Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Christmas/Holiday commercials that you hate?

Posted by DivaLasVegas 
Christmas/Holiday commercials that you hate?
November 17, 2011
Ok I'll go first :spin

I loathe that Lego Duplo commercial that has that nasal-y, sappy-voiced woman singing. Every time that commercial comes on I want to throw a brick at the TV.

Another are those stupid car commercials. Always shows a perfectly snowy scene outside of some stupid mcmansion with the car in the driveway with a stupid huge red bow on top of it. There is a local Lexus dealer here that puts huge red bows on top of their cars in the lot. Gag me.

And another is this McCormick Spice commercial. I haven't seen it yet this year, but it's been on the last couple years. Maybe I missed it so far. Anyways, it shows this family getting ready for Thanksgiving. The wife is busy in the kitchen, and then suddenly the husband yells out "Honey, my folks are here!" Wife gets a 'dear-in-the-headlights' look on her face. She completes the meal by adding McCormick Spices. Next scene shows the family gathered around the table enjoying the meal, when the mother-in-law looks at the wife lovingly and says to her "This is delicious!" smile rolling left righteyes2
Yeah right - only on TV and in a perfect world! After 15 years of marriage, my MIL has yet to look at me lovingly and tell me how good something is. Instead, she'll shovel food into her fat ugly piehole while everyone else will tell me how good the meal is and how much they appreciate my efforts. Later, MIL will find something to criticize me about, whether it has to do with the meal or something else. :mad2
Anonymous User
Re: Christmas/Holiday commercials that you hate?
November 17, 2011
Funny I was just thinking about the same thing the other day.I can't stand how Toys R Us and just about every other store,thinks that Christmas is all about the kids.As if adults aren't allowed to enjoy Christmas.I love decorating the front yard for Christmas,but I do it for the adults who actually appreciate it.Rather than the little brats who enjoy destroying things.But yeah I am already sick of the commercials for what toys kids need this year that will be destroyed in a short time.The true meaning of the holidays has been lost sadly.
November 17, 2011
Any infomercial that claims "makes the perfect Christmas gift"-you are giving me a cheapass Slap Chop that will break two seconds after I do anything with more girth than dried pot leaves in it. THANKS, douchebag
Anonymous User
November 17, 2011
Aaaaargh! Head exploding ad alert!:kill
That freaking starving babies in Africa ad featuring "So this is Christmas" as sung by John Lennon.
I just saw it for the first time this year and I know I'll see it 10 times a freaking day every damn day between now and giftmas.cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck
I. Hate. This. Ad. So. Damn. Much. it makes me homicidal.
Ok, rant over. I feel better now!grinning smiley
November 17, 2011
Most christmas commercials annoy me. What is really annoying is that my favorite local radio station is going ALL CHRISTMAS MUSIC .... TOMORROW. (nov 18) They usually wait till the day after thanksgiving.
November 17, 2011
I rarely watch commercials anymore because I don't often watch many "live" things, but I used to loathe most all of them because it was always showing "perfect" famblee crap OR the starving chyyldren. Anything having to do with duddy playing Santa, baking cookies with Moo, or advertising for most anything that's obviously geared towards kids is annoying. That, and the pitchman talking a mile a minute Ronco types of commercials where everything is 29.99, OH WAIT, only 19.99, BUT OH WAIT, you can have it ALL for 9.99 plus 49.99 shipping and handling(spoken softly or in small print at the bottom of the screen) Also, the commercials where you have to hurry up and order it while supplies last, it's the perfect gift for the person who has everything, or anything where they say, "For just five EASY payments".eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 17, 2011
all of them.
November 17, 2011
myrna minkoff
all of them.

Same here. Well, except for the Coca-Cola polar bear one.
November 17, 2011
I enjoyed the one of hershey's kisses playing jingle bells until I saw it two weeks before Thanksgiving.
November 17, 2011
I get annoyed by those local ones with business owners using their stupid kids to "wish you all a very Merry Christmas" in that lispy sing-song and their ugly holiday sweaters. Mental note - never set foot in your store. Ones I like usually feature adorable animals smiling smiley
Anonymous User
November 18, 2011
My husband completely flipped out at a radio advert last week. It was for DFS - the furniture company that advertises constantly that you can 'get your new sofa in time for christmas'. I'm still baffled as to why anyone gives a fuck about getting a new sofa in time for christmas but that's beside the point. The ad features a young boy reading a 'dear santa' letter, which is all about new sofas. Because kids are interested in that sort of thing, right? confused smiley

I walked into the kitchen to find my usually mild-mannered husband stomping about and waving his arms, ranting something along the lines of 'I hate these fucking adverts with stupid fucking kids and their stupid fucking kiddy voices - why do they think we're interested in what a stupid little kid thinks about anything anyway, for fucks sake, who buys anything on the say-so of a child, do they think we're all imbeciles, kids ruin sofas anyway...' and so on and so forth. ranting

It's very rare for him to rant about anything, so it took me by surprise, but I told him about this forum and how he'd fit right in!
Anonymous User
November 18, 2011
happysammy
My husband completely flipped out at a radio advert last week. It was for DFS - the furniture company that advertises constantly that you can 'get your new sofa in time for christmas'. I'm still baffled as to why anyone gives a fuck about getting a new sofa in time for christmas but that's beside the point. The ad features a young boy reading a 'dear santa' letter, which is all about new sofas. Because kids are interested in that sort of thing, right? confused smiley

I walked into the kitchen to find my usually mild-mannered husband stomping about and waving his arms, ranting something along the lines of 'I hate these fucking adverts with stupid fucking kids and their stupid fucking kiddy voices - why do they think we're interested in what a stupid little kid thinks about anything anyway, for fucks sake, who buys anything on the say-so of a child, do they think we're all imbeciles, kids ruin sofas anyway...' and so on and so forth. ranting

It's very rare for him to rant about anything, so it took me by surprise, but I told him about this forum and how he'd fit right in!

That's hilarious!waving hellolarious
I flipped out the first time this year I saw the ad I mentioned above too!
It just pisses me off because the xtian charity who uses it has been begging for money for the same starving kids for like 25 years! Those kids are either dead or adults now FFS!
I starting yelling obscenities at the tv until I woke up my snoozing dog, then I felt bad and had to cuddle him to apologize.winking smiley
November 18, 2011
Snark Shark
"Christmas/Holiday commercials that you hate?"

EVERY SINGLE, GAWDDAMN CUNTFUCKING SHITEATING ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT'S the old holiday spirit! (just teasing) :jump
November 18, 2011
Oh yeah, the Coca Cola Polar Bears. I do like those. Ofcourse maybe it's because I am a Coca Cola collector.. and my basement family room is all done in Coke and Polar bear theme. This year I am putting a white tree down there with all my Coke ornaments on it.
November 18, 2011
please post youtube video link to these commercials...pleeease? smile rolling left rightsmile
November 18, 2011
That eBay one...it's horrible.

There's a big happy famblee singing "The Twelve Days of Christmas" around the tree. The ungrateful pre-teen bitch gets to one of the lines and screams/sings for almost 15 seconds straight in a voice that sounds like nails on chalkboard. I want to beat her with a Yule log.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 19, 2011
I hate the Folger's commercial where the brother or uncle or who ever he is supposed to be "surprises" the family by coming in from his job working in some remote part of Africa and wakes them up by making coffee from Folger's crystals. The family awakens upon smelling the aromatic wonder of brewing coffee crystals, rushes downstairs and the the brother makes some comment about not being able to have this yummy instant coffee out in the middle of nowhere. Wouldn't vacuum-sealed, long-lasting crystal form of coffee be what they WOULD have out in remote areas? Oh, there's also any annoying kid who first smells the coffee, leaps from his bed and just knows it's Uncle John. Why wouldn't he just assume it's his parents brewing the instant coffee like every other morning.
I hate any commercial featuring ugly, uninspired jewelry from places like Kay's or Jared's.
November 19, 2011
The Gap one with the kids "singing" is fairly annoying.

November 19, 2011

This one. What an ungrateful brat! She'd be getting a book on etiquette or a note that says "I donated the digital camera and shoulder bag to a woman's shelter, they were VERY grateful. Merry Christmas!" or BOTH. WHEN DID THIS BECOME ACCEPTABLE?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
CF_Amy

This one. What an ungrateful brat! She'd be getting a book on etiquette or a note that says "I donated the digital camera and shoulder bag to a woman's shelter, they were VERY grateful. Merry Christmas!" or BOTH. WHEN DID THIS BECOME ACCEPTABLE?!

Ugh, that kid should be slapped into next week. Okay, I do understand the acid washed jeans hate, but I'd thrilled over a needlepoint pillow. I love handmade stuff
November 19, 2011
When Aunt Carla is gone, that hideously ungrateful brat will treasure that hand-embroidered throw pillow. Things that loved ones have made are the most precious to me. I have a knitted rag doll that my Oma made for me must have been about 40 years ago--there it is, right on the couch. Also have a rug she made, right here in the office. I was looking at it the other day and thinking how many thousands of stitches are in that rug. I have a tablecloth and napkins that my Mom made. All very dear to me.
November 19, 2011
The Hyundai hipsters. I hate those assholes. I hope they don't come back this year.
November 19, 2011
I hate the holiday car commercials (pick one, any one) with the big red bow on top and an overjoyed WASP wife clutching her hands to her bosom. Somebody was a good little cocksucker this year! Later, she will drive to yoga past an Occupy protest while dumping McDonald's applications out the window.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 19, 2011
I was so maddened/intrigued by references to this Folgers commercial (yes, I have no life) that I had to try and find it, OK, HERE IT IS:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login