggo. No stork parking, no preferential seating, no getting on the plane first. If your ilk can run 26.2 miles, then you can stand for a three block bus ride or walk 20 extra feet through the parking lot, you lazy fucks.

This. Although, I give ANYONE credit who can finish a marathon, pregnant or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Finishing a marathon is a great accomplishment.

However, FUCK HER. I don't give a goddamn shit that she ran while she was pregnant. She didn't have to, she could have lost her money, in the grand scheme of life, $125 isn't a big fucking deal.

She WANTED to run while pregnant, to prove a point.

I'm sorry - I'm impressed by amputees and paraplegics who run marathons. Pregnant women and former fat people who decided to start exercising? Yeah, not so much.
I was a competitive athlete, also - I rode horses on the A circuit and I played college lacrosse. I'm also a former L&D nurse.

Running while pregnant is incredibly stupid, actually. I really don't know too many OBs who would agree to long distance running in the later weeks of gestation. Walking and swimming, yes. Running, no. Running a marathon during the week that you're due is possibly the most idiotic decision I've ever heard anyone make.

If she ruptured her membranes and ended up with a prolapsed cord while she was running, who would she blame? And would it be worth it? For what?
I still say this act is all about proving "We can have a baby anywhere - except in the maternity ward!"
October 13, 2011
surfinbird
Finishing a marathon is a great accomplishment.

However, FUCK HER. I don't give a goddamn shit that she ran while she was pregnant. She didn't have to, she could have lost her money, in the grand scheme of life, $125 isn't a big fucking deal.

She WANTED to run while pregnant, to prove a point.

I'm sorry - I'm impressed by amputees and paraplegics who run marathons. Pregnant women and former fat people who decided to start exercising? Yeah, not so much.

I too am impressed with handicapped people who compete in these types of things. This girl here in the link below, was the first amputee to qualify for the Olympics after losing one leg below the knee in an accident. There are many others, like the double amputee who, on appeal, won the right to compete with the able bodied in the track and field events with use of his prosthetic legs. The list goes on and on of people who have lost limbs and gone on to compete among themselves AND against "able bodied" athletes and do very well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_du_Toit

THAT is an admirable accomplishment, IMHO. This inpig marathon running moo would remain unnoticed had she not been inpig and given birth shortly thereafter. She has competed extensively over the years in marathons and I can't find any info anywhere that she actually ever even placed in any of these races while NOT inpig. So, I suppose that finishing while inpig was her 15 minute claim to fame. I still agree though that her running while inpig and dropping the loaf not long after is PROOF POSITIVE that these inpig moos who are only a few weeks or months along COULD be walking a few yards and don't need stork parking. For this reason, I am glad this topic was posted.

Cheers for the inpig marathon moo though, not so much. Again, it's just my opinion and no hard feelings to those who are in awe of Ms. Miller- the Amazing Marathon Moomoo with baybeem bouncing and laughing

Back when I used to run (before the fucked up knee and the foot that is now waiting for an operation) I hated to miss a day. I never did anything competitive, just wanted to get out there and run every night for the endorphins. I ran through pain which was stupid, and in bad weather, and even when there was a sex-attacker roaming the neighbourhood, because I couldn't bear NOT doing it.

The attention she's got isn't necessarily a reflection of how much she wanted, simply another example of our lovely media who like to ignore real news in favour of this kind of sludge. I'd be surprised if any of the serious athletic publications gave it much notice, if any. As for the winner missing out on publicity, how much do they care what the general public thinks? Most of them are harsh on women athletes anyway, for not being 'femenine' enough - they only care about plastic women with orange tans.
October 14, 2011
I couldn't help but wonder if this woman could finish a marathon when she's about to drop a loaf as well as complete two other marathons while inpig as well, WHAT she may have accomplished athletically if she wasn't constantly getting knocked up and dropping a loaf every other year? I suppose it will remain an unrealized dream, but it's probably "all worth it in the end".

A lot of serial marathoners will never be more than recreational. The speed required to run with the elites is reserved for the genetically gifted for whom running is their sole occupation.

She sounds like someone who does a few a year and they coincided with her sprogging. Sure it is a human interest story on the local scale, but not national. Tell us more about the third place winner of a British marathon who pulled a Rosie Ruiz!

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login