Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Creepy!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Creepy!
April 05, 2012
With an ultrasound transducer pressed against her cold, gelled stomach, Caitlin Thomas knew a grainy image of the 9-week-old fetus had materialized on the monitor. She wanted to see it once before a doctor removed it from her womb.

“I was like, ‘Can I see it?’ ” the 22-year-old asked the nurse at West End Women’s Medical Group on Jan 20. “She just looked at the ground, shrugged her shoulders and turned it to me and said, ‘That’s him.’” Ten hours after the abortion, during a suction-aspiration procedure, Thomas lies upright in a hotel-room bed as a plaid heating pad sticking out above the sheets rests at her waist. Her lower abdomen cramps and at times she winces.

She picks up a white piece of paper from beside pain medication and a receipt from the clinic. It’s a dark gray image of the fetus for which she asked the clinic staff. “I knew I wanted a copy and I knew I wanted to think about it more and always have it,” she said. “I think I talked to my therapist a few weeks ago and she said, you know, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to keep it in your closet, or just always have it.”

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2011/01/31/faced-with-a-choice-two-unr-students%E2%80%99-pregnancy-stories/

I'm all for abortion, but that's creepy.
Re: Creepy!
April 05, 2012
I thought the point of having an abortion was to, you know, banish the fucking thing forever. How much you wanna bet she'll lobby against them ebil abortionists who took advantage of her? I wouldn't keep a record of any other parasite I had removed, even if it was a "part of me" so to speak for some period of time.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Anonymous User
April 05, 2012
michaela
I thought the point of having an abortion was to, you know, banish the fucking thing forever. How much you wanna bet she'll lobby against them ebil abortionists who took advantage of her? I wouldn't keep a record of any other parasite I had removed, even if it was a "part of me" so to speak for some period of time.

THIS!!

There was a page on Birth Story Diaries of a kid that was born at 23 weeks (you guessed it, it didn't live), that came with the funeral pictures, including dead baby closeups. Even if I had a kid that died, I wouldn't take photos of it, that would scar me for life!

Keep that between yourself, family, and close friends, not the rest of us.
thundergirl85 NLI
April 05, 2012
I can totally understand if it was a kid she wanted, but had to abort for medical reasons or because she was suddenly destitute or in an abusive situation or something. But otherwise, yeah, I think it's creepy.
April 05, 2012
That'd be like keeping the slide specimen that held evidence of your cancerous tumor.thumbs updown

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
April 05, 2012
creepy yes.

I have a PNB friend who decided to abort her 3rd (unplanned and unaffordable) kid and wrote it a letter, just to get all the stuff out of her system... which I found pretty understandable. But keeping a scan? Odd.
April 05, 2012
The girl sounds VERY ditzy! openmouthed shock
April 06, 2012
Snark Shark
does she keep all her old tampons, too?

waving hellolarious

Good one!!
April 06, 2012
Wow, that's just kinda creepy. Maybe she kind of likes the drama of the conflicted feelings? And she's saving the grey-blob picture so she can stir that up later? Who knows.
April 06, 2012
i don't belive this at all; sounds like something an anti-choice troll would write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login