Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Depressed teacher immolates herself in front of students

Posted by Dorisan 
Depressed teacher immolates herself in front of students
October 14, 2011
Wonder why she was depressed? :cool

Of course, the big concern was how the event would affect the kids.

Traumatised pupils at the school in Beziers were being assisted by psychologists after the incident.
The school - which houses 3,000 students and 280 teachers - sent all of its pupils home after the incident, and a psychological support unit was set up to cope with the aftermath.
Re: Depressed teacher immolates herself in front of students
October 15, 2011
I would be traumatized if I witnessed a human torch too. It sounds like this teacher was suffering with some serious mental health issues and was driven over the edge from having to deal with the stress of her job.
I feel so sorry for that poor lady, what an awful way to die. sad smiley
October 15, 2011
I think dealing with parents drove her to it.
October 15, 2011
saying 'wtf' Of all the ways to die, why pick one that is so prolonged and painful? Yeah, I'd be pretty traumatized too.
October 15, 2011
Snark Shark
That is NOT the way to negotiate a pay raise!

"maths teacher"

"maths" looks SO WRONG. "MATH" dammit!

"She had been hostile at a recent parents' evening and had not got on with several students in her maths class, they told AFP news agency."

so either SHE was an ass, or the KYDS were.

"Math teacher" looks wrong to me, though :p
October 15, 2011
satansbitch

Even without knowing the full story I'm still inclined to agree with this. All the teachers I've known personally have told me that the parents/guardians are often MUCH worse than the kids.
October 15, 2011
pepper labeija
satansbitch

Even without knowing the full story I'm still inclined to agree with this. All the teachers I've known personally have told me that the parents/guardians are often MUCH worse than the kids.

Makes me wonder if we are finally seeing an end to the tolerance of bad behavior and overwhelming entitlement issues. More people are going to have a Peter Finch moment "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!"

Some might turn the anger and despair inward and literally torch themselves, others might just decide to give as good as they've gotten x 10

Cashier beats unruly customers during argument

And the people traumatized at seeing that French woman fry herself? Fuck 'em. Let them see what (speculatively) comes of hard work unappreciated, skills second guessed and degraded. The focus is on student-to-student bullying, but teacher harassment is rarely dealt with until it comes to something like this.
October 15, 2011
That poor woman. She must have been dealing with a LOT to resort to this. I kind of doubt her students and their parents exclusively drove her to it. I really feel for her family and friends. They must be just horrified right about now.
October 15, 2011
Instead of focusing on how an obviously untreated mentally ill woman can continue to be a teacher and how they could prevent such an awful thing from happening in the future, they predictably turn it into a, "The kids are traumatized" head line story. If she was so openly aggressive and vocal to the point that everyone had problems with her and she did this because "God wanted" her to, makes it pretty evident she had a psychotic break down and those normally are preceded by a symptom or two. The bottom line is someone should have realized she needed help before she chose this painful and horrific way to end her own life. I think it's sad and also very likely that these breeders contributed to her demise, at the very least.

Let's not worry about any of that though because it's the "chhyldren" being traumatized that is all that matters.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login