Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Woman refuses Plan B pill for mentally disabled daughter who was raped....

Posted by Dorisan 
Woman refuses Plan B pill for mentally disabled daughter who was raped....
February 11, 2012
...and the peanut gallery erupted in cheers

........where's that desert island? I really want to get away from people sad smiley
The article makes me sick. It's bad enough someone can't figure out what happened to them but to make them possibly carry a pregnancy because of your own moral issues??? Proof that pro liars don't give a damn about the living.
If my mom pulled that shit with me I would sue her ass so fast she would not know what happened. However, she is sensible enough to know that any pregnancy of mine would be aborted as soon as possible.

That woman is a dumb cunt who needs to keep her hand off other people's bodies. What if the daughter becomes pregnant and the hormonal changes are too much for her and she commits suicide? Would she like that blood on her hands.
Of course, because allllll life is precious and holy, right? Even if a teen girl who already has mental problems is brutally raped and may very well become pregnant from the assault. Since I'm sure a pignancy will make her feel better. And I'm sure Moo won't let her get an abortion either because if she thinks Plan B is "abortion in a box," she sure as fuck won't let the poor girl get an actual abortion.

Way to punish the victim even further. I think this woman needs her daughter removed from her care; there is no reason for a teen to have a baby and especially no reason for a disabled teen to have one, and she is quite possibly endangering her daughter's physical and mental health in considerable ways by not trying to prevent a rape pregnancy.

Fucking cunt. Normally I would not say this, but this woman deserves it. I hope someone rapes her. She has no idea what her daughter has gone through if she's willing to put some rapist's possible offspring over her own child's well-being because she thinks emergency contraception is evil. I hope the girl doesn't end up pregnant; can you imagine a bipolar teen with a loaf? My gods that has shaken baby syndrome written all over it.
Re: Woman refuses Plan B pill for mentally disabled daughter who was raped....
February 12, 2012
Feministe had this about a week ago; it's still up on my PC because I haven't finished reading all the comments. Someone linked to the author's actual blog and there are some pretty good comments there about what a cunt she is. For some reason she left them up.

Some of the commenters at Feministe smelled a rat - story sounded entirely too contrived and there were some fantastical parts that were just entirely too hard to believe. I kinda wonder how much of it is Fundy Fantasy Fuckery.

I personally thought it was entirely too well painted a portrait of what Fundies really want - power over people who are too helpless to make their own decisions, ergo they need a holy Fundy to decide for them. It's a perfect little representation of what they're really all about.
February 12, 2012
How old do you have to be to buy Plan B by yourself? I'm thinking if the daughter was at least 16, the nurse should've just given her the pill, herself. By the time I was 16, I had already been to planned parenthood, had an exam, and got my free birth control pills. My parents didn't know a thing about it.
February 12, 2012
Plan B is for anyone 17 or older, if you're younger than that, you need a prescription from a doctor.

Personally I think this is sick and wrong, this girl is already traumatized about what happened to her, how is she going to understand pregnancy and all the messed up shit it will do to her body? Her fundie cunt of a mother just wants another baybee to cuddle and doesn't care who suffers so she can have one.
I think Law1204 has a point. There's also a lack of info on some things, getting other stuff wrong and going over the top on the rest....something does sound off.
February 12, 2012
Here are the comments at Feministe. The "Gloria Steinem conference room" and no mention of the police ANYWHERE in the story (and the fact that women's shelters don't do rape kits) are all snapping red flags that her story is total bullshit.

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2012/02/02/women-refuses-to-give-raped-daughter-ec-brags-about-it-on-internet/
February 12, 2012
Struck me as a Fundy Fantasy also.

The Gloria Steinem conference room? smile rolling left righteyes2

And they had prints of women in hoop skirts?

Yeah you know what? This reminds me of this one time I went to a political affair, it was for Republicans, and they had a big poster of Rush Limbaugh on the wall with a crown on his head and you had to bow down to this pic and say All Hail The King! Seriously. And then this guy made a speech which he dedicated to Our Supreme Queen Santorum Sarah Palin and then Ted Nugent sang God Bless America.
Really.
February 12, 2012
THIS comment from the Feministe link makes me want a stiff drink. angry smiley
#65 Baby Raptor
I was raped as a teenager, and my pro-fetus grandparents simply did not care. They informed me that I was “serving my purpose in being a sexual outlet” for the two men, and that taking any action against them would be a sin.
law1204
Some of the commenters at Feministe smelled a rat - story sounded entirely too contrived and there were some fantastical parts that were just entirely too hard to believe. I kinda wonder how much of it is Fundy Fantasy Fuckery.

I did some more digging as this discussion commenced. This site seems to point to how convoluted the whole story might be. The blogger is suspected of mixing facts with fantasy with an agenda.

I don't want to click any of the hyperlinks for fear of an unintended LIKE to the bullshit, but I'm assuming Hilton has a FB page? I wonder how many have called out "proof or it's a hoax" statements? The lack of news coverage seems to be the main concern.
The Christian path is so full of hypocrisy and half-truths it makes me a little sick.

I do not understand, for example, how this mother can say she wants to risk God's wrath by killing the rapist (since she loves her child so much) but will not do something that MAY prevent a POTENTIAL pregnancy. In essence, Plan B is not unlike using a condom - it's just a post-coital condom.

Is all life from cells to grown beings equal or not? It would seem that this man's actions are enough to condemn him, but the child created shouldn't suffer? There is so much wrong with this logic. If the rape hadn't occured, the child would not have been conceived to start with. The rapist messed with the fabric of being to force himself on an unwilling woman - ensuring the ripple effect of that mess is as contained as possible cannot be the wrong course of action.

But then, these are Christian fundies who don't believe that people have mastery over themselves - we all have to submit to God and then we're absolved of responsibilty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login