Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Convenience Store Smack Down

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Convenience Store Smack Down
October 09, 2006
Yesterday I was on my way home from my other job and stopped into a convenience store to pick up essentials like iced tea, ice cream (yes, its an essential right now) plus some orange juice to help with this persistant malady I've been nursing.

I was walking over to the counter with my hands full and in walks this child, about 9 or 10, 12 tops. He came up to about my shoulders, and I'm pretty short. Anyway, he starts going off about how the cashier, a youngish girl owes him a dollar. It wasn't said cute or smarmy. In fact, the child had this voice reminiscent of every schoolyard bully I've ever dealt with. He was quite demanding.

The girl is ringing me up and this kid is still being an obnoxious little fuck. At one point, he just bumps me over and puts his chocolate milk on the counter, again with some kind of snotty remark about the girl owing him a dollar. I don't know if it was maybe his big sister or something like that, but even so, I wouldn't want my family member coming into my job and acting the hellion.

The pushing me over to put his choco milk on the counter snapped it for me. I was waiting for the girl to give me my change and I turned and looked at the boy and said "You know, do you think you could respect your elders and wait for me to finish with my transaction until you start demanding things like you're used to?" THe kid shut up and looked at me sheepishly and said "Sorry".

I don't think he ever had anyone say something like this to him. He probably thought his behavior was cute and acceptable. The girl did NOT give me any indication that my response was appreciated, but FTS! I let his behavior slide until he invaded my personal space.
Re: Convenience Store Smack Down
October 09, 2006
I've workd as a cashier. It is a h*llish job! Kudos for standing up to this little punk. The young girl at the counter probably did not know what to say since the Powers always tell the Worker Bees how the customer is always right. The problem is that many parents do not teach their offspring any respect in this day and age. When I was a sprog, we did not dare disrespect an adult. I guess I am old...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login