Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having Kyds Makes Winning The Lottery Worse

Posted by bell_flower 
Having Kyds Makes Winning The Lottery Worse
October 15, 2011
So I work at Giant Soul Sucking Corporation, where this dude won the lottery. He won 20 million, certainly enough to live on for the rest of his life.

Flash forward 10 years, and he's back. I don't know whether he blew all his money (he never was the sharpest knife in the drawer) but the cover story is that he's working because he needs to show his kidz a good work ethic and that one just can't lie around all day and do nothing. smile rolling left righteyes2 I don't suppose he could say to his kyds...look I got mine; now you go get yours. That would require having a spine and being a parent, which is beyond his capabilities.

(I knew him and his wife before this happened, and I know for a fact that he married his wife due to an oopsie baybee. They were dating and broke up, got back together for a reunion fuck, and she got knocked up. As I wrote earlier, he wasn't the smartest guy. And of course she had two more baybees to seal the deal.)

So that's just another reason why having kids blows. You can't even do what you want after you win the lottery. You still need to be chained to a school schedule and "set a good example." FTS. I could set a great example by traveling and doing what the Hell I wanted.
Re: Having Kyds Makes Winning The Lottery Worse
October 15, 2011
It pisses me off so much when people win that amount of money and blow it on shit, kidded or not. Sensibly used and invested, he could have made a great future for himself...and his kids if he was that way inclined. Fucking idiot.

If I won 20 million, sure I'd travel and have a nice house (and a horse), but I'd try and be fucking sensible too. The lottery is wasted on these dumbshits. It's time I won. :biggrin2
October 15, 2011
He could have put that money in a savings account or set up a trust fund for his kids' college and NOT TOLD THEM until after all was said and done and they were ready to go out into the world and be productive citizens. He didn't have to let them SEE him fucking off.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 15, 2011
I can say with great certainty that he has gone through the money and is saying all of that shit because he's embarrassed and rightfully so. It's odd this was brought up now because I just learned yesterday that one of our regular clients filed for bankruptcy last week. I hadn't known it until the bankruptcy, but he won the lottery about 15 years ago and it was also in the millions. I should have been suspicious when it took him nine months to pay his last bill totaling $263.46. confused smiley

It is fucking unbelievable how many people have 20+ million dollar windfalls and go on to lose all of it in a ridiculously short period of time. While there are many, the most memorable to me was that couple down in Florida who won in excess of 30 million. They had a replica of Graceland constructed and hired hundreds of extra people who had simply known Elvis, worked as maids, interior decorators, gardeners, etc....in an effort to make it as close as possible to the real Graceland. Needless to say, NO ONE wants to pay to go through that shit anymore than they would the REAL Graceland if "the king" hadn't actually lived there. The damned thing went into foreclosure and they ended up flat broke.:smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 15, 2011
I think it's code for "I'm broke."
October 15, 2011
Sometimes there are good stories, like when a lottery pool group won millions. They wisely trusted a legit financial adviser and split their money. A couple of them quit their jobs in the factories but they didn't think they were JR Ewing all of a sudden. Aside from buying new cars, houses and a couple of vacations, the winners didn't go crazy. I guess because they had common sense. You rarely hear of lottery winners living sensibly with their winnings.

I always hear stories about people winning $20 mil, $50 mil, $100 mil. They have parties all the time, buy extravagant houses when they spend most of their time in motels, hire a fleet of people, spoil their kids rotten, pack their dens full of guns, drive in the fanciest cars, carry around thousands of dollars on their person and in their vehicles yet have a gold credit card... never seem to realize they have to pay taxes on that. They spend money like it's going to disappear the next day. Have fun living in debt, fool.

Sometimes I wish they screened people before they buy a lottery ticket. Just have a scanner nearby to prevent stupid. Have the cashier say 'no, sorry you'll liable to be a dumbass with this money if you win, go away'.
October 15, 2011
I live in a "dry" county, and no I had no idea they still existed until I moved here 6 years ago. So, the closest place to purchase "carry out" alcohol is about a 100 mile or so round trip and "LiquorWorld" is PACKED from stem to stern at the first of the month because they also will cash welfare checks as well as paychecks.I have been in line behind moos with several kids in tow who not only will spend nearly ALL of their welfare check on a buggy full of malt liquor, cheap wine, and gut rotting liquor, but they will buy a fucking ream of scratch off tickets.

Then, they will drag all the kids over to the counter and scratch off EACH and every one of them and then go get BACK in line to claim their "winnings", which never is all that much, in MORE scratch off tickets. Lather, rinse, repeat for as LONG as it takes for their entire check to be spent. These stupid mother fuckers will NEVER be able to keep any money even IF they won a large amount, ever.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 15, 2011
bell_flower
I think it's code for "I'm broke."

100% correct. People don't work for "Soul Sucking Corporation" because they like to. They work for them because they HAVE to. And really, most of us HAVE to work. That's just reality.

If he really wanted to demonstrate a "work ethic" to his kids, he'd open his own business and be his own boss, perhaps teaching his own children the ropes of the business and allowing them to take the reins one day.

But no. I'm sure that money was spent on beachfront property in Arizona, Enron stock, fancy sportscars (subsequently totalled), and courtside season tickets for the LA Lakers.
It's often been said:

"Lottery: The closest thing we have to a tax on stupidity."

I tried to find out who said this first and found this:

"Gambling is a tax on stupidity." Writer: Samuel Johnson (1709-1784).

However, if you search on "lottery" "tax" and "stupidity," you'll find some thoughtful articles.

BTW, I remember an Ann Landers column from long ago with a letter from the mother of two or more teen children. She said she and her husband had the typical financial problems of any middle-class family, but whenever she started dreaming of winning the lottery (I don't think she made it clear whether she actually played the lottery, but I hope she didn't play) she'd remind herself of all the things that would likely go wrong if they did - the main one being that she was already struggling to make her kids develop a real work ethic and stop acting like leeches, which would be impossible if she did win the lottery - and chances are, she and her husband would follow suit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login