Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Abortion outrage: Mums should be allowed to terminate newborns, say Australian academics

Posted by Anonymous User 
Some interesting points raised!

One of the reasons I am CF is the risk of having a child with problems and the social stigma of rejecting a child.

http://www.news.com.au/national/abortion-outrage-mums-should-be-allowed-to-terminate-newborns-say-australian-academics/story-e6frfkvr-1226286841396
Can we feed them to the dingoes?smug

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem
Don't pay any attention to this shit. It's a transparent attempt by a couple of idiots to spark antichoice outrage by drawing a false comparison between abortion and killing actual babies.
You're right Julie, it shouldn't be referred to as abortion, but euthanasia.
nightshade

The word abortion is used intentionally so no one will miss the "clever" comparison.
Of course I think the proposal in the article is abhorrent, except for extreme cases like if the baby is born a vegetable w/out brain activity.

It pisses me off how people in the comments are saying things like "What's the difference between a one-month fetus and a newborn baby." The difference is that a fetus is INSIDE of someone ELSE's body. Once it's born, protecting its right to life does not involve forcing another person to go through an excruciating and potentially fatal experience of childbirth. Therefore it does NOT compare to abortion.
thundergirl85
It pisses me off how people in the comments are saying things like "What's the difference between a one-month fetus and a newborn baby."

Do forgive me for being lighthearted about such a heavy topic, but this portion I bolded sounds like the setup for a dead baby joke.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
juliewashere88
nightshade

The word abortion is used intentionally so no one will miss the "clever" comparison.

So Mrs Frothy did indeed have an abortion....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I haven't read the article, but I am actually of the opinion that the Romans had it right in not considering an infant a person until it was two or so. It doesn't have a discernable personality before then, and certainly lacks the self-awareness to fear death.

Of course I'd rather people practiced contraception.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login