Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

entry 1915

Posted by mercurior 
entry 1915
October 10, 2006
finally, something seems to be done for male contraception other than the main 3.

women have (17 roughly)... the pill, Depo-Provera, norplant, Emergency Contraception Pills (ECP), Spermicides, Sterilization, IUD, NuvaRing, The Birth Control Patch (Ortho Evra), Diaphragm Condoms, the Sponge, Cervical Cap, Cervical Shield, Vaginal Contraceptive Film. plus abstinence. (i wont even dignify this with Rhythm Method,)

menhave (3), condoms, abstinence, and vasectomy. glad to see more male contraceptions are being developed

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
GreenGrass
Re: entry 1915
October 10, 2006
I'm glad there is another potential option for the guys. Makes me wonder how many are going to get it reversed when they find out how convenient it makes life!
CFScorpio
October 10, 2006
GreenGrass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Makes me wonder how many are going to get it
> reversed when they find out how convenient it
> makes life!

I think the #1 reason men get them reversed is when they get to Wife #2 (or 3) who wants kids of her own.
CJ
October 10, 2006
Mercurior,good point about not dignifying the "rhythm method" (aka Vatican roulette) as a form of birth control. Mom had five children; three of us came about through the rhythm method!

As Mom said, "it works, IF the man will cooperate!" So much for that!; )
October 10, 2006
I'm sure many Catholic husbands still demand sex even if the catholic wives let them know that they are not in a "safe" date on the calender. Yet...many of my former religion's followers wonder why these wives are very sickly and worn out by their early 40's as well as not wanting sex at all. The husbands whine and go with their secretaries or receptionists at work. If a divorce takes place, the man is able to get his annulment to marry his young trinket. Even with the "pull-out" method, semen has often leaked out long before ejaculation.
CFScorpio
October 10, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
> I'm sure many Catholic husbands still demand sex
> even if the catholic wives let them know that they
> are not in a "safe" date on the calender.
> Yet...many of my former religion's followers
> wonder why these wives are very sickly and worn
> out by their early 40's as well as not wanting sex
> at all. The husbands whine and go with their
> secretaries or receptionists at work. If a divorce
> takes place, the man is able to get his annulment
> to marry his young trinket.

Sounds like my next-door neighbors when I was a kid. They had 9 children. The wife had a lot of health problems and needed oxygen and a chair-lift to go up the stairs. Last I heard, hubby (who was a doctor!) divorced her and married a younger woman. She was reduced to living in their squalid beach house and died a very bitter woman.
GreenGrass
October 10, 2006
This crap where people can't just NOT f*ck while there is a risk of pregnancy makes me crazy. Sorry in advance for the TMI and if I come off sounding like an a$$hole, but my husband and I abstained for two months when I was sick from being on the pill. I didn't trust any other contraceptive method out there, and I sure as hell wasn't going to risk it.
It is never worth risking it just to make some man happy by getting him off.
October 10, 2006
Greengrass, I don't blame you for abstaining. I too on several occasions abstained from having sex with DH for one month while taking antibiotics. I don't trust condoms. I actually knew somebody who got pregnant using condoms while she was on the pill and using antibiotics. The condom broke! DH was very understanding and also didn't want to risk a pregnancy. If it ever were to happen to me, I would get an abortion. Still I rather avoid all this fiasco.
October 11, 2006
CFScorpio Wrote:

> Sounds like my next-door neighbors when I was a
> kid. They had 9 children. The wife had a lot of
> health problems and needed oxygen and a chair-lift
> to go up the stairs. Last I heard, hubby (who was
> a doctor!) divorced her and married a younger
> woman. She was reduced to living in their squalid
> beach house and died a very bitter woman.

What happened to the neighbour lady does not surprise me, CF Scorpio. These religious men love to keep their wives pregnant and oppressed but are so quick to dump these loyal, religious women for the next young thing with a tight body. What gets me is how the Catholic Church is so quick to grant annulments for these men since it is usually the Catholic males with the $$$$. The Church basically slaps the former wives in the face by claiming that their marriages were never valid.
October 11, 2006
GreenGrass Wrote:

> It is never worth risking it just to make some man
> happy by getting him off.

You are absolutely 100% correct, Green Grass!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login