Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From my FB newsfeed - Grandpa has had enough!

Posted by Dorisan 
From my FB newsfeed - Grandpa has had enough!
May 23, 2012
I have no idea who this person is. I see his messages because a niece of mine whom I friended comments on his posts. If I felt like putzing around I could probably figure out how to filter this stuff, but it's not a priority.

ANYWAY, the FB post does raise an interesting thought, to me. Once the grandkids come along, what happens with the relationship between Gramps and Gram if one is more fatuous about their grandspawn than the other?

Sounds like Grandpa has had enough, but Grammie loves having them around. I guess taking up golf or fishin' is a good escape from them, but I imagine that leads to complaints from Grandma that Gramps isn't taking enough of an interest.
Re: From my FB newsfeed - Grandpa has had enough!
May 23, 2012
Kids are like Herpes. The gift that keeps on giving.

I always muse about gripers I see, like on Truu Moo, who flat out state they shouldn't have kids and can't wait til they're grown.

Yeah? You may be in for multiple surprises!

Like adult children moving back in with you.

With the Grand Spawn.

The dumping of Grand Spawn on you. Possibly permanently.

I have little sympathy for Grand Parents. They wanted that "Family". Most romanticize Grand Parenthood and extended family also. If they can't set boundaries with the adult kids and Grand Sprogs - well --->

:bedmadelie
May 23, 2012
Grandpa may REALLY have enough and go get his own pad.
Probably only real peace and quiet he'll get as his wife is grand baby rabid.
pity.
If I were to have a guess, he's been playing second fiddle to the fuck trophies his entire life.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 24, 2012
whoops, somebody has fallen into the infinite loop of lifescripttm
sorry grandpa. you thought your days of backbreaking work had finished after you kicked your last child out.

of course it is not. silly grandpa.

I am astonished by how many people I know intend to (or already have) dump their kids (and kids to be) at their parents' place while they're working or having fun.

my dad (and my mom) should be thankful that I would never ever dump little mistakes at their place. the only things I will dump at their place are cash and kitties.
We drop by our parents' house and we clean and fix and organize for them. Then we take them to lunch and dinner.

That's the way to visit your folks.
May 24, 2012
I have no sympathy for grandbreeders. Nine times out of ten, they were the ones hollering and whining for grandchildren. Now you have them....more of them than you ever wanted to see.
May 26, 2012
I, too, vote for Gramps to take a day of golf or fishing. Everyone needs some me-time. And if Grandma is happy with the grandkids there, she can tend them on her own for a day.

Hopefully this is a learning situation, and for the next visit Grandpa will either require that one of the kids' parents accompanies them, or he clearly lays out his limits. "I'm good for X number of days. After that I'll be spending time at (the hardware store, Ted's house, the bowling alley, insert other pleasant diversion here)."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login