Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Little Women, Big Cars

Posted by Zzelda 
Little Women, Big Cars
May 07, 2012
Well, I for one can't wait to watch THIS!

Little Women, Big Cars

Description -

"Four suburban soccer moms tackle parenting, school and marriage issues – all while getting their kids to soccer practice on time. Follow these friends as they struggle to balance their busy schedules, personal lives, and sanity."

It looks like you can watch this right *on* AOL ???

What, it's so crappy they couldn't sell it to a TV station?

They even have the "Famblee Stick Figures" as a little logo smile rolling left righteyes2
(These have been embellished some what, the duh has a hipster beard, I am trying to figure out what the Moo is supposed to be - holding? Shopping bags? Bags of money? Or is she supposed to have giant whopping hooters?)

Is this what entertainment has come too?

I try to have a little break - this is the stuff I'm assaulted with. Ever get the feeling that there is nothing out there that speaks to you?
Re: Little Women, Big Cars
May 07, 2012
Made it through about 45 seconds of the preview video.

Who in their right minds would watch something this tedious? Isn't it bad enough to have a life this boring, much less watch it as a show? Also, I'd like to know in what universe you have a gaggle of moms this pretty and put-together; I guess that part is fictional...
May 07, 2012
Zzelda

I try to have a little break - this is the stuff I'm assaulted with. Ever get the feeling that there is nothing out there that speaks to you?

Yep, every day.
May 07, 2012
It's because they want to be validated my 3 million mommies who pat themselves on the back and refer to how haaaaard it is to do these things. All it is is a pity party, or a way to garner "sympathy" for poor mommies who have to do their jobs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
May 07, 2012
Tiquer
Zzelda

Yep, every day.

All the time. Our cool demographic is not large enough to be commercially worth pandering to.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Anonymous User
May 07, 2012
Watch as a bunch of people go through their everyday lives? So we're glorifying these people doing something that people do every day? That's...seriously lame. This means all of us should get a reality show as we balance our own busy lives!
May 07, 2012
Those actresses are way too well-groomed. Real soccer mommies look like they've been run OVER by an SUV.
May 07, 2012
Modern slaves.

smile rolling left righteyes2
May 07, 2012
This is a far more accurate portrayal:

muahahahahah. back in time, movie producers race each other to produce movies that represents dreams and hope about the future.
now they don't do that anymore.
Anonymous User
May 07, 2012
felisdomestica
muahahahahah. back in time, movie producers race each other to produce movies that represents dreams and hope about the future.

Because people stuck doing TMIJITW have largely given up most of their hopes and dreams. Hollywood pumps out shit like "I Don't Know How She Does It" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting" because "pyeopol can reeeeeelaaaaaate". And our screens are filled with "A Baby Story" and this SmooooV show now that the current Brat Boom is in full swing.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2012
law
Those actresses are way too well-groomed. Real soccer mommies look like they've been run OVER by an SUV.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahaha!
May 08, 2012
lonecretin
felisdomestica

Because people stuck doing TMIJITW have largely given up most of their hopes and dreams. Hollywood pumps out shit like "I Don't Know How She Does It" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting" because "pyeopol can reeeeeelaaaaaate". And our screens are filled with "A Baby Story" and this SmooooV show now that the current Brat Boom is in full swing.

hahaha! I see those as movies about broken dreams and hopes!
really. still, I thought people with broken dreams wouldn't want to watch something that reminds them of their own broken dreams. I thought this kind of audience would prefer something that totally different from their life, promoting and portraying things the audience will never have-like flying to the moon, wild sex without children interrupting, successful career, intergalactic battle...
the success of those kind of movie must be one form of 'misery loves company' attitude.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login