Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fetus Decapitated During Birth:Moo Sues

Posted by kidlesskim 
Fetus Decapitated During Birth:Moo Sues
October 11, 2011
http://www.wlky.com/r/29398856/detail.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- An emotional and graphic trial is under way after a mother files a lawsuit against Norton Suburban Hospital.

"....She said the hospital was negligent as her child was decapitated during delivery and she watched it happen.
Micheatria Donelson is taking the hospital to court after she says the 2006 ordeal left her depressed, emotionally unstable and with constant nightmares five years after it happened........
Doctors testified that Donelson's baby was, at 21 weeks old, previable, meaning it wouldn't live if born.
Donelson's attorneys said at the time of the incident, her child was actually 24 weeks along and was able to survive outside the womb, but it never got the chance.

.....For almost an hour, Bilotta tried to deliver the child, who was stuck in what he called Donelson's "incompetent" cervix, or one that was incapable of delivering a child.

"After several minutes, I felt a give. At first I thought, 'Oh, good, it's delivered,' but then I noticed that the head had separated and it was a decapitation," he said.

.....Defense attorneys argued that Donelson couldn't have seen the baby in the position she was in.
They also claim the baby never would have lived despite the decapitation because it was so premature.
Closing arguments begin Thursday........................................."

shrug To make matters more gruesome, the moo INSISTED on holding the loaf afterwards and a nurse sewed it's severed head back on. A recent update says she was awarded 1.4 million dollars. I am sorry, but this is the kind of shit that happens when these women are "high risk" and then go on to attempt to shit a loaf anyway. If it was so premature to have been decapitated during birth, then I fail to see what kind of life it would have had even IF it had "survived" having been born at 5-6 months.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: Fetus Decapitated During Birth:Moo Sues
October 11, 2011
I hate to side with the mother, but honestly, I think decapitating a baby, whether or not it will live after it is born anyway ( which I don't know how that excuses the doctor) is a pretty obvious sign of an incompetent doctor.
October 11, 2011
I've heard of this happening once before, only with a full-term loaf. I would have to say there's something really fucked up with it to begin with if its head pops off like a milk cap. They are right in that it wouldn't have lived at 21 weeks' gestation, and I think Moo is just claiming it was 24 weeks so she can also make the argument that it could have lived. This was basically just an abortion.

If the clump was only five months old, I imagine it didn't have much bone strength (if any at all) yet. And when Moo's body is refusing to let go of it, it kinda makes sense that it wouldn't come out in one piece.

I'm sure she was told she had an "incompetent" cervix and would have a risky pregnancy too, but why should that stop her from getting knocked up against sound advice? After all, she deserves a fresh bio-loaf in order to become a real woman. smile rolling left righteyes2 It sounds like the doctor gave it a good old-fashioned college try and shit didn't work - it happens. The doctor didn't intentionally behead the clump to traumatize the bitch.
October 11, 2011
Yeah it's beyond idiotic to attempt to have a loaf if your body doesn't have a chance in hell of delivering it right. Why didn't they do a Caesarian? This is one that needs to have the tubes tied asap. There mst have been something seriously messed up with the loaf if it got decapitated in the process of being whelped.
October 11, 2011
Decapitation is a little over the top imo.

incompetent cervix: won't stop this idiot from trying again.

see below. she does not care what she inflicts on a child

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 11, 2011
zatoth
I hate to side with the mother, but honestly, I think decapitating a baby, whether or not it will live after it is born anyway ( which I don't know how that excuses the doctor) is a pretty obvious sign of an incompetent doctor.

Not really. Looks like the doctor would only know with more extensive monitoring or if the woman had a previous history.

Some women need to face the fact that they aren't good breeders. This one has a cervix like an elevator door that opens between floors. She ought to just face facts and use the moolah she got out of an overly-sympathetic jury to buy herself a gestational surrogate next time.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/complications_cervical.html

Cervical insufficiency

The phrase "cervical insufficiency" (CI) refers to a cervix that opens too early, before the baby is full term. This condition is also called incompetent cervix. The cervix is the opening at the base of the uterus. When the cervix is healthy, it thins out and opens at the end of pregnancy when labor begins. The baby then moves through the cervix and birth canal (vagina) to be delivered.

With CI, the cervix opens without labor starting. Usually the woman has no symptoms. Few women know they have cervical insufficiency until they have a miscarriage or premature birth. The woman may deliver the baby without feeling contractions.

For women who have had a pregnancy affected by CI, the condition is likely to happen again in later pregnancies.

Causes
Medical experts do not always know why incompetent cervix occurs. Theories include damage to the cervix during surgery, injury during a previous birth, and exposure to certain drugs.

Cervical length appears to be a factor. The shorter the cervix, the more likely the woman is to have cervical insufficiency.

Screening and diagnosis
Medical researchers have not found a reliable way to routinely screen women for cervical insufficiency. If a woman has previously lost a pregnancy in the second or third trimester, vaginal ultrasound exams during the next pregnancy may help predict whether a woman is at risk of preterm birth.

Treatment
Doctors sometimes recommend:

Bed rest and reduced physical activity. While these methods are common, medical research has not proven them to be effective.
Pelvic rest. The woman should not douche or use tampons. She also should not have sexual intercourse.
Cerclage. The doctor puts a stitch in the cervix to keep it from opening too early. The stitch is removed when it is time for the baby to be delivered.
She should of went ahead with the abortion, seriously. She's just as much at fault. Why is it that these women never adopt and always insist on selfishly "having their own"?
October 11, 2011
Yet another reason I NEVER want to get knocked up. I just know something fucked up like this would happen, or the baby would resemble uk2YdJ0Spc" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Lord Voldemort or be Awwwtistik or something like that. I understand that this was traumatizing for the mother, but I think 1.4 million is a little steep. If she's smart (doubtful), she'll use that money to adopt a child who is already here and needs a home, if she really wants one that badly.

ETA: Video behind that link is very disturbing. Click at your own risk.
Anonymous User
October 11, 2011
October 11, 2011
Kelli
She should of went ahead with the abortion, seriously. She's just as much at fault. Why is it that these women never adopt and always insist on selfishly "having their own"?

Because then how else can they relate their own little miracle story about their super special difficult childbirth and get all the subsequent attention?
October 11, 2011
Entitlement moo still demands her way even after beheading her own baybee. smile rolling left righteyes2

So let's all hope she doesn't have another one! openmouthed shock
October 11, 2011
Banshee
Entitlement moo still demands her way even after beheading her own baybee. smile rolling left righteyes2

So let's all hope she doesn't have another one! openmouthed shock

*snork* Gawd, the thought that you guillotined your own kid :goggle

If she has nightmares, it ought to be because of the thought that her cooter snapped shut and she pulled a Henry VIII move on her own kid.

(if I was the husband I'd have second thoughts about going up there again openmouthed shock)
October 11, 2011
kidlesskim
a nurse sewed it's severed head back on.

Poor woman. I wonder if she had to scrabble around the supply drawer for pink or blue thread?

Yes, I'm having a sicko night devil with smile
October 11, 2011
Part of me wonders....do you think there are women who, upon being told any pregnancies they have will be high risk, intentionally get knocked up in hopes of something going wrong and suing their doctor/hospital? While some of these retards just get knocked up against medical advice because they're selfish and can't listen, I wonder if there are others who intentionally put themselves through risky pignancies, hope shit goes wrong, and when it does, blame the doctor and sue for malpractice and emotional distress and all that.

They can't find a wallet, so they'll just rake the doctor over hot coals and get a nice five-figure settlement. It wouldn't surprise me..
October 11, 2011
Cambion
Part of me wonders....do you think there are women who, upon being told any pregnancies they have will be high risk, intentionally get knocked up in hopes of something going wrong and suing their doctor/hospital? While some of these retards just get knocked up against medical advice because they're selfish and can't listen, I wonder if there are others who intentionally put themselves through risky pignancies, hope shit goes wrong, and when it does, blame the doctor and sue for malpractice and emotional distress and all that.

They can't find a wallet, so they'll just rake the doctor over hot coals and get a nice five-figure settlement. It wouldn't surprise me..

Or moo refuses, refuses and refuses tests during the pregnancy, fetal monitoring and/or a c-section because it's "not natcccchhhhhuuuuurrraaallllllll!!!!!!!!" or a homebirth. Then it's all the doctor's fault because Bratleigh is born brain damaged or some other defect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Anonymous User
October 11, 2011
The only good part is that 90% of the award settlement will go to the lawyers, some more will be drained by taxes, and whatever's left moo gets. It might be enough for her to get some chicken filet sandwiches.
October 11, 2011
Snark Shark
"To make matters more gruesome, the moo INSISTED on holding the loaf afterwards and a nurse sewed it's severed head back on"

WHAT THE SHITFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

And dress like a dead Victorian woman in a black lacy dress and a very pallid make-up, too.

Maybe have black liquid drooling down her chin, too? It would make a great Halloween photo! devil with smile
October 11, 2011
Is it bad I find this funny? Maybe I have a very good (grotesque) imagination and I keep seeing a head roll around the floor.
1.4 million? I only got 5 thou after a hospital left cleaning fluid on a colonoscopy scope and had to spend a week in the hospital. Damn pronatalist bullshit (and I almost flunked out that semester too because of it and i got jack shit)!
mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob
October 11, 2011
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/10/06/20111006kentucky-doctor-sued-decapitated-baby-delivery.html

eye rolling smileyMore info that reinforces some of my initial thoughts on the subject along with my commentary in red:

"This is a clear victory for Micheatria," he said. "This is a significant amount of money that will help her for the rest of her life." I guess it will! You know, tens of thousands of women have miscarriages every year and none of them get over a million dollars for all of their "trauma". It sounds like she got the best care possible and since the jury declined to award punitive damages, apparently they think so as well. She received that money for pain and suffering-emotional distress SOLELY based on jury emotions regarding her allegedly having seen the loaf getting decapitated, which I find highly unlikely. Her nightmares likely come from holding the dead loaf with his head sewn back on all fucking night and well into the next day.eye rolling smiley

But Terry Lee, a nurse in labor and delivery at Norton who sat with the hospital's attorneys through the trial and had sutured the baby's head back on, praised jurors for their work in "a very complicated" and emotional case. I am sorry, I absolutely would NOT have sewn that baby's head back on and I can't believe the doctor or the hospital allowed it. If they fucked up anywhere, THIS would be the place. However, if they had failed to honor her demand to hold the lifeless loaf or just handed him over in two pieces, she would have sued for that too.

...Darby told the jury that the baby would not have survived regardless of what the doctors and nurses did, because the pregnancy was only about 21 weeks in duration."I don't think you can come to any other conclusion," he said. PRECISELY. Had the loaf been born dead in one piece, she wouldn't have gotten a dime. IF she saw the headless loaf, which I doubt, it had to have been because she purposely twisted her body in such a way as to get a look. NO WAY could she see anything in the way of her twat with her legs in the air and on her back without a mirror.

Donelson's attorneys, however, believe she was about 24 weeks into the pregnancy, an age at which babies can survive. "Can" survive is the operative word here. However, other reports say she was bleeding the day before and was told at that time about her "elevator" baybee oven(thanks Dorison, lol) and that the baby couldn't survive due to her faulty cervix. Again, it's ALL about her allegedly having seen the loaf without it's head or as it's head was pinched off in her killer kooter.shrug[/color]

Donelson's attorneys contended that Bilotta failed to remove a cerclage, a string similar to a shoelace, that was used to keep Donelson's cervix closed and the child in the womb. Had the doctor not laced her hole shut the fetus would have slid on out the day before and all of this bullshit could have been avoided. Whole baybee and no money. Then again, she would have sued him for not tying the damned thing shut!:BS

When Donelson began delivering, the string acted "as a noose" and helped cause the decapitation when Bilotta pulled on the child, Mathys has said. Oh for God's sake! This verbiage makes it sound like the man lynched the damned thing.eye rolling smiley

Donelson's attorneys also have said nurses ignored her buzzer calls seeking help as the baby began emerging and then compounded problems by not restricting her view during delivery and later suturing the child's head onto the body so she could hold him throughout the night and next day. First she WANTS to hold the headless loaf with his head sewn on and then they are claiming it was the sutured head that upset her. Which is it? All night AND the next day? WHY?confused smiley

"No one prepared her for what was going on," Mathys said in his closing argument. How COULD they prepare her? No one thought the kid's head would come off! What were they to say? "Don't look! We are about to rip his head off now!" shrug

Donelson's body "rejected this fetus, that's what happened," he said. As is obvious and quite common too, only no one is given a million dollars when it happens. They really should have wrapped that thing up and told her it'd be best if she didn't see it and then claimed to have "lost" the body(down the incinerator). ANYTHING would have better than sewing it's head back on and letting her play with it for 2 days.:headbrick

"The nurses went right in" when Donelson began delivery, she said, adding that the mother had the right to see her child and requested to do so. By the moo's own admission she said they came in after about 5 minutes, which I think is pretty fast, under the circumstances. They all KNEW the loaf wasn't going to survive so there was no need to rush, although 5 minutes is still pretty damned fast, IMHO. Oh and the "request" would have been denied. I seriously doubt if she sued for that and a jury heard WHY they didn't let her hold the headless baybee, she wouldn't have been awarded shit because no lawyer would have taken the case.shrug

Earlier in the trial, Donelson said she had gone to Norton because of bleeding on Feb. 23, 2006, and Bilotta told her the next day that it was likely that her child was not going to live. SHE knew the loaf wasn't going to make it then.

After calling her boyfriend to tell him the news, Donelson testified Friday that she began to cry and after coughing, the child began to come out, feet first. Like I figured, the father is a baby daddy.

She testified that she called for nurses "but no one came, and I felt him kicking and I called again," alleging the doctor and nurses came in about five minutes later. Five whole minutes later. Yeah, they just let her marinate alone for a terminally long time.:BS

Donelson, who now has a 2-year-old daughter, said she is depressed, has panic attacks and is unable to sleep more than a few hours each night. ANOTHER illegitimate baybee, no doubt. I'd have nightmares too if I held a dead baybee for two days with it's head sewn back on, slept with it, etc..............So, she's not too depressed to continue on her loaf shitting campaign with her known faulty cervix and "high risk" status.

"I know when I go to sleep I'm going to have the same nightmares," she said. I'd imagine so.

Mathys told jurors that Donelson had gone to school to work with children but abandoned that career after the incident. "Had gone to school" sounds like either she attended a few freshman courses before dropping out with the intent to major in early childhood development or something, but never finished. OR she attended a weekend seminar or a few night classes the state of Kentucky often holds as an ungraded-non credit course with a certificate given at the end for hourly day care workers. It's free and welfare whores often take it to continue to receive benefits. It's a form of a "welfare to work" program. That'd be my first guess. I fail to see why she can't pursue her dream of baby sitting because of the headless loaf though.confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 11, 2011
Hey, remember that chant? With dandelions?

Mama had a baby

and

it's head

popped

off!

(See you in hell)

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 12, 2011
mistress rotwang
Is it bad I find this funny?

No. I've been sitting here having a sick chortle over it myself hysterical laughterz

mistress rotwang
Maybe I have a very good (grotesque) imagination and I keep seeing a head roll around the floor.

Good germ of an idea for a Stephen King story. In fact, he did write a short called "The Breathing Method", I think. Set a little after WWI, an unwed pregnant woman was attended by a doctor who was trying to introduce the disciplined breathing method to his gravid patients. On the night she was to deliver, the car she was riding in hit an icy patch and wrecked. The woman was thrown from the car and decapitated, only her will to survive and give birth was so strong that she didn't die. The doctor delivered the baby from her headless body on the street, as the detached head watched from the gutter. After seeing the baby come out of her body, the head breathed "thank you" to the doctor and then expired.

I'm picturing the decapitated baby head rolling on the floor, crying, while its body writhed in the hands of the doctor. Sick :lips
October 12, 2011
Ok, now I'm going to have nightmares.
October 12, 2011
if you have to have your cervix tied shut like a thanksgiving turkey maybe you should reconsider.

stupid woman. stupid doctor. just ... stupid.
October 12, 2011
Whether there was a medical misjudgement with the delivery, maybe, but that is not the worst here. That someone sewed the head on a decapitated corpse is too fucked up for words. They could have told her the fetus is not intact, end of story. Aren't there laws about mistreating a corpse? Maybe the hospital should pay just because of that shit.
October 12, 2011
blondie
Whether there was a medical misjudgement with the delivery, maybe, but that is not the worst here. That someone sewed the head on a decapitated corpse is too fucked up for words. They could have told her the fetus is not intact, end of story. Aren't there laws about mistreating a corpse? Maybe the hospital should pay just because of that shit.

Well, the article states that $ for pain and suffering was awarded, but nothing for punitive damages. From that it can be assumed that the jury felt the medical staff was not in the wrong but that the woman should be given some sort of compensation for what she went through.

Sewing the kid's head back on was done so that the woman could hold it - something she requested. There wasn't a lot of further detail on how the corpse was treated or displayed, but I bet that the nurses - certainly not immune to pity - probably did their best to make it look as presentable as possible. I wish Surfinbird would pop in here with her opinion. She's worked the field and would be able to better speculate on how the corpse was presented. I was looking up just what the fetus might have looked like at that stage. It would have been about 7 inches long from top of head to bottom (I suppose that gives consideration to it being curled up in the womb). Weight would have been around 10 oz.

Here is an alleged 21 week fetus that actually survived birth

Dead or alive, that is a sorrowful and pathetic sight. Certainly it isn't the plump, pink, squalling birth that mothers anticipate.

Donelson, who now has a 2-year-old daughter, said she is depressed, has panic attacks and is unable to sleep more than a few hours each night.

"I know when I go to sleep I'm going to have the same nightmares," she said.

Mathys told jurors that Donelson had gone to school to work with children but abandoned that career after the incident.

...she says the 2006 ordeal left her depressed, emotionally unstable and with constant nightmares five years after it happened.

Oy. That might make for some real Perry Mason-style drama in the courtroom, but now that she has another kid, Donelson might want to dial back the histrionics or she might have CPS looking into what kind of emotional environment the second child is subjected to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login