Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think I'm the Teflon Don of babystalking

Posted by CherryIce 
I think I'm the Teflon Don of babystalking
December 02, 2011
I realized today I have the magical power of repelling babystalkers. I was getting my hair done and I had been hearing the stylist doing hair next to mine talking about trying to get more servings of vegetables in and noticed she had a huge amount of roots, but didn't put it together.

Then all of a sudden, I have my head in the sink and I see her pulling out a load of ultrasound pics and saying to the person next to me in a loud voice, "Look at the weenie! It's a weenie! It's definitely a boy, ha ha ha!" The whole time I was thinking, "Good gravy, please let her leave me alone, please." I do not fake enthusiasm very well. She didn't even give me a second glance.

I don't know what I did, but something worked. Then I realized it doesn't happen to me very often. I walked out of there breathing a sigh of relief.
Anonymous User
Re: I think I'm the Teflon Don of babystalking
December 02, 2011
I don't know what is more disgusting, the fact that she can't use proper medical language or that she is so obsessed with it (and insisting others look at it too). I am glad you could avoid the damn photos.
December 02, 2011
I am very much the same way. I don't get baybeestalked very often. I think it's because of my utter deadpan lack of interest in anything that anyone has to say around me. I just don't give a damn.

Sometimes a duh will try to pull it off with me in a grocery store lineup, but I will usually turn and give him a disapproving frown, or whisper, "How annoying.." under my breath or something. Anything to shut him up.

I have a complete lack of interest in loaves and brats, and I think it shows in my overall demeanor. I don't walk around like a loaf-eating ogre or anything, but I don't show any interest or smile at kyds around me in public.

They get enough back-pats and approval from other breeders and pleasers, they don't need it from me.

The fact that this woman is already weenie-obsessed with her unborn fetus is quite disturbing...it will only get worse after she sluiced the poor kyd. He is going to grow up with a crazy helicopter moo who will probably scare away any potential girlfriend or person of the female persuasion that even glances in his general direction.
December 02, 2011
I really did luck out. She has the most irritating voice I've ever heard, so combine that with all of the weenie talk and I wanted to run out of there with a wet head.

I literally cannot summon an ounce of enthusiasm if it isn't something I'm really interested in. I attempt to plaster a grin on my face and say things like "Wow!" but it sounds so pathetic it's ridiculous. My MIL will talk about the grandkids and I will say things like "Oh, that's great" and she can tell right away that I don't have an ounce of interest. She kind of called me out on it a little bit last time I saw her. I admire people who can be complete frauds and put on a good act.
Anonymous User
December 02, 2011
mumofsixbirds
give him a disapproving frown, or whisper, "How annoying.." under my breath or something.

I've taken to whispering "Oink" under my breath when I walk past an inpig breeder, lol!
December 02, 2011
My boyfriend calls inpig moos "pregnoids" as if they are aliens, lol.
December 02, 2011
i think you might have developed a facial expression you convey automatically, yet unconsciously in such situations (some of us do it all the time. me too.)
it's a mixture of horror and disgusted look on your face. almost as automatic as reflex to jump away when shocked by electricity.
you don't notice it, but others do smile rolling left rightsmile
i think i made that face everytime i encounter... err, most of them.

when i am with my BF near a screaming crying bratty butthead, he recognizes my facial expression and pulls me out from the monstrosity --something like that! smile rolling left righteyes2
December 02, 2011
goddamnit i did double post again.
December 02, 2011
felisdomestica
goddamnit i did double post again.

Yeah I just lost what I posted to this, but with me - the wifi is jammed up, I think.

I was just waxing romantic about "Old Man Vince" who lusts after me, anyway - which has little to do with baby stalking (just stalking or leering in general) (this is a construction worker who works on my houses) - and he's very good looking. Best to keep my mind off him anyway LOL.
December 03, 2011
raindancemaggie
My boyfriend calls inpig moos "pregnoids" as if they are aliens, lol.

waving hellolarious LOVE IT!

lab mom
Anonymous User
December 03, 2011
felisdomestica
i think you might have developed a facial expression you convey automatically, yet unconsciously in such situations (some of us do it all the time. me too.)
it's a mixture of horror and disgusted look on your face. almost as automatic as reflex to jump away when shocked by electricity.
you don't notice it, but others do smile rolling left rightsmile

I think I do the same thing. Breeders never seem to push kids on me, I must get a tired, glazed-over look on my face around kids so the parents figure I'm a lost cause. No matter how hard I try I just can't fake enthusiasm, and when I try to they see right through my facade.
Anonymous User
December 03, 2011
kaylachrist
No matter how hard I try I just can't fake enthusiasm, and when I try to they see right through my facade.

Why bother to feign interest? I don't!
December 03, 2011
I totally ignore them and adopt my "flat affect" face - the same you would see on a bored sheep.
December 03, 2011
I must give off pheremone signals that tell breeders 'Keep your ugly crochfruit out of my face or I'll drop-kick it across the room" because I rarely get approached.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 03, 2011
I have the Wednesday Adams look when someone talks about something I do not care about. After a minute of my not-blinking, blank staring, people tend to stammer, do the lip tics and the side glances to make sure they have the nearest exist spotted.

I am too old and too tired to fake enthusiasm about how many letters Junior knows.
Anonymous User
December 03, 2011
I think this is the look I get whenever someone asks if I want to hold the baby...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login