Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An intelligent CF conversation on City Data

Posted by Dorisan 
An intelligent CF conversation on City Data
March 03, 2012
I suppose there's a correlation to the way the conversation steered and the age of most of the posters. It was initiated on the Retirement Forum. Lots of intelligent, interesting answers with only a few bingoes thrown in, plus the usual complement of parents who talk about how great/stressful/wonderful/agonizing it is to have kids, but "it's all worth it". I like how Minervah pertly responds

One thing I am curious about is that the topic of this thread is "Still pleased with being childless by choice as an elder?" But some people are posting just the opposite: why they are pleased that they have had children.

This seems to be the situation in every forum I have ever read where this subject comes up. Not that anyone here is being preachy or scolding as I sometimes see on other forums. Everyone is polite and respcetful of other peoples' comments. But I just wonder why those to whom the question is not being addressed feel compelled to answer just the reverse of what is being asked.

CF conversations on CD typically get started on the Relationships board and devolve into a muddle. I followed this one almost all the way through without a lot of sneering.

Thom, this might interest you: one of the newest responses is from Brightdoglover - IleneB from the ASCF days. I'm always glad to see messages from her. It proves she's still around and doing well.
Re: An intelligent CF conversation on City Data
March 03, 2012
Dorisan

Thom, this might interest you: one of the newest responses is from Brightdoglover - IleneB from the ASCF days. I'm always glad to see messages from her. It proves she's still around and doing well.

Get her to come over here!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: An intelligent CF conversation on City Data
March 03, 2012
Dorisan
I suppose there's a correlation to the way the conversation steered and the age of most of the posters. It was initiated on the Retirement Forum. Lots of intelligent, interesting answers with only a few bingoes thrown in, plus the usual complement of parents who talk about how great/stressful/wonderful/agonizing it is to have kids, but "it's all worth it". I like how Minervah pertly responds

One thing I am curious about is that the topic of this thread is "Still pleased with being childless by choice as an elder?" But some people are posting just the opposite: why they are pleased that they have had children.

This seems to be the situation in every forum I have ever read where this subject comes up. Not that anyone here is being preachy or scolding as I sometimes see on other forums. Everyone is polite and respcetful of other peoples' comments. But I just wonder why those to whom the question is not being addressed feel compelled to answer just the reverse of what is being asked.

CF conversations on CD typically get started on the Relationships board and devolve into a muddle. I followed this one almost all the way through without a lot of sneering.

I'll check it out! Minervah is an EZ regular.

Click here to login