Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bad hotel review by a parent -- oh sounds horrible!

Posted by dreamlife 
bad hotel review by a parent -- oh sounds horrible!
March 24, 2012
I found this review of a hotel on a website that focuses on traveling. The writer of this review warns parents not to bring kids here. That's right! Leave it for the childfree! I personally stayed there and I thought it was absolutely lovely. The staffers were wonderfully warm to me, but of course, I wasn't making demands such as this:

"The room was nice and clean. However, we went to give my son, 2 years a bath and there was no slip proof mat on the bathtub. In effect, if my husband and I did not get into the bath our son could get hurt. I advised the front desk and they said they would find out. They did call and said "no we dont have a bath mat."

I asked if their manager could purchase one. They are maybe $3-6 at a supermarket. I advised them its dangerous for children (and adults) to not have one. They did not seem concerned at all. They did not apologize for offer to do anything, which is not reassuring at all."

If this person is so concerned about having a bath mat, I guess she needs to travel with one. When I stayed at the hotel, there was a constant stream of customers for the hotel staff to deal with without having to run to the store to buy something that no other guest is complaining about!
Re: bad hotel review by a parent -- oh sounds horrible!
March 24, 2012
Seriously?? She expected the staff to jump in their car and go buy them a bath mat?? Give me a fucking break!!
March 24, 2012
hang on a minute....if we steal ALL the bath mats from great hotels and quaint B&Bs does that mean famblees won't stay there?

MWAH-HUH-HUH! :fmbl
Can we have the name of the hotel? Maybe drop a bunch of positive reviews on them as a reward.
March 24, 2012
The hotel is the Orchards Inn of Sedona (Arizona). The vast majority of the reviews are good. Most people who posted a review on the site (Tripadvisor) like it.
Maybe most people do not rate hotels based on bath mats. Personally I see bath mats as nothing but a breeding ground for germs. I don't want to expose my feet to other people's foot funk.
March 24, 2012
I read reviews on those sites because I travel a lot and like to check what people say about places I've stayed. Most of the complaints come from parunts. They expect the whole staff to bow to their golden child. I've read stuff like:
"The towels were too rough for my baybee's skin"
"The TP was only two ply and my chyld would not use it"
"Snotleigh might fall from the balcony because the handle on the sliding door was low enough for her to reach it and unlock it" (there were safety locks on the doors because I stayed at that hotel)
I also read one about bath mats.
Read one about lack of play ground equipment at the hotel and that the pool was too small and the childrunnn didn't like it.
Thing is.. I was very satisfied with the places that they were posting stupid complaints about.
March 24, 2012
starlady
Thing is.. I was very satisfied with the places that they were posting stupid complaints about.

I will start factoring in parental complaints on these sites into my decision. If other people who don't mention children like it but parents don't, I will probably like it -- especially if the negativity by parents keeps other families away. I don't want to hear shrieking children when I am trying to relax on vacation!
March 24, 2012
dreamlife
I found this review of a hotel on a website that focuses on traveling. The writer of this review warns parents not to bring kids here. That's right! Leave it for the childfree! I personally stayed there and I thought it was absolutely lovely. The staffers were wonderfully warm to me, but of course, I wasn't making demands such as this:

"The room was nice and clean. However, we went to give my son, 2 years a bath and there was no slip proof mat on the bathtub. In effect, if my husband and I did not get into the bath our son could get hurt. I advised the front desk and they said they would find out. They did call and said "no we dont have a bath mat."

I asked if their manager could purchase one. They are maybe $3-6 at a supermarket. I advised them its dangerous for children (and adults) to not have one. They did not seem concerned at all. They did not apologize for offer to do anything, which is not reassuring at all."

If this person is so concerned about having a bath mat, I guess she needs to travel with one. When I stayed at the hotel, there was a constant stream of customers for the hotel staff to deal with without having to run to the store to buy something that no other guest is complaining about!

Are there health codes in the state dictating bath mats? Bath mats I know can be expensive (6$ my ass), harbor mold and present a cleaning issue. Most tubs I have stepped into in hotels have textured bottoms, so there's no need for a bath mat.

You want freaky? I had a fucking house centipede crawl out of a drain at a hotel once. You ever see a house centipede? Yikes! I am not afraid of bugs. However, I do NOT like having freaky looking foreign species of critters running amok in my hotel room.
March 24, 2012
zatoth

You want freaky? I had a fucking house centipede crawl out of a drain at a hotel once. You ever see a house centipede?

I have now! sad smiley

Eeeek!
March 24, 2012
stupid moo
However, we went to give my son, 2 years a bath and there was no slip proof mat on the bathtub.
The kid is 2. So I would imagine they would plunk his ass in a couple inches of water in the tub while Moo kneels beside the tub to bathe him. What does she think is going to happen...that the kid is suddenly going to slide and spin around the tub whirlpool style? If she was so damn concerned, why not just take one of the hand towels and place it on the bottom of the tub for the kid to sit on?

and OT...
zatoth
You want freaky? I had a fucking house centipede crawl out of a drain at a hotel once. You ever see a house centipede?
LOL yeah. We get those on occasion. We mostly find them in our basement, but sometimes they do make their way upstairs. Once I DID find one in our tub. Oh and one in the kitchen sink; one morning I lifted the sponge out of the sink and a ginormous centipede skittered out from under it and away down the drain. I ran the faucet for about 5 minutes to make sure the damn thing got flooded down into the depths of the sewer system. Those damn things move quick!
March 24, 2012
If Moo thought the manager needed to just run out and buy them one, why didn't she or husband go to the nearest store to purchase one in this clearly life-threatening emergency? One last time for all lurking moos: children are not a disability, no place has to accommodate you and if a place doesn't specifically advertise as catering to children or families then they probably don't want you there and neither do most of the other guests. Leave your wailing, screeching brat at home or stay someplace else. Both you and the other guests (childed, childless and childfree) will be much happier.
March 25, 2012
Tripadvisor is a popular site, most people i know use it before booking travel. I hope the breeder feedback results eventually in breeders boycotting certain hotels so that we CF can enjoy them in peace. I hate children being anywhere near me when I am trying to relax on vacation. I try to choose hotels geared at business travelers- they are usually not frequented by famblees.
As for bathmat-gate: what a pile of horseshit. How dumb would you have to be to base your review of a hotel on a bathmat? I assume she does not leave her 2-year old unattended in the bath, so what's the problem? Parent your kid properly and safely, and you have no reason to complain, whinger.
March 25, 2012
I've gotten to the point where if a breeder posts a negative review about a hotel because it wasn't up to Shitford's high standards, I put it on my list to check out. We stayed at a place in Vancouver not long ago that had a bunch of negative reviews from breeders who complained about homeless people in the neighborhood (just that they exist, not that they were being aggressive) and noise from the garbage truck (which was not that noisy at all, but I live in the city so I'm used to noise). It was one of the best places we've ever stayed at. I have many more examples but the point is that breeders will complain about the most trivial things and skew reviews on sites like TripAdvisor.
March 25, 2012
It's a shame you can't limit reviews to those made by people who are like-minded.
March 25, 2012
Bath mats are a source of bacteria and would have to removed and replaced after each guest visit. I wouldn't want to stand on a damp bath mat after a stranger had showered with it. That a parent can't figure out a way to bathe themselves and a 2 y/o without the use of a bath mat and simultaneously avoid personal injury is ridiculous. Filling the tub with a few inches of water, wiping the kid down, and standing there to make sure it doesn't slip and crack it's skull, would take all of five minutes, ten tops. These people think they have to have bubbles, bath crayons, toys, mats, etc.......to simply bathe a toddler. If that's what they require then they should carry their own shit when they travel. How DID anyone bathe their kids before all of these necessary accessories hit the market?eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
March 25, 2012
The only way the kid is going to slip is if it is standing in the bath. Make the kid sit down and behave. Problem solved.
March 25, 2012
You know what I hate? When I'm asleep in a hotel/motel room and I'm awakened at the crack of dawn by some kid shrieking bloody murder at the top of its lungs right outside the door. This happened last year when I was in Orlando with my nephew, his Mom, and sister. Ex-SIL wasn't thrilled either. She said her initial maternal instincts gave her a "Ohmygod what the hell who is dead or being killed?" reaction, then she realized it was just someone else's crack monkey and got pissed off.

I know, I know, Orlando is like the capital of famblee shit, but who lets their kid scream outside a hotel door?
March 25, 2012
kidlesskim
Bath mats are a source of bacteria and would have to removed and replaced after each guest visit. I wouldn't want to stand on a damp bath mat after a stranger had showered with it. That a parent can't figure out a way to bathe themselves and a 2 y/o without the use of a bath mat and simultaneously avoid personal injury is ridiculous. Filling the tub with a few inches of water, wiping the kid down, and standing there to make sure it doesn't slip and crack it's skull, would take all of five minutes, ten tops. These people think they have to have bubbles, bath crayons, toys, mats, etc.......to simply bathe a toddler. If that's what they require then they should carry their own shit when they travel. How DID anyone bathe their kids before all of these necessary accessories hit the market?eye rolling smiley

Another thing is - hotels charge $ for everything. I am sure that if the hotel DID go buy a bath mat, it would have ended up charged to their bill for three times as much as it cost at the store. Then they would have argued about it at check-out time.

This just reminded me of an idea I had: Put things INTO the mini-bar instead of taking them out, and then the hotel owes YOU money.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
March 25, 2012
Shiny
You know what I hate? When I'm asleep in a hotel/motel room and I'm awakened at the crack of dawn by some kid shrieking bloody murder at the top of its lungs right outside the door. This happened last year when I was in Orlando with my nephew, his Mom, and sister. Ex-SIL wasn't thrilled either. She said her initial maternal instincts gave her a "Ohmygod what the hell who is dead or being killed?" reaction, then she realized it was just someone else's crack monkey and got pissed off.

I know, I know, Orlando is like the capital of famblee shit, but who lets their kid scream outside a hotel door?

The same worthless fuckers who let them wail in restaurants, movies theatres, and other public places and the same bastards and Moo-Cunts who let them piss in public restroom sinks, marinate in their own shit filled diapers, and udder feed them until they are old enough to eat steak.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
March 25, 2012
Look moos.. a hotel is not home and you may actually have to bring a few things with you... or change the way you do things for a day or so while you're there. Get the fuck over it already.
A small bag with a bathmat, soft towel, correct soap and maybe even your own TP if someone is so freekin' picky. Heck.. I even do that when dh and I travel. He won't use the hotel soap...so... we pack our own. Not rocket science.
March 25, 2012
What does she think is going to happen...that the kid is suddenly going to slide and spin around the tub whirlpool style?

waving hellolarious

Why do parents on review sites come off as being more whiny than their own kids? If they want the comfort and safety of home - a thought for them - stay the fuck at home, until the delicate little biscuits are tough enough to handle bath matless tubs, rough towels and scented soap without finely milled coconut oil.
March 25, 2012
So basically the moos are upset because a hotel room hasn't been bratproofed.

Solution: Stay the fuck home.
March 25, 2012
DivaLasVegas
If she was so damn concerned, why not just take one of the hand towels and place it on the bottom of the tub for the kid to sit on?

You beat me to it. Breeders have absolutely no resourcefulness or imagination. the world 'fail' on flames

As Kim said, bathmats harbor germs and would be just one more thing that the housekeeper would need to clean....which means in many cases it probably wouldn't be cleaned. I hate bathmats. They have always grossed me out, even when I was a kid. two faces puking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
March 25, 2012

"Scuse me-but there's a toddler screaming outside of my room..."
March 26, 2012
EW! I get those nasty bugs sometimes in our house because everything is open from construction. they like damp places. I usually rinse it right back down the sink after a healthy dose of clorox.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login