Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Colorado Easter Egg Hunt Canceled Due to Helicopter Parents:rolleyes2

Posted by cfaspiegirl26 
First of all, it's ridiculous to toss all those eggs out in plain sight in a field. How is that any kind of "hunt"? Parents jumping over the rope and grabbing at the eggs is preposterous too. It's a damned shame these idiots can ruin just about anything that's scheduled as a community event "for the chylldren". They act the same way about standing in line for Santa and Trick or Treating too and just about anything else where their kid might be slighted. I vote to do away with all of it and only have private get togethers of this nature where participants who exhibit a little class are the only ones invited.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I'm just glad it's an issue we'll never have to worry about. Because I can buy all the goddamn chocolate eggs I want.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
somewhere the easter bunny is weeping bitter, bitter tears. sad smiley
Miss_Hannigan
I'm just glad it's an issue we'll never have to worry about. Because I can buy all the goddamn chocolate eggs I want.

Yep! When I feel like having Easter chocolate, I just head down to CVS and buy it. And it's all for ME and I don't have to share it with any brats. bouncing and laughing
Re: Colorado Easter Egg Hunt Canceled Due to Helicopter Parents:rolleyes2
March 26, 2012
When I was a wee thing, my parents took me to the local park for an egg hunt. There were LOTS of kids there, and I didn't understand the idea of grabbing the eggs closest to me, so by the time I reached the location of the eggs that I DID see, someone else got to them first. When I backtracked to get the eggs I had run by, they were gone, too. I remember crying, but my parents told me, "sorry, better luck next time!" and guess what? I got over it. My parents did not make it a life mission to have all Easter Egg hunts disbanded, or make the organizers of that particular event resign in shame, because they had some perspective and knew it wasn't a big deal.
March 26, 2012
These kind if parents fuck up shit for everybody.
I thought a moo's idea of an "egg hunt" was stirring the toilet waters after a clump-dump.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Miss_Hannigan
I thought a moo's idea of an "egg hunt" was stirring the toilet waters after a clump-dump.

waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
waving hellolarious

Overcoddling parents are ruining all the fun for their spoiled kids! grinning smiley
Tiquer
When I was a wee thing, my parents took me to the local park for an egg hunt. There were LOTS of kids there, and I didn't understand the idea of grabbing the eggs closest to me, so by the time I reached the location of the eggs that I DID see, someone else got to them first. When I backtracked to get the eggs I had run by, they were gone, too. I remember crying, but my parents told me, "sorry, better luck next time!" and guess what? I got over it. My parents did not make it a life mission to have all Easter Egg hunts disbanded, or make the organizers of that particular event resign in shame, because they had some perspective and knew it wasn't a big deal.

That's the mature way to deal with it. Breeders lack sense.

lab mom
March 27, 2012
Imagine being a responsible parent having to deal with helicopter parents. How the fuck do you teach a child any sense of responsibility and manners with these assholes fucking shit up?
zatoth
Imagine being a responsible parent having to deal with helicopter parents. How the fuck do you teach a child any sense of responsibility and manners with these assholes fucking shit up?

THIS is one of the biggest reasons I'm grateful on a daily basis that I never bred. Being a responsible and REASONABLE parent and trying to raise a non-entitled, disciplined kid would be extremely difficult in today's "self esteem" society.

I love this from the comments in that article:

The blades on the helicopter go round and round...

waving hellolarious

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Snark Shark
" I promised my kid an Easter egg hunt, and I'd want to give him an even edge."

IT'S JUST SOME FUCKING EGGS!!!!!

what a bunch of shitheads.

Why does everything have to be a competition anymore? Can't we just kick back and have some fun once in a while?

JD
On the bright side, one area will have less crack monkeys in public on that day.
JohnDrake
Snark Shark

Why does everything have to be a competition anymore? Can't we just kick back and have some fun once in a while?

JD

No shit! It's an Easter egg hunt; it's not the Super Bowl or the Oscars. Let these kids have their fun.
JohnDrake
Snark Shark

JD

Because, today EVERYONE is number one, a blue ribbon winner, top of the class. Even the staggeringly mediocre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 27, 2012
JohnDrake
Snark Shark

JD

Breeders treat having kids as an Olympic event. Like they get a prize for being "Coolest Dad" or some shit
Miss_Hannigan

LMJFAO
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login