Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

footage from the Vibrant Living festival I was volunteering at in 2010

Posted by zatoth 
footage from the Vibrant Living festival I was volunteering at in 2010
March 15, 2012
yeah...i know. i am the queen of cheesesteaks, and what the hell was i doing at a festival full of hippy vegans? a friend of mine was playing a set thereand i volunteered so i would not have to pay 25$ to attend this hippy convention to see her (tickets to see Aura Noir did not even cost 25$). so, here's some footage:

*I was only going to post the one of the child rearing, but then felt a fuller effect of the whatthefuckery would be best with several videoes I found. Below is the friend I went to see, but the performance is from a british show and the quality is a tad lacking...

I have an aunt and uncle in their early 60's who still live like hippies and they pretty much look like some of the people pictured. They never grew out of the "peace, love, and joy" time period and she wears flowers in her hair, drives an old VW van with the floral decals that looks like the Partridge Family's ride, grow their own pot, live out in a remote area with little modern conveniences, and live off of handmade goods and veggie and "herb" sales from their gardens and a small VA disability check from when my uncle served in Vietnam. He wasn't a hippy until he came back from his 'Nam tour of duty.

They're weird, but they seem pretty happy and few laws are being broken.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
This was the weirdest fucking festival though. Most festivals are...festive. The only place really getting action was the "seminar corner" under a few treely trees and a fruit whip area on the porch of a farm house (seen in the third video). The rest was people just sitting under pavilions. The first three music acts were cool: an opera singer, Cyndee and a female folk singer. Then was some bunch of guys all sitting on the stage doing this droney singing: "innn the....fuuuuuuuturrrrre". The song of the day goes to monkey song boy, for the tribute to his colonics guy. I am standing in the food tent with this ever darkening guacamole and hearing this song. Yuck.

The food was raw-guacamole, mango chutney, some sort of zucchini and pesto, papaya gazpacho and tabbouleh made with hemp seeds. There were also balls made with dates and coconuts, which were cool. But raw food + 100 degrees in the shade + tin foil labs with ice that melted three hours ago = NASTY. Cyndee makes raw and live food that freakin' rocks, so I know what it looks and tastes like. This stuff-not it!

Talk about feeling awkward: hippy festival with vegan food and I'm the only ultra conservative, carnivorous metal head for miles...

(The plane noises in the video are because apparently an airport that offers gliderrides is in the vicinity and gliders were constantly overhead)
By the way, in the first video, I thought you all would get a kick from the child rearing lesson...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login