Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

World's Biggest Birth Defects

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
World's Biggest Birth Defects
January 09, 2012
WARNING - some of these snowflakes are really creepy. Number 5 is my pick.

http://whosright.com/poll/worlds-most-unique-babies-%28warning-not-for-the-faint-of-heart%29

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Re: World's Biggest Birth Defects
January 09, 2012
By "unique," they mean "please use these images for visual birth control," right? Notice that some of the worst ones come from Asia/Middle East. These areas seem to have an unusually high rate of defecto-loaves. I could barely read the damn list - too many spelling errors.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
January 09, 2012
IDK about India, but I bet you that the eight-toed baby in China lives in one of the coal mining towns. Pollution in China is awful all around, but worse in those areas. And it's no coincidence that India and China have these deformed children and they're the two countries with 1 billion+ people.
January 09, 2012
Harlequin-type ichthyosis is the worst. The lucky ones die immediately.
January 09, 2012
OMG.....Just. Sick and Sad. Vishnu baby reminded me of a human octopus. Those were some of the most heinous loaves I've ever had the misfortune of clapping my eyes on. I truly feel bad for them.
I think some of those loaves will be visiting me in my nightmares tonight.
January 09, 2012
juliewashere88
Harlequin-type ichthyosis is the worst. The lucky ones die immediately.
I agree. I actually gasped and jumped back from my phone when I saw that one.
Anonymous User
January 09, 2012
"Baby with Harlequin-type ichthyosis"
I think I either saw this on Mystery Diagnosis once, or looked it up recently. I read that most cases die soon, but there was this one case (maybe it was a TLC special? They always have the "super miracle children omg!" shows on, which I watch for the weird medical stuff) where the kid kept living and they had to bathe it every day and lotion it and such, and the kid was in horrible pain the whole time but they kept having him or her live for a long time. I felt so bad for the kid that it had to live like that.
January 10, 2012
The anencephalatic one barely looked human. It kind of looked like Baby from the old '90s show Dinosaurs and Jabba the Hut. That's a very good case for post-natal euthanasia. It should be considered cruel to keep it alive when it doesn't even have a brain.
January 10, 2012
@elaphe guttata I think I remember seeing that show. It was a young girl and her skin was constantly cracking and she had to wear assloads of lotion and special clothing because the sun couldn't touch her whatsoever. And yes, she was in pain all the time. But, you know, parents don't care - as long as the kids live, who gives a fuck how they feel, just as long as they're alive. They aren't the ones in pain, so why should they give a flying shit about the poor kid?

And no, these kids are not "unique" - they're deformed. Those harlequin babies always freak me the hell out - they look like props from a horror film, and then you see them move and gods, it's the stuff of nightmares. And since the sick ones that survived most likely were born to parents who are totally broke, they will never be able to have a chance at fixing what's wrong - they'll just have to grow up with four extra limbs or their twin feeding off their organs.
Anonymous User
January 10, 2012
The twins who were different colours are normal, the rest could do with having a pillow held over their faces to put them out of their misery. Of course in the case of the two-headed baby you'd need to use two pillows simultaneously.
January 10, 2012
If they were animals in the wild they would have been pushed out of the nest and left to die. I think the animal kingdom has it right. Then these humans come along and try to play god and skrew up the whole system.
January 10, 2012
why different colored twin is considered as birth defect? weird......

baby number 5 and 6 are the worst... definitely. i really feel sorry for them. can't be helped either, since prenatal care and abortion are likely not available where they were born. i hope someone had done some favor for these unfortunate babies.
Anonymous User
January 10, 2012
I actually went to high school with a set of interracial twins. Both parents were white, but one twin was born white and the other black. I don't think it's such an anomaly through, as they did have some ancestors of African American descent
January 10, 2012
elaphe_guttata
"Baby with Harlequin-type ichthyosis"
I think I either saw this on Mystery Diagnosis once, or looked it up recently. I read that most cases die soon, but there was this one case (maybe it was a TLC special? They always have the "super miracle children omg!" shows on, which I watch for the weird medical stuff) where the kid kept living and they had to bathe it every day and lotion it and such, and the kid was in horrible pain the whole time but they kept having him or her live for a long time. I felt so bad for the kid that it had to live like that.

It would have been more merciful to give it morphine and let it die with as much peace as possible immediately after birth, or better yet, if it can be diagnosed before birth, simply have an abortion.

I wouldn't wish a minute of Harlequin Ichthyosis on my worst enemy. It ranks right up there with ebola as for the worst things a person can suffer through and eventually die of.
January 10, 2012
coco_uk
The twins who were different colours are normal, the rest could do with having a pillow held over their faces to put them out of their misery. Of course in the case of the two-headed baby you'd need to use two pillows simultaneously.

It's not actually a two-headed baby, despite the sensationalist description. It's two babies with one body. They're conjoined twins.
January 10, 2012
apparently thanks to modern medicine, there are several survivors of harlequin ichthyosis.
this is one of them.

post-gazette.com/pg/10178/1068611-114.stm

also this.

www.birminghampost.net/news/west-midlands-health-news/2008/05/09/nelly-is-a-real-diamond-girl-65233-20886612/

her parents has 9 kids and 4 of them suffered from this disease... oh people...
January 10, 2012
agree with the harlequin... poor baby looks like it is in agony..

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 10, 2012
Yet more proof that breeders don't give a rat's ass about their spawn. That "unique" babies like that are considered badges of honor (the reincarnation of a god... really? :crz ) says more about them then their lowing about myracles and "it's all worth it" (tm) speeches ever will.

January 10, 2012
I am so sad to see these kids. (All except the racially different twins, I agree that it made no sense that they were included on this list.) Seriously, it actually makes me ache. Life can be cruel, even in the very first moments it begins.

I died and was rescucitated at my preemie birth, as was my mother. She said at one point that it was why we had a 'mystical link'. That's the biggest horseshit ever. I was just the only one in the family that wouldn't mock her spiritual beliefs, so she could talk to me. And no mystery to the preemie near-death experience for me: both parents alcoholics and chain smokers while I was in the womb, and my dad was exposed to agent orange before my conception.

It sucks so much to think of what kind of life the kids on that list will have... those that live(d). Horrible.

-------------------------
"They will say that you are on the wrong road, if it is your own." ~Antonio Porchia
Anonymous User
January 10, 2012
Cambion
@elaphe guttata I think I remember seeing that show. It was a young girl and her skin was constantly cracking and she had to wear assloads of lotion and special clothing because the sun couldn't touch her whatsoever. And yes, she was in pain all the time. But, you know, parents don't care - as long as the kids live, who gives a fuck how they feel, just as long as they're alive. They aren't the ones in pain, so why should they give a flying shit about the poor kid?

Yeah, it was that one. I remember seeing her in the bathtub getting lotioned up and she was sobbing in pain, and I felt so bad for the poor kid because it wasn't fair that she had to live her entire life that way because the parents thought it would be better for her to live in pain rather than die at birth? How does that make sense?
Anonymous User
January 11, 2012
I found the blurb more vomit-inducing than the pictures.

Actually, I didn't really think much of anything, except that it's a pretty good case for better sonography in Asia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login